• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonah Hill In Talks For Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman’ At Warner Bros.

brap

Banned
Oh fuck bros!!

EXCLUSIVE: We are hearing that two-time Oscar nominee Jonah Hill is in talks to play a villain in the upcoming Warner Bros. reboot of Batman which stars Robert Pattinson as the caped crusader. Deals aren’t signed yet, but that’s what we are hearing at this minute.

War for the Planet of the Apes filmmaker Matt Reeves is directing from his own script. He’ll produce with his Apes collaborator Dylan Clark. Previous villains in the Batman cinematic canon have included The Joker, The Riddler, Scarecrow, the Penguin, Bane, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Ra’s al Ghul among others.

Hill made his feature directorial debut with the A24 movie Mid90s last year. He was nominated for best supporting actor roles in Moneyball and Wolf of Wall Street. Hill’s global box office credits have amassed $5.8 billion with such pics as the How to Train Your Dragon franchise, The Lego Movie pics and 21 and 22 Jump Street pics.

The Batman is set for a June 25, 2021, release.

its gonna happen baby!

X6gsLJzl.jpg

JimiNutz

Banned
Hoping for Penguin but also hoping that we get multiple villains in this movie.

I want at least one villain that presents Batman with a physical challenge as well - Maybe Deathstroke?

ellias

Banned
Looking to this ugly unfunny degenerate? Pushing for a black Gordon? This shit failed before it even got off the ground.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Looking to this ugly unfunny degenerate? Pushing for a black Gordon? This shit failed before it even got off the ground.
Unfunny? Degenerate? He definitely isn't the best looking guy, but why would he even need to be un-ugly.

Ellis

A few years ago I would have laughed my arse off at the casting choices of this film, but now.... I'm pretty fucking hyped, to be honest.

Matt Reeves upcoming trilogy might be at least great movies (based upon his latest "War for the planet of the apes"). Jonah Hill is a great actor who can perform any role. Hope to see him in penguin role, but it will be fine if he plays riddler

I think he’d be best as The Penguin, but he could just as easily pull off The Riddler as well. People are really going to eat their fucking words about Pattinson, I think. When he blows your precious Christian Bale out of the water as Batman, you can come back to me and I’ll tell you that I told you so. Because I did.

Last edited:
I think he’d be best as The Penguin, but he could just as easily pull off The Riddler as well. People are really going to eat their fucking words about Pattinson, I think. When he blows your precious Christian Bale out of the water as Batman, you can come back to me and I’ll tell you that I told you so. Because I did.

I doubt any batman fan is ready to jump on any actor for not being fit for the role after what we saw with Ledger.

Pattison might be a good batman and I think he will play the part well. Bale, knocked it out of the water so well because he looked like a suave billionaire (Wayne) and Batman.

Let's not muddy the waters though, West is the only true Batman ever to grace our screens.

OT : I see penguin more than Riddler. Personally, i always wanted to see Di-caprio as Riddler vs Batman Bale

Last edited:
Top Bottom