• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors arrested on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment

TMZ report:

4:44 PM PT -- Here's what allegedly happened in the lead-up to this. Per our law enforcement sources, police were told that the alleged victim is Majors' girlfriend -- and, according to her, they got into an argument while in a taxi returning home from a bar in Brooklyn.

Our sources say police were told the girlfriend saw another woman texting Majors, and she confronted him -- trying to sneak a peek at his phone. We're told the alleged victim/GF claims this got Majors mad, and that he allegedly grabbed her hand and allegedly slapped her.

We're also told the alleged victim claims he put his hands around her neck during this. Our sources say the woman was dropped off somewhere and that JM spent the night elsewhere. It appears the girlfriend went to police the following morning (Sat.) and reported a crime.

Jonathan Majors was arrested in New York City this weekend -- and, according to police, he's being accused of putting hands on a woman ... but Jon's team is calling BS.

Law enforcement sources tell us the actor was booked Saturday morning on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment. We're told cops responded to a call for service around 11 AM ET near the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan.

We're told the alleged victim in this case, a female, relayed to police that Majors had gotten into a dispute with her and proceeded to attack her. Their exact relationship is unknown.

Our sources tell us the alleged victim had visible injuries -- including a laceration behind her ear, redness and marks to her face. She was taken to an area hospital and is in stable condition. As for Majors ... he was cuffed and taken to jail on the spot, as police felt there was enough evidence for probable cause. We're hearing he is currently out of custody.

Sounds bad , but if Ezra Miller's career can survive all his allegations/shenanigans, then Major's career will probably be fine as well. But in the eyes of the public, he is now a woman beater so uh.. good luck shedding that label.

Update 4/18/23:
He's been dropped by his talent agency and PR firm. Not looking good for him.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

TMZ report:
[/URL]

Sounds bad , but if Ezra Miller's career can survive all his allegations/shenanigans, then Major's career will probably be fine as well. But in the eyes of the public, he is now a woman beater so uh.. good luck shedding that label.

We'll see if it's true or not.

But the narratives have already started about how he's a horrible "thug" without seeing if any of it's true. I still don't know if some of the other stuff about Ezra Miller are true yet other than the choke out in Iceland.

I will always stand on, "innocent until proven guilty" (the exception is if there is a video confirming the allegations). I won't condemn anyone because of an allegation. There has been a lot of shit like this before and they guy/girl was innocent.

Omari Hardwick Omg GIF by Power

FunkMiller

Gold Member

But the narratives have already started about how he's a horrible "thug" without seeing if any of it's true. I still don't know if some of the other stuff about Ezra Miller are true yet other than the choke out in Iceland.

Miller's been arrested and charged with harassment in Hawaii. They have other investigations into him ongoing. He's had temporary harassment orders granted against him. he has an ongoing case of harassment against him in Germany. He was charged with felony burglary in vermont. Add all that to the accusations made by multiple people, independent of one another about what a cunt he is, and I think it's safe to say he's a wrong 'un.

Last edited:

Your post is the first time I saw the word "thug" in relation to this news. Everyone else on Twitter just seems disappointed because they were propping him up as the next big thing when Ant-Man came out. I've also seen some disappointment that his girlfriend was white... :rolleyes:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I will always stand on, "innocent until proven guilty" (the exception is if there is a video confirming the allegations). I won't condemn anyone because of an allegation. There has been a lot of shit like this before and they guy/girl was innocent.

Agreed.

Now if the victim turns out to be his wife or girlfriend, it definitely gets much more suspicious unless she self inflicted it. But if it's a random women who the hell knows.

Look what happened in the Chris Avellone thread in the gaming forum. The two accusers admitted lying and Avellone is innocent and won a financial judgement.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
If all of that checks out then that is very disappointing. He comes off as a really nice really approachable guy in interviews as well, but then again habitual abusers are usually very good about hiding their true nature from others.

Also if it checks out I expect Disney is going to drop him like a hot potato and have to recast Kang. Also any hopes of a follow-up to Creed is also out the window. What a ridiculously stupid way to end your very young very promising career.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I think the fact that the police rocked up to find a woman with injuries, and arrested Majors on the spot and marched him down to the lock up, suggests that this is not going to go well for his future, or Disney's.

Last edited:
Your post is the first time I saw the word "thug" in relation to this news. Everyone else on Twitter just seems disappointed because they were propping him up as the next big thing when Ant-Man came out. I've also seen some disappointment that his girlfriend was white... :rolleyes:

Sorry to derail the main topic, but I've never understood this mentality (white dudes/black chicks being the ones who are butthurt about a black dude dating a white chick). I'm just happy if the two people like each other and have a good relationship...

Which sadly, it doesn't sound like this relationship is going well. Hoping the allegations are not true, but if they are, I hope the trial and punishment are fair.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
On the flip side of these kinds of situations, we have cunts like this:

Offers zero proof of his accusations. Just a bunch of vague tweets about how Majors has always been a violent, abusive asshole. This has only been posted so he can increase his own amount of followers and get more clicks. If he was serious, he would have gone to the police. This is performative bullshit, designed for one purpose.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I remember liking Kang in ant man 3 and the actor caught my attention immediately in Creed 3.

ManaByte

Gold Member
On the flip side of these kinds of situations, we have cunts like this:

Offers zero proof of his accusations. Just a bunch of vague tweets about how Majors has always been a violent, abusive asshole. This has only been posted so he can increase his own amount of followers and get more clicks. If he was serious, he would have gone to the police. This is performative bullshit, designed for one purpose.

Welcome to Twitter.

Power Pro

I'm sure his employers at Disney will consider this, and not make any rash judgments...

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

They could probably easily recast him especially since he's tied into the multiverse shenanigans. You would just have a different looking Kang as a variant.

RCU005

That wasn’t Jhonatan Majors, that was one of his many variants!

If this escalates, it will be a huge blow to the MCU. You can say they’ll recast him, but it would be incredibly difficult for Marvel\Disney to handle this.

If this escalates, it will be a huge blow to the MCU. You can say they’ll recast him, but it would be incredibly difficult for Marvel\Disney to handle this.
It should be fairly easy to recast him using the multiverse as an explanation since he was tied into that.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member

They always can use more CGI.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Nah, you all misunderstood his intent as he prepared for Creed IV. He's a seasoned actor that's all

Toons

Banned
Forget Kang, Kang is an easy recast. it would however be a real shame to have a young up and coming and talented black actor go down like this.

No one else was in the car, remains to be seen if the allegations are true or not. But its not a good look.

That being said, I find it peculiar Ezra Miller still walks free and is headlining a film but this does already in cuffs? Theres something we don't know yet at play.

All the extra tweets from nobodies coming out see bulls*** guaranteed. Even if these turn out to be true not a chance any of those bozos knows anything about him.

Last edited:
Forget Kang, Kang is an easy recast. it would however be a real shame to have a young up and coming and talented black actor go down like this.

No one else was in the car, remains to be seen if the allegations are true or not. But its not a good look.

That being said, I find it peculiar Ezra Miller still walks free and is headlining a film but this does already in cuffs? Theres something we don't know yet at play.

All the extra tweets from nobodies coming out see bulls*** guaranteed. Even if these turn out to be true not a chance any of those bozos knows anything about him.
Innocent until proven guilty but apparently there's a history with this guy. Also the evidence at the scene seems to be really working against him.

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
Innocent until proven guilty but apparently there's a history with this guy. Also the evidence at the scene seems to be really working against him.

A history we've never heard anyrhing about until tonight? From some random on Twitter

Sounds hella convenient.

I will say the scene doesn't look good but again, way too soon to say anything definitive. It would suck if it turns out to be true, but if he did do that stuff then screw him. Not ok behavior.

A history we've never heard anyrhing about until tonight? From some random on Twitter

Sounds hella convenient.

I will say the scene doesn't look good but again, way too soon to say anything definitive. It would suck if it turns out to be true, but if he did do that stuff then screw him. Not ok behavior.
Unfortunately even if he is innocent this might ruin his career with Disney.

Toons

Banned
Unfortunately even if he is innocent this might ruin his career with Disney.

It depends on what comes out. Domestic arguments happen all the time, phones are reached for, arms are grabbed, etc.

Brad Pitt was accused of similar by his ex wife and made it out virtually unscatched. Even josh Brolin marvels last big villain got into some stuff years ago.

Disney and Hollywood don't give af, they just care about the optics of selecting someone like that.

I will say its gonna be tough to make it out of this one unscathed. Its possible but its not looking likely.

That tweet making the rounds tho? A literal nobody, not even a small time wannabe actor. Literslly just a random. Not trusting that with any credibility.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It depends on what comes out. Domestic arguments happen all the time, phones are reached for, arms are grabbed, etc.

Brad Pitt was accused of similar by his ex wife and made it out virtually unscatched. Even josh Brolin marvels last big villain got into some stuff years ago.

Disney and Hollywood don't give af, they just care about the optics of selecting someone like that.

I will say its gonna be tough to make it out of this one unscathed. Its possible but its not looking likely.

That tweet making the rounds tho? A literal nobody, not even a small time wannabe actor. Literslly just a random. Not trusting that with any credibility.

If he's charged, he's fucked. Way too high profile for Disney to keep him on.

Top Bottom