• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors arrested on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment

Toons

Banned
If he's charged, he's fucked. Way too high profile for Disney to keep him

You're probably right. Even IF he is cleared later he will likely be phased out quietly.

They obviously can't do anything about loki as that's finished filming but the character is ridiculously easy to recast by his very nature.

From the sound of things it seems likely alcohol was probably involved in the situation from both sides.

Either way this is a nightmare for majors. This sorta thing follows you regardless and after having two movies in a row at #1 for 4 box office weeks straight.

Crazy.

I don’t think he’s that naive to know how things work when it comes to stuff like this unless he’s been living under a rock. There’s been to many cases where the women have cried wolf and the men have been innocent. We’ll just have to wait till investigation taken place.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
You're probably right. Even IF he is cleared later he will likely be phased out quietly.

They obviously can't do anything about loki as that's finished filming but the character is ridiculously easy to recast by his very nature.

From the sound of things it seems likely alcohol was probably involved in the situation from both sides.

Either way this is a nightmare for majors. This sorta thing follows you regardless and after having two movies in a row at #1 for 4 box office weeks straight.

Crazy.

Yep. In this day and age, you simply can't be seen to be abusing women, and expect to keep a high profile job in a major superhero franch -

The Flash Batman GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

...oh.

Maybe he'll be alright? Or is he too black and not trans enough to get the same treatment as Ezra?

Toons

Banned
Yep. In this day and age, you simply can't be seen to be abusing women, and expect to keep a high profile job in a major superhero franch -

The Flash Batman GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

...oh.

Maybe he'll be alright? Or is he too black and not trans enough to get the same treatment as Ezra?

Yea I know.

On one hand Ezra had already made the whole gd movie and they basically have to release it or it's gonna end up a billion dollar hole in their wallet.

On the other its not lost on me that he's basically got off Scott free, although he's likely not to appear in much anything else.

While majors is already in cuffs and regardless of the outcome this is going to follow him. You really can't have something like this on your record as a black leading man in Hollywood... you gotta be squesky clean. Even will Smith wasn't invulnerable. One little slap is all it takes.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Our sources say police were told the girlfriend saw another woman texting Majors, and she confronted him -- trying to sneak a peek at his phone. We're told the alleged victim/GF claims this got Majors mad, and that he allegedly grabbed her hand and allegedly slapped her.
I’m reading through Mike Tyson’s biography right now when it comes to his marriage to Robin and reading things like that - black bros need to get some white skinny ass tail, these are less batshit crazy.

Azurro

Banned
Yea I know.

On one hand Ezra had already made the whole gd movie and they basically have to release it or it's gonna end up a billion dollar hole in their wallet.

On the other its not lost on me that he's basically got off Scott free, although he's likely not to appear in much anything else.

While majors is already in cuffs and regardless of the outcome this is going to follow him. You really can't have something like this on your record as a black leading man in Hollywood... you gotta be squesky clean. Even will Smith wasn't invulnerable. One little slap is all it takes.

#BelieveAllWomenUnlessTheAttackerIsBlack

Azurro

Banned
He was immediately handcuffed and arrested... Miller hasn't been...

Why, pray tell?

So, I'm guessing being black is more of a victim than being a white woman and that's why you are defending him and you don't believe her, right? Him being potentially a women beater is just racism, right? Just trying to make sense of your mentality.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
So, I'm guessing being black is more of a victim than being a white woman and that's why you are defending him and you don't believe her, right? Him being potentially a women beater is just racism, right? Just trying to make sense of your mentality.

So I should believe he's guilty right off bat?

Listen, I like him as an actor and after the Johnny Depp crap, I've taken a beat and trying to wait for ALL the facts to come out. Right now it seems bad, but so did the Amber Heard stuff. And look how that turned out.

Innocent until proven guilty. You sound more and more like a racist every time race comes up. Assuming my intentions in the first couple of sentences...

But you go off, young'n.

Liamario

Banned
He was immediately handcuffed and arrested... Miller hasn't been...
The circumstances with miller were wildly different to be fair. Why are you taking the position that I'm somehow defending Ezra Miller. Racism is alive and well in the US and minorities are the primary victims of it. That said, the #metoo movement is also racist as it appears to focus on white people.

Azurro

Banned
So I should believe he's guilty right off bat?

Listen, I like him as an actor and after the Johnny Depp crap, I've taken a beat and trying to wait for ALL the facts to come out. Right now it seems bad, but so did the Amber Heard stuff. And look how that turned out.

No, no, it's just that you don't believe this woman when the left handbook tells you you should, so I'm trying to find out why that got immediately thrown to the side. You are basically empty headed and have no moral compass, so your decision tree tells you black people are higher in the victim totem pole and that's why you don't believe her anymore, right?

Innocent until proven guilty. You sound more and more like a racist every time race comes up. Assuming my intentions in the first couple of sentences...

But you go off, young'n.

"If you don't defend the black man that apparently is a woman beater you are racist". See? Empty headed, you don't have thoughts, you have victim totems: immediately threw out a victim group for your favorite one, while feeling eternally like a victim yourself.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The circumstances with miller were wildly different to be fair. Why are you taking the position that I'm somehow defending Ezra Miller. Racism is alive and well in the US and minorities are the primary victims of it. That said, the #metoo movement is also racist as it appears to focus on white people.

Didn't say you were defending Miller. Just that one is free and one actually was arrested.

If I recall correctly, most of the me too movement was directed at those in power abusing it .. there's few in Hollywood or corporate America who are non-white with power. That's why it's been mostly white men. You could call that racist but it would be for other things and not metoo

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
No, no, it's just that you don't believe this woman when the left handbook tells you you should, so I'm trying to find out why that got immediately thrown to the side. You are basically empty headed and have no moral compass, so your decision tree tells you black people are higher in the victim totem pole and that's why you don't believe her anymore, right?

"If you don't defend the black man that apparently is a woman beater you are racist". See? Empty headed, you don't have thoughts, you have victim totems: immediately threw out a victim group for your favorite one, while feeling eternally like a victim yourself.

Ah ... Ok. You still don't get me on here.

I defended Depp AFTER I found out how big a liar Heard was... And I threw all that crap out the window about believing ALL women. I'll be cautious and want verification but total belief? No. Not unless I know the woman personally and her character. For those I actually know, I will believe. And have.

Random person (men can and have been victims as well... Like Brendan Fraser)? No, not immediately. Not without some evidence.

This is and isn't a race thing with me... This particular case. Or what's about to become a case since it's ongoing investigation.

Give credence to with Caution while waiting for evidence. But innocent until proven guilty.

And you sounded more like a racist with this post ... Especially at the end. Projection, much?

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Ah ... Ok. You still don't get me on here.

I defended Depp AFTER I found out how big a liar Heard was... And I threw all that crap out the window about believing ALL women. I'll be cautious and want verification but total belief? No. Not unless I know the woman personally and her character. For those I actually know, I will believe. And have.

So your decision tree says to believe the white woman above the white man unless there is evidence that she lied. Consistent with your victim totem values.

This is and isn't a race thing with me... This particular case. Or what's about to become a case since it's ongoing investigation.

LOL, of course it is a race thing for you, you don't have morals, you just see colors and ethnicity and your if statement gets triggered. You even entered the thread accusing people who believed the woman of being racists, lol. I don't believe anyone unless I personally know them, so I don't care, but you are so vapid and empty that I find interesting to know what triggers your behaviors.

Liamario

Banned
Didn't say you were defending Miller. Just that one is free and one actually was arrested.

If I recall correctly, most of the me too movement was directed at those in power abusing it .. there's few in Hollywood or corporate America who are non-white with power. That's why it's been mostly white men. You could call that racist but it would be for other things and not metoo
You might be correct on that. I suppose I'm projecting the ideology of certain other forum, where white people are inherently bad.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
So your decision tree says to believe the white woman above the white man unless there is evidence that she lied. Consistent with your victim totem values.

LOL, of course it is a race thing for you, you don't have morals, you just see colors and ethnicity and your if statement gets triggered. You even entered the thread accusing people who believed the woman of being racists, lol. I don't believe anyone unless I personally know them, so I don't care, but you are so vapid and empty that I find interesting to know what triggers your behaviors.

Whatever. Have it your way, hoss.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Ah, you don't have an answer for when you have your lack of critical thinking exposed in your decision tree? You only have interactions based on race and identity built in?

No. You just made up your mind about me and my mentality and I don't argue with idiots. I broke down my thinking and you ignored it. So I'm done with reasoning with you. I was polite in my last post and here you are still trying to paint me a certain way. You're the only one doing that.

This is where I take my leave of this particular conversation.

Azurro

Banned
No. You just made up your mind about me and my mentality and I don't argue with idiots. I broke down my thinking and you ignored it. So I'm done with reasoning with you. I was polite in my last post and here you are still trying to paint me a certain way. You're the only one doing that.

This is where I take my leave of this particular conversation.

No one is painting you in a certain way, you are the one that paints yourself in a certain way because you always reply in a certain way. If I may remind you, you entered the thread all upset about people on Twitter calling him "thug", so you started the tone of the conversation. This is something you do every single time, coming with a certain ideology and
trying to promote it.

Which is ok, it's a relatively open forum, so I feel free to challenge your point of view, to which you reply by accusing others of being -ists and -phobes. This is why I make the observation that you do not think, you just have decision trees. If you are welcome to come to discuss your shallow and dumb point of view, I'm free to question it.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
If this allegation is true, then I hope his career is finished and he does some real jail time.

Shocked. Not.
They're choosing douchebags with issues to play villains now?

Maybe we'll finally get James Franco, Casey Affleck, Allec Baldwin, etc as villains? (perhaps amber heard as well)
Brad Pitt was accused of similar by his ex wife and made it out virtually unscatched. Even josh Brolin marvels last big villain got into some stuff years ago.
True. In that case though, Angelina had a reputation that undermined her from the get go rightfully or not (kissing brother, blood vials, wedding breaker), and while he got pinned down for it by her he was wise to not comment publicly on any of it (also, not getting a young girlfriend 5 minutes after the split), so despite the fact she commented a lot about it everywhere it didn't stick. It might be true, it might be somewhere in the middle, it's probably somewhere in the middle as it's clear their relationship was toxic, it's just that public opinion felt she was the root of the toxicness so gave the guy a free pass.

It might be unwarranted, but it's different when you don't know the victim looks and behaviours so you assume it's a jane doe kind of figure.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I will say its gonna be tough to make it out of this one unscathed. Its possible but its not looking likely.

That tweet making the rounds tho? A literal nobody, not even a small time wannabe actor. Literslly just a random. Not trusting that with any credibility.
Hang on, having a few ACTING CREDITS is what gives someone's story MORE CREDIBILITY in your view?

Might need to rethink that part.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Jonathan Majors & The Multiverse of Madness amirite
Kangman & The Biatch: Stranglemania

Anyway dude's a girl beater now by Media so the GF has a win.

StueyDuck

He should just pull an Ezra Miller and call himself a flim/flom and then retardera will defend him to death if this story ends up being true.

It's the get out of jail free card in 2023... he must call things racist too

Jokes aside this does suck to hear I do genuinely enjoy his performances, felt like a new Denzel Washington

jason10mm

Gold Member
He certainly COULD work his way through this.

A. how much testosterone is that guy injecting to get that big? HUGE underdiscussed issue with modern Hollywood and the TERRIBLE effects the body expectations of men are causing.

B. he could play the "I'm going to therapy to work on myself" card, which can be a legit thing, and the girlfriend takes her payday and disappears.

C. last I checked, even real confirmed physical assault doesn't carry a life sentence (in general). Shoukd this guys CAREER be FOREVER tied to a social judgement? Even if Disney moves on, I'm sure he can work his way back through film jail doing Wesley Snipes and Steven Seagal foreign funded actioners or something :p

MayauMiao

Unlike Johnny Depp, he was actually arrested.

Still better to wait for the trial.

What a wonderful year for Disney and its only March.

Toons

Banned
They fired and Hollywood blacklisted Gina Carano for less.

They gave Gina multiple chances though. If she had turned her phone of that day she'd be headlining a TV show for them right now.

Disney doesn't care what you do in your personal time, but if the fsnbase starts raising eyebrows or they lose marketability then you're out.

Same thing happened with James Gunn. They didn't bring him back on til they ascertained that the fanbase was willing to forgive him

Dazraell

That wasn’t Jhonatan Majors, that was one of his many variants!

If this escalates, it will be a huge blow to the MCU. You can say they’ll recast him, but it would be incredibly difficult for Marvel\Disney to handle this.
Not saying it will happen or anything like this, but Marvel already set a precedent in Loki stating that same actors doesn't need to play every variant of the same character, so potential recasting isn't that far-fetched

Last edited:
Top Bottom