• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors arrested on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment

Azurro

Banned
They gave Gina multiple chances though. If she had turned her phone of that day she'd be headlining a TV show for them right now.

Disney doesn't care what you do in your personal time, but if the fsnbase starts raising eyebrows or they lose marketability then you're out.

Same thing happened with James Gunn. They didn't bring him back on til they ascertained that the fanbase was willing to forgive him

Nah, Disney wanted her gone when they realised she wouldn't be pandering to their woke bs. The company has too many infected people in there which is why they are in the deep shit they are in now.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Holy shit and they bet the entire phase 5 on him.

Talk about bad luck.

John Boyega Actors GIF by PBS SoCal

DKehoe

Yup, during interviews everyone from Marvel sounded like they wanted to fuck Jonathan Majors, while I was like "who??"
You hadn't heard of him before then?

I didn't like Quantumania but his performance was the best thing about it. And I liked him in Creed 3 as well.

Azurro

Banned

I didn't like Quantumania but his performance was the best thing about it. And I liked him in Creed 3 as well.

Not at all. At first I thought they were talking about John Legend, apparently he's a decent actor but it was so weird how inorganic the promotion was. They really sounded like they wanted his c**k without the guy even being a real name yet.

DKehoe

Not at all. At first I thought they were talking about John Legend, apparently he's a decent actor but it was so weird how inorganic the promotion was. They really sounded like they wanted his c**k without the guy even being a real name yet.
Ah ok, he's been doing things for a few years now. But I guess in the franchise-centric world this (and Creed 3 since it came out not long after) was his big breakthrough performance. What do you mean by inorganic? Is it not just maybe that his performance was the highlight of an otherwise shitty movie so that's why it was maybe being brought up.

They gave Gina multiple chances though. If she had turned her phone of that day she'd be headlining a TV show for them right now.

Disney doesn't care what you do in your personal time, but if the fsnbase starts raising eyebrows or they lose marketability then you're out.

Same thing happened with James Gunn. They didn't bring him back on til they ascertained that the fanbase was willing to forgive him
Except she didn't actually do anything wrong except offend the woke. She just wasn't willing not compromise her beliefs for a paycheck.

Anyway it's over and done. Both parties have moved on.

Just saying if they fired Gina for a tweet and fired Gunn for tweets it will seem hypocritical to not fire him for committing a violent crime.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
. . .in a NY cab and driven by a not a robot: getting the actual details of this really isn't going to be difficult. Gotta feed that news cycle though.

Nah, Disney wanted her gone when they realised she wouldn't be pandering to their woke bs. The company has too many infected people in there which is why they are in the deep shit they are in now.

Yes. DISNEY executives at the top of the food chain were looking for excuses and not dollar signs when they bounced Carino.

Profit above everything. . . except when it comes to "wokeness." That, well that one of the biggest global conglomerate just can't abide.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Lol Disney is a right wing corporation in bed with many Republican politicians. Ike perlmutter is a republican donor and Trump supporter. Evangeline lily is a conservative and she just headlined one of their movies. Letitia right a Christian antivaxxer headlined black panther 2.

They gave tim Allen a TV show less than 6 months ago.

Complete nonsense if you think they give af about internet tribalism.

Carano got fired because she wouldn't shut her trap and got too big for her britches. Had she hopped off social media and took a breath shed be headlining a star wars show and her name would be in every household.

Exactly! They give to both parties ... Not one company gives to one side and one gives to the other side... They give to both! They don't care. Profit is the motive ... And they give to whoever will help their interests!

They employ plenty of conservatives, especially on their boards. Tim Allen is a staunch conservative and he's been given plenty of shows on ABC... So I have never understood how anyone can say "Disney is woke"... It's usually when they hire someone of color or include an LGBTQ relationship ... They're creator focused so if someone says something "woke", they don't care as long as it doesn't affect their bottom line or cause controversy.

Last edited:

Toons

Banned
I doubt we're ever gonna see that video.

Smoke will probably start settling on this but the man may be narrowly squeezing out of this with his career intact.

He should move very carefully from this point forward. A lot of small time actors who hit big dont realize how much of a target you can become over night and do or say something that wouldn't have hurt them the day before.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I doubt we're ever gonna see that video.

Smoke will probably start settling on this but the man may be narrowly squeezing out of this with his career intact.

He should move very carefully from this point forward. A lot of small time actors who hit big dont realize how much of a target you can become over night and do or say something that wouldn't have hurt them the day before.

Someone will leak it. Just like the Depp/Heard stuff that got leaked just before the trial. That audio recording.

GymWolf

He certainly COULD work his way through this.

A. how much testosterone is that guy injecting to get that big? HUGE underdiscussed issue with modern Hollywood and the TERRIBLE effects the body expectations of men are causing.

B. he could play the "I'm going to therapy to work on myself" card, which can be a legit thing, and the girlfriend takes her payday and disappears.

C. last I checked, even real confirmed physical assault doesn't carry a life sentence (in general). Shoukd this guys CAREER be FOREVER tied to a social judgement? Even if Disney moves on, I'm sure he can work his way back through film jail doing Wesley Snipes and Steven Seagal foreign funded actioners or something :p
He is as natty as it comes, look at his training regime video on yt :lollipop_grinning_sweat::lollipop_grinning_sweat:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Some sources saying he called the cops to check on her because she was going through something - and when they showed up at her place, she said she was assaulted.
This is a case for Forensic Files!

The victim's face has a cut on her left cheek, but the accused is left handed which would mean strikes would be on her right cheek. Luminol tests show no signs of blood on the accused's clothes or car!

Lol Disney is a right wing corporation in bed with many Republican politicians. Ike perlmutter is a republican donor and Trump supporter. Evangeline lily is a conservative and she just headlined one of their movies. Letitia right a Christian antivaxxer headlined black panther 2.

Complete nonsense if you think they give af about internet tribalism.

Carano got fired because she wouldn't shut her trap and got too big for her britches. Had she hopped off social media and took a breath shed be headlining a star wars show and her name would be in every household.
Lmao. This has got to be the most head buried in the sand post I have ever seen.

Yes, Disney is so far right that 88% of their donations in 2022 went to Dems, while only 11% went to Republicans, who were probably the more left leaning ones. In 2020, they actually gave more to minor parties than they did to Reps. They may have given Tim Allen a show, but it's a generic Xmas show, one they couldn't make without him if they wanted any type of viewership (see the flop that is Lightyear.) The one where he actually spoke about politics, they cancelled from their ABC network, despite good ratings.

And of course they are putting the woke message ahead of profits. That's why they keep putting it into their movies and shows, even though it's leading them to bleed money. Why they originally said they weren't getting involved with Florida politics, but did anyway when a vocal minority bitched about it in on Twitter. They thought they were going to take on a popular governor, but instead hurt their own brand. All in the name of the message.

Also love your solution for Carano is for a woman to just shut up, sit down, and know her place. Talk about toxic masculinity.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned

What a fuck? you think they are a ring-wing corporation because 0.1% of the actors they employed are conservative?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

The first time I heard of him was this thread. I watched every single Marvel movie up until the last two or three, my interest just dropped like a rock for no particular reason.

SpiceRacz

He certainly COULD work his way through this.

A. how much testosterone is that guy injecting to get that big? HUGE underdiscussed issue with modern Hollywood and the TERRIBLE effects the body expectations of men are causing.

I get the point you're trying to make, but abusers are abusers regardless of Test levels.

Pejo

I am not super interested in this case, nor am I following it closely, but I just get the feeling that they're either threatening the woman with something or paying her a large sum of money to retract her statements. If there's enough visual evidence for an arraignment, this doesn't seem like an unhinged lady just trying to get back at him for something.

Then again, there are crazy people like Jussie Smollett in the world, so who knows.

Top Bottom