• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jonathan Majors arrested on charges of strangulation, assault and harassment

The problem with the texts is they can be seen as a woman in an abusive relationship conditioned by gaslighting to blame herself. These types of cases are very hard to parse because of this. It's best for everyone to wait till everything comes out for anyone to make up their minds. As I said before, I hope the allegations are false. Mostly because it's better that there was no domestic violence. The video will be the biggest piece of evidence.

Yeah, need the video.

SaintALia

The problem with the texts is they can be seen as a woman in an abusive relationship conditioned by gaslighting to blame herself. These types of cases are very hard to parse because of this. It's best for everyone to wait till everything comes out for anyone to make up their minds. As I said before, I hope the allegations are false. Mostly because it's better that there was no domestic violence. The video will be the biggest piece of evidence.
Yeah, I don't think this is the 'clear the slate' type of defense his lawyer was hoping for.

"Mostly because it's better that there was no domestic violence."

Well she did get hurt, just a matter of how.

Moneal

Yeah, I don't think this is the 'clear the slate' type of defense his lawyer was hoping for.

"Mostly because it's better that there was no domestic violence."

Well she did get hurt, just a matter of how.
Yes, if it was him hitting her it would be terrible. If it was her losing her grip on the phone and falling it would be much different.

HoodWinked

i don't know that those texts really help him. it only makes it more clear they had a fight but framed in a way where she knows it was abusive but wants to hand wave it and blame herself cause she grabbed his phone. the final text which is 3 hrs later also doesn't seem like it was sent by her or possibly coerced.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Majors calling the cops first in prep means absolutely nothing (I think that was said pages back).

If any of you watch Forensic Files, the crook calls the cops trying to pass it off like something happened, but it wasnt him who did it all the time. Then the cops dig into and find out he is the guilty one.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Majors calling the cops first in prep means absolutely nothing (I think that was said pages back).

If any of you watch Forensic Files, the crook calls the cops trying to pass it off like something happened, but it wasnt him who did it all the time. Then the cops dig into and find out he is the guilty one.
Most recent example, Murdaugh called the cops on his own slayings of his wife and son.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
i don't know that those texts really help him. it only makes it more clear they had a fight but framed in a way where she knows it was abusive but wants to hand wave it and blame herself cause she grabbed his phone. the final text which is 3 hrs later also doesn't seem like it was sent by her or possibly coerced.

Yall getting dangerously close getting ridiculous in here.

mckmas8808

“I told them it was my fault for trying to grab your phone”

Charlie Day Ok GIF

Not sure this will help his case. And this "I love you" feels like a girl that is desperately in love no matter what happened.

lol so she grabs his phone, and he sends her ass to the hospital after that?

She just comes off as someone who is desperate, dependent and abused, but stays because he's the man in hollywood now.

Now imagine if everything she said in those text messages were 100% true and Majors still went to jail. Is this the world you guys want to live in? If this is the world you want to live in, then I'm ALL for 4k cameras being put on every light pole and mail and every city block in America.

Because Lawd yall terrible.

Moneal

Now imagine if everything she said in those text messages were 100% true and Majors still went to jail. Is this the world you guys want to live in? If this is the world you want to live in, then I'm ALL for 4k cameras being put on every light pole and mail and every city block in America.

What? I said that was the reason it is hard to parse out what the truth is by the info we currently have. I am neither saying he is innocent or guilty on the current evidence. Has she released a statement or spoke confirming the texts or corroborating them? His lawyer is the one that mentioned video. If it exists, as his lawyer claimed, it puts the whole thing to bed.

If she really said those things to the officers, I don't understand the prosecutor bringing charges. I understand the arrest. Most police depts have rules requiring arrests for domestic violence cases. But the prosecutor should not have brought the charges, because the case would be extremely weak and most likely to fail. The only witness/victim of the crime would completely blow up their case. If there were no video and she testified the way those texts say, this would be an open and shut not guilty.

I mean he can still go to jail based on those messages, it's not saying much.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Bbc Three Comedy GIF by BBC

Ok dude but I never said he should go to prison nor he is guilty. And I do think those text are true but honestly it doesn't help his case.

They both seems engaged in a toxic relationship, we need that video

Jim Carrey Movie GIF
(or not)

chromhound

fdb9fa3a99d344508e73f183c8263131_md.png

This looks very suspicious. Who says shit like this? It looks like Stockholm Syndrome or a setup, either way it gives the prosecutor more fuel, not less! John needs a better lawyer, asap!
Seems like a fight gone wrong and he asked her to pack her shit and leave

Her name is Grace Jabbari

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Honestly after I finally sat down and read them it just puts everything back into this weird Gray zone because those texts do not read normally at all.

Before the lawyer was saying that they had video that would exonerate him and if you have video that would exonerate him why would you not just release that instead of these bizarre text messages that almost do more harm than good?

Jinzo Prime

Before the lawyer was saying that they had video that would exonerate him and if you have video that would exonerate him why would you not just release that instead of these bizarre text messages that almost do more harm than good?
I'm starting to think the lawyer is scrambling to establish reasonable doubt to keep her client out of jail. I think the lawyer thought this was a simple case of profiling by the cops, or extortion by his girlfriend, but is quickly becoming about pure domestic violence.

bitbydeath

Honestly after I finally sat down and read them it just puts everything back into this weird Gray zone because those texts do not read normally at all.

I think he did it, and that message just shows what got him to that point. Her being crazy doesn’t excuse his behaviour but it would explain it.

Those messages makes him look guilty af and she sounds scared for her life. Besides it does proof she went to the hospital to treat injuries.

That video must be terrible if this is what they chose to show lol

Last edited:

mckmas8808

What? I said that was the reason it is hard to parse out what the truth is by the info we currently have. I am neither saying he is innocent or guilty on the current evidence. Has she released a statement or spoke confirming the texts or corroborating them? His lawyer is the one that mentioned video. If it exists, as his lawyer claimed, it puts the whole thing to bed.

If she really said those things to the officers, I don't understand the prosecutor bringing charges. I understand the arrest. Most police depts have rules requiring arrests for domestic violence cases. But the prosecutor should not have brought the charges, because the case would be extremely weak and most likely to fail. The only witness/victim of the crime would completely blow up their case. If there were no video and she testified the way those texts say, this would be an open and shut not guilty.

Who knows. But the prosecutor better hope that the lawyer is lying about all the other "evidence" that they have against these allegations. Because if he has.....

1. Video tape that shows different
2. Two witness accounts that say he didn't do anything
3. The "victim" disagreeing with the facts presented by the prosecutor

then oh boy........

"Don't worry Jon, I'm going to leak to TMZ all those texts that frame this as a classic domestic violence scenario. You'll be a free man in no time!"

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

My assumption is that the lawyer is slowly building a case for Majors both publicly and behind closed doors. He said she also told the cops the same thing that's in those text messages too. You need evidence that Majors beat her. It's not up to Majors to prove he didn't. Now if the video is real and it does prove him innocent, then that will make it an open-and-shut case.

I think sometimes people forget what the rule of law is in America.

Kilau

Gold Member
Without clear video evidence of the whole incident we likely won’t ever know what happened. Just the nature of these domestic fights.

If the victim isn’t pushing for punishment I expect him to get through this with little lasting impact.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Without clear video evidence of the whole incident we likely won’t ever know what happened. Just the nature of these domestic fights.

If the victim isn’t pushing for punishment I expect him to get through this with little lasting impact.
Very much this.

In a sane world this is basically between two people and not really a concern of anyone else. In a hyper-intrusive social media environment though there is a weird collective judgement that will form from this, at some point he will be "cleared" or "judged" without any specific individual or visible group making this determination, and all of social media will fall behind it. At that point the ball is rolling and only a Depp/Heard level reset will divert it.

Guys like Cas Anvar, aka Alex the pilot from The Expanse, Justin Roiland from R&M, or Emma Roberts (arrested for DV against her hubby Evan Peters but you never hear about that one because it was back in 2013) can thrive or die based on the social media whims regardless of the validity of accusations against them.

Very much this.

In a sane world this is basically between two people and not really a concern of anyone else. In a hyper-intrusive social media environment though there is a weird collective judgement that will form from this, at some point he will be "cleared" or "judged" without any specific individual or visible group making this determination, and all of social media will fall behind it. At that point the ball is rolling and only a Depp/Heard level reset will divert it.

Guys like Cas Anvar, aka Alex the pilot from The Expanse, Justin Roiland from R&M, or Emma Roberts (arrested for DV against her hubby Evan Peters but you never hear about that one because it was back in 2013) can thrive or die based on the social media whims regardless of the validity of accusations against them.
Social media really has been a curse... And the world was definitely a better place before the internet took hold.

Kacho

Gold Member
In a sane world this is basically between two people and not really a concern of anyone else.
No sane world condones domestic violence. The lawyer stated they have evidence that proves his innocence so the onus is on them to deliver. If the rest of their evidence is as damning as the text messages then this piece of shit woman beater can kiss his career goodbye.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
You should probably do a little research on domestic violence, its causes, and how it happens, before making comments like this.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/in-depth/domestic-violence/art-20048397

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/abuse/domestic-violence-and-abuse.htm
No sane world condones domestic violence. The lawyer stated they have evidence that proves his innocence so the onus is on them to deliver. If the rest of their evidence is as damning as the text messages then this piece of shit woman beater can kiss his career goodbye.
I never said I condone DV, but that it I'd a matter between the individuals involved.

If she presses charges, the court will settle it, he will be found innocent or guilty, and if he latter, he will serve his punishment and then be a free man.

If she DOESNT press charges, or takes an undisclosed settlement or whatever, then clearly she has been paid reparations acceptible to her and that's basically it.

I mean, do you guys boycott EVERY person accused of DV? No more Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, Christian Bale, Sean Bean, Sean Connery (hats with all the seans?), Johnny Depp, on and on and on.

Where is your line?

Kacho

Gold Member
I never said I condone DV, but that it I'd a matter between the individuals involved.

If she presses charges, the court will settle it, he will be found innocent or guilty, and if he latter, he will serve his punishment and then be a free man.

If she DOESNT press charges, or takes an undisclosed settlement or whatever, then clearly she has been paid reparations acceptible to her and that's basically it.

I mean, do you guys boycott EVERY person accused of DV? No more Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, Christian Bale, Sean Bean, Sean Connery (hats with all the seans?), Johnny Depp, on and on and on.

Where is your line?
Saying it’s a matter between the two individuals involved is just hand waving a serious issue. I know first hand the long term consequences of domestic violence. There is no grey area here.

People eager to defend this guy despite the obvious red flags seem to fall into two camps:

1. He’s black
2. He’s in their favorite super hero movies

This isn’t about canceling. Companies don’t want to associate with this stuff at all. He already lost his Army gravy train, what’s next? If there is even a whiff of this heinous shit large corporations are out. Look at Accenture and Tiger Woods years back. This is nothing new.

Again, if this cowardly piece of shit is beating a woman (all signs point to yes), then fuck him. Until they prove otherwise he looks like a little bitch. Cheating on his girl and physically assaulting her when she wants to see his phone? What a fucking pussy.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Where is your line?

Christian Bale? He’s never been accused of domestic violence. He was once nicked for an assault on his mother, but no charges were ever brought.

And why are you banging on about a boycott? Nobody’s mentioned anything about boycotts.

Domestic violence is not just a matter for those involved… given that the victim often does not report the crimes being done against them. It often requires the authorities to intervene to stop it. By saying ‘it’s between them’ you’re not understanding what DV is.

Last edited:

TDiddyLive

JFC dude, WTF is DV to you if assault on your mum doesn't count? See how casually you blow it off?
https://www.justice.gov/ovw/domestic-violence
Per the Department of Justice:
Domestic violence is a pattern of abusive behavior in any relationship that is used by one partner to gain or maintain power and control over another intimate partner.

I think including your mother means you have a special relationship with her the rest of us don’t have with ours.

Ownage

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/domestic-violence
Per the Department of Justice:
Domestic violence is a pattern of abusive behavior in any relationship that is used by one partner to gain or maintain power and control over another intimate partner.

I think including your mother means you have a special relationship with her the rest of us don’t have with ours.
Wondering if the mom is NPD. They're a real piece of work - vampires in the truest sense of the word. Best avoid at all costs. Way too painful to be around.

Again, if this cowardly piece of shit is beating a woman (all signs point to yes), then fuck him. Until they prove otherwise he looks like a little bitch. Cheating on his girl and physically assaulting her when she wants to see his phone? What a fucking pussy.
Fuck off... Alright... Women can be cunts too... Or maybe you haven't been paying attention to all the fathers who lost their homes and kids in the divorce.

I'd smash a woman's face in too if she took everything that I ever worked and cared for.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Fuck off... Alright... Women can be cunts too... Or maybe you haven't been paying attention to all the fathers who lost their homes and kids in the divorce.

I'd smash a woman's face in too if she took everything that I ever worked and cared for.

Dude... Just no.

I know they can. But I'm saying no to the bashing her face in. If she isn't trying to kill me, I'm not bashing her face in.
Well... She is trying to kill you... Have you not been paying attention to all the male suicide statistics after the men lose their home and kids in a divorce?

Women do kill men... Women kill them all the time.

All this claptrap about how women should never be touched, and how they're these poor defenceless beings who haven't done anything wrong, and who are completely innocent... Where they are trodden on by these big bad men... That's all just lies and propaganda that's spun up by the media. Proper brainwashing that is.

Women can be complete cunts. And if a dude should be knocked out for acting like a cunt, then a woman should too.

Other men don't steal your home and your kids... So why's it ok to beat them up?

All the "real big men" on here should answer that.

But if a woman steals your home and your kids, and also destroys your life, why's it ok for her to not be beaten up?

Why is it ok to hit a man who hasn't destroyed your life, but it's not ok to hit a woman who has destroyed your life and left you suicidal?

Also... wasn't it Zoe Quinn who caused Alec Holowka to commit suicide? Oh...

Too many simps and white knights around here... And I'm sure that they'll somehow figure out a way to answer that.

Last edited:
Well... She is trying to kill you... Have you not been paying attention to all the male suicide statistics after the men lose their home and kids in a divorce?

Women do kill men... Women kill them all the time.

All this claptrap about how women should never be touched, and how they're these poor defenceless beings who haven't done anything wrong, and who are completely innocent... Where they are trodden on by these big bad men... That's all just lies and propaganda that's spun up by the media. Proper brainwashing that is.

Women can be complete cunts. And if a dude should be knocked out for acting like a cunt, then a woman should too.

Other men don't steal your home and your kids... So why's it ok to beat them up?

All the "real big men" on here should answer that.

But if a woman steals your home and your kids, and also destroys your life, why's it ok for her to not be beaten up?

Why is it ok to hit a man who hasn't destroyed your life, but it's not ok to hit a woman who has destroyed your life and left you suicidal?

Too many simps and white knights around here... I'm sure that they'll somehow figure out a way to answer that.

Jim Carrey What GIF

There's a whole bunch of things in this post that nobody here is saying.

Top Bottom