• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Josef Fares possibly about to "blow your fucking mind" at VGAs with his new game

Bartski

Gold Member
VGC probing the brain of the maverick designer behind the 2021 VGA GOTY winner It Takes Two, about to appear at Keighley's show likely to fuck shit up once again

Looking back at It Takes Two:

“You know, it’s funny, most of the time I don’t play games I’ve been involved with,” he told us when asked if he had a specific section he looked back on fondly. “We’re so focussed on the next game… I can’t say it’s only one [Ievel], but I’m still looking back on it now thinking ‘this is a fucking good game’[Laughs]”. That confidence and self-belief is a trademark of Josef Fares’ uncensored frankness.
For an entirely co-op experience to sell 7 million copies as of July 2022 feels like a hugely impressive feat, but Fares thinks it may have something to do with just how unexplored the genre is in the gaming space.
“We don’t have many great co-op games. That’s one of the reasons people want to play it together, and obviously, we’ve been seeing considering how It Takes Two is selling: it’s a huge genre. You cannot play it alone and how don’t have any games like that. It’s literally A Way Out that started doing that. We’re still getting fan mail every day, it’s cool to see.

Looking forward:

It’s now been a year and a half since It Takes Two debuted, and Hazelight is hard at work on his next game. Fares is uncharacteristically coy on the new project, likely well aware that following a game that almost cracked 90 on Metacritic is a far steeper task.
“We’re making good progress, but there’s a lot more to do,” he said. “It’s definitely going in the right direction. And it’ll be something really fucking cool.” That much is almost guaranteed. Fares tells us that the game will be a “surprise in a good way,” and that he’ll be at The Game Awards 2022 to present Game of the Year to this year’s winner.
While this seems like a natural place to reveal the next game, he stops short of confirming he’ll show what’s next on Geoff Keighley’s stage. “Get ready for me man, I’m coming. Trust me… it will blow your fucking mind.”

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Silly question, but... How awkward could it be to play It Takes Two with another guy? :goog_relieved:

I really enjoyed playing A Way Out. Kinda jank game but very original.

Kurotri

What's someone supposed to do with his games if there's no player 2 for whatever reason? I have yet to play one of his games..

Fbh

It Takes Two was a massive step up after the rather underwhelming A Way Out. Looking forward to what they do next.

What's someone supposed to do with his games if there's no player 2 for whatever reason? I have yet to play one of his games..

Play any of the other thousands of games that don't requiere a coop partner and make up the vast majority of available games?

Kurotri

It Takes Two was a massive step up after the rather underwhelming A Way Out. Looking forward to what they do next.

Play any of the other thousands of games that don't requiere a coop partner and make up the vast majority of available games?
I specifically said his games because I wanted to try his games .out. I am aware there's more games on this planet other than Josef's games...

ReBurn

Gold Member
YfsOzgI.png

Rockman33

He’s made nothing but good to amazing games. Also focusing on styles of games that the industry seems to have forgotten.

If he wants to be super vocal and load and make great unique games I’m all for it!

For people that come in here to say they will never play it, I’m not even sure why you clicked on this thread…

Can't wait. It Takes Two was definitely my GOTY. Played it with my brother and we both loved it. If they can make an even better experience it will be insane.

GymWolf

Unless you're vehemently opposed to co-op, PM me if you wanna try It Takes Two. You're from .eu right? I already own a copy, so you don't need one.

Not this week though, I've a ton of work. Not next week either, because Ragnarök. But... sometime in the future.
Yeah, i'm not too hot on coop games nor games based on minigames, but thanks for the proposition anyway.

Tomi

I hate those omg big mega uber duper megatron mind blow omgggg posts

Show us, and we will decide is this super duper megatron omgggmgmgmgm stuff

Top Bottom