• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joseph Staten is leaving xbox.

I would do this:

1. Halo VR - launch a new high spec VR headset with an exclusive VR Halo game, Alyx world/object interaction, grapple, gear/suit upgrades, Metroid Prime-like action adventure, not just shooting, Master Chief is out on his own on alien planets.

2. Halo RPG - hire Neon Giants to make a twin-stick Halo action RPG like The Ascent. Futuristic, gritty, punchy action, visually awesome.

3. Third Person Halo - make The Coalition show off their UE5 skills in a new Gears-like third person shooter Halo, heavy cover action, lots of different biomes, visually amazing.

4. Give Halo to id. Doom Slayer and Master Chief almost look the same anyway.
Or put it out it's misery, the chief's suffered enough.

Last edited:

j.k.2021

Banned
Too bad, he seemed like a genuine guy from the little I’ve seen of him. Hopefully 343i is on a better path now though.
New leadership is doing a great job but it's sad to see him gone.If it weren't for him then Halo Infinite would have been in a worse shape at launch.

j.k.2021

Banned
Phil won't be leaving by choice. Those other guys that left have real talent and could easily find another job in gaming. Phil wouldn't get hired by anyone else in the gaming industry.
If you check his resume then he breath a new life into Xbox and saved it from a certain demise(Microsoft higherups wanted to get rid off it).So, He will easily get a job if he leaves Xbox but Microsoft won't let their MVP leave easily.B/W, What you people don't understand is that game development boss is Matt Booty and not Phil Spencer.🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Microsoft needs to get Xbox Studios in check if they want to be taken seriously. There is potential, but they need to hire real talent, fire Matt Booty, and have incentives to keep the talent they do hire.

Edmund

Phil won't be leaving by choice. Those other guys that left have real talent and could easily find another job in gaming. Phil wouldn't get hired by anyone else in the gaming industry.

Phil is just talk talk talk, Yakety-yak, I don't get how Xbox fans idolise him so much.

Top Bottom