• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joss Whedon Breaks Silence on Misconduct Allegations, Calls Ray Fisher ‘A Bad Actor in Both Senses’

TonyK

It's a shame that a shitty Zack Snyder movie, a director that has made only one good movie on all his career, Dawn of the Dead, destroyed the career of a better director. Justice League was doomed, and Whedon entered in a mortal trap accepting that project.

I always thought it was Eliza Dushku because he kept finding roles for her.
Damn, that is way too good of a get for Whedon. Hate to (allegedly) see it.
Just intrigued, what does "A>E" mean ?
He ends some earlier tweets with "Accountability>Entertainment"
NDWn1xw.png

Last edited:

Scotty W

Never cared about the allegations. So he fucked some of his actresses and offended some snowflakes? Boo hoo. Of all the things to worry about in this world, this doesn’t reach my level. Quit making superhero movies and go back to stuff like Cabin in the Woods.

GymWolf

I though his role\acting was shit in the regular movie but i still need to see the 4h one, not sure if i can convince my balls to endure even another 30 sec of movie flash tho.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I though his role\acting was shit in the regular movie but i still need to see the 4h one, not sure if i can convince my balls to endure even another 30 sec of movie flash tho.

Flash is much more competent than in the theatrical cut. He's still comedic though. No pet cemetery jokes.

And cyborg's story really is the heart of the movie. You understand why he's so angry and reluctant to help and why he changes his mind.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Honestly the whole cult of personality around Whedon has always smelled a bit funny to me. It always mystified me that noone actually called out that despite all his claims of being a male feminist, his shows were always really aggressively upfront in trading on the sex appeal of his female cast.

Its a hard thing to ignore especially when you know how tightly he gripped creative control on those shows, but apparently all you have to do is make the right public pronouncements about gender and politics and you're golden.

Bombolone

Gold Member
I mean Fisher was pretty damn good in the Snyder cut.
I was pleasantly surprised as well.
I haven't heard of or seen the guy in anything before.
I remember very clearly thinking "who is this guy? He has actual acting talent."
I was impressed with his range and could easily see him killing roles beyond 'stereotypical poc' stories.
Imagine if you had a pool of new actors (from all walks of life) who could act as well as the old greats. Why would that be a bad thing.
Give the guy more roles, more practice... he has talent.

GymWolf

Flash is much more competent than in the theatrical cut. He's still comedic though. No pet cemetery jokes.

And cyborg's story really is the heart of the movie. You understand why he's so angry and reluctant to help and why he changes his mind.
No matter how competent he can be, he is a whiny cringe bitch and the way he run makes me laugh uncontrollably.

I take your word for granted on cyborg in the snyder cut since i didn't saw the movie yet (and probably never will).

Pagusas

Elden Member
How insane do you have to be to give an interview like this?

Who the hell does he take his cues from, Prince Andrew?
Emotion can easily override logic, he may not be taking advice from anyone, just responding emotionally. We're all guilty of it, we've all done stupid things when we're emotional (breaksups, deaths, personal attacks, ect), and he's proven to be a very egotistical emotional person. Emotionally he thinks he's defending himself/fighting back. The rest of us look at this and are just like "Dude, just take your mountain of money and go retire in peace"

Doom85

It's a shame that a shitty Zack Snyder movie, a director that has made only one good movie on all his career, Dawn of the Dead, destroyed the career of a better director. Justice League was doomed, and Whedon entered in a mortal trap accepting that project.

…bruh, the only reason Snyder left the film initially was because his daughter took her own life. So yeah, shocker Warner Bros sought out another well known director to finish filming.

I’m not saying you have to like the guy’s movies, just check your tone next time. People’s lives and such are more important than movie quality.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The Ray Fischer stuff I can understand, the guy seems like there is a screw lose but insulting Gal Gadot's english just proves what a piece of shit Joss Whedon really is.

Besides, we have all seen the movie. We know how he sabotaged a perfectly good movie and made a mockery out of Batman and Wonder Woman. There is no mystery here. He's a cunt.

The Gal Gadot thing was about Flash falling on her cleavage. The wide shot was with her stunt double and the reaction is Gadot.

Gadot's version is that Whedon said he's getting that shot even if he has to tie her down to a railroad track and do it with her dead body.
Whedon's version is that he'd rather be tied down to a track and uh something about his dead body before he'd remove the scene and the international supermodel with a decade in Hollywood does not understand English well.

Whedon can make big bucks as a script doctor until he's 90. He could even do a Franco, say he's sorry and stop acting like a cunt on set. This article probably delayed his comeback by 5 years.

Tams

Gold Member
Dude is probably mad salty that the Snyder Cut is so much better of a movie in basically every way than the pile of shit he put out. Guy sounds like he wants to suck his own dick too, what a prick.
Whedon is a dirty, unkind, ungracious shit, but the Snyder Cut was a waste of four hours of my life. A pile of shit is still a pile of shit, no matter how big you make it or what adornments you put on it.

Hugare

Dont give a damn about all this drama, but the dude was always mediocre

Buffy was meh, Avengers was good due to the team's chemistry alone, Age of Ultron was bad ...

Justice League, well, we all know how that turned out

He wont be missed

TonyK

…bruh, the only reason Snyder left the film initially was because his daughter took her own life. So yeah, shocker Warner Bros sought out another well known director to finish filming.

I’m not saying you have to like the guy’s movies, just check your tone next time. People’s lives and such are more important than movie quality.
I didn't know his daughter died. But, that doesn't make his movies good. There is no relation between that fact and my comment.

While Whedon is breaking his silence, he's also breaking his reputation. If actors tell him to fuck off, he won't carry a single big name in hollywood.

Last edited:

MonkD

I didn't know his daughter died. But, that doesn't make his movies good. There is no relation between that fact and my comment.
"No relation"

Sounds like you are saying Snyder is somehow at fault for Whedon and the actors coming into conflict. If you wont blame any of them, you can go for Warner Bros since they went ahead with the movie and hired Whedon in the first place.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Hes not saying you had to like Snyder's movies. He's only saying his daughter taking her life is why he left JL... Instead of delaying it, they brought in Whedon who reshot a ton of it and added stuff that diminished Cyborg's importance to the plot and made Flash even goofier and non-essential to the team winning or the overall story.

Hes not saying you had to like Snyder's movies. He's only saying his daughter taking her life is why he left JL... Instead of delaying it, they brought in Whedon who reshot a ton of it

Wait. I thought he was kicked off the director's chair and moved to a producer role before his daughters death. And, then decided it wasn't worth fighting anymore once his daughter did pass away.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Wait. I thought he was kicked off the director's chair and moved to a producer role before his daughters death. And, then decided it wasn't worth fighting anymore once his daughter did pass away.

No. Well, partially correct. He was working on the post production when his daughter died. He thought diving into the work to keep himself busy would help but WB kept pressuring him to cut the movie down even further and refused to delay the movie so that the editing would make sense ... WB also mandated a 2 hour run time... Zack got so frustrated HE left. But WB was already looking for his replacement to finish it... Including reshoots for at least 75% of what was shown in the theatrical cut.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
They are both bad XD. Love seeing these people destroy themselves. As a black guy I hate Fischer the most, using the race card at every opportunity. Hope he never gets a career ever again.

Coming back to this because I finally read the whole article/interview.

Did you read it? Because I don't think you did with that post.

Top Bottom