• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JP Games announces ‘cutting-edge RPG for adults’ SHALLAH

Hajime Tabata-led studio JP Games, in collaboration with artificial intelligence development and sales company Quantum Solutions, has announced SHALLAH, a tentatively titled “cutting-edge RPG for adults” that depicts a fierce battle of magic and sorcery, and a love story between a human and a goddess set against the backdrop of an “epic world” that incorporates the tale of One Thousand and One Nights. It is planned for a worldwide release.
JP Games will handle overall planning and development of SHALLAH, and will develop the game using its proprietary middleware “Pegasus World Kit,” while Quantum Solutions will own the intellectual property and provide the support necessary to maximize JP Games’ strengths in content development based on their know-how in worldview design, technology, and game design.

Here is the first official artwork:

SHALLAH-Announce_02-01-24.jpg

“Quantum Solutions has recently offered to work with us on a joint game project, and we have started development of the RPG SHALLAH, which we have been planning for some time,” Tabata said in a press release. “I will be involved in both the development and business aspects of the project as a producer. The game will be officially announced when it is more fully developed, and it will be JP Games’ first full-fledged major title, so please stay tuned.”
Quantum Solutions president Mark Pink added, “AI and quantum computing is highly compatible with games and will be able to change character behavior in real time, providing a more challenging gameplay experience for players. As well, AI will be able to recognize player emotions and provide appropriate reactions to the game play for a more immersive experience. AI and quantum computing will be a huge leap forward in game development, and I am thrilled to be working with JP GAMES to co-develop SHALLAH.”

IAmRei

is the meaning of shallah is praying? i'm interested with the environment key art above. i hope it will be good.

Doom85

Interested GIF by reactionseditor

Can’t claim to have read it, but what little I’ve heard of One Thousand and One Nights sound like incorporating elements into your RPG story could be cool.

Paltheos

that depicts a fierce battle of magic and sorcery, and a love story between a human and a goddess set against the backdrop of an “epic world”
Reminds me of Lunar.

that incorporates the tale of One Thousand and One Nights. It is planned for a worldwide release.
That does not remind me of Lunar. Ok, cool. Looks neat.

mortal

Gold Member
The artwork and the prospects of pushing more sophisticated NPC AI pique my interest.
I'll keep an eye on this, assuming it goes anywhere.

Top Bottom