• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Judas, the new game from Ken Levine

Bragr

Banned
Judas, the new Ken Levine "lego narrative game" where he attempts to mix Bioshock and a new way of telling stories, has been announced. It's been in dev hell forever, now it's finally here.

I am extremely curious as to what exactly this new innovative way of telling stories is gonna be, but it's been almost 10 years since his last game, so I hope this is something special.

judas-bioshock-1024x576.png

Jinzo Prime

Judas, the new Ken Levine "lego narrative game" where he attempts to mix Bioshock and a new way of telling stories, has been announced. It's been in dev hell forever, now it's finally here.

I am extremely curious as to what exactly this new innovative way of telling stories is gonna be, but it's been almost 10 years since his last game, so I hope this is something special.

judas-bioshock-1024x576.png

Yep, looks like budget Bioshock!

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Not feeling this one. Like other have mentioned, a combination of the artstyle and probably the fact that Prey (2017) already beat them to this theme.
I don't see a lot of thematic common ground with Prey.

The trailer doesn't really communicate much about what this game is about other than that it is very much a continuation of his work on System Shock and Bioshock. Although that's a lot more than we knew yesterday. I am pleasantly surprised to see this is more in line with his last work than what I would have thought. And seems to be further along than the dev hell reports would have you think too.

I am interested based on the pedigree and the ambitious narrative structure we've heard about. Ken's stories are sometimes flawed -- Bioshock's ending is awful -- but his world building and thematic commentary are some of the best.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Not feeling this one. Like other have mentioned, a combination of the artstyle and probably the fact that Prey (2017) already beat them to this theme.
Prey (2017) is so generic that it shouldn't be the de facto of this theme

Last edited:

LRKD

I'm intrigued honestly, I get a bad feeling look at the trailer, but I'm hoping for the best and hope it is good

YuLY

Prey (2017) is so generic that it shouldn't be the de factor of this theme
It's an alternative history immersive sim game set in space. You dont get much closer than that. The generic part is your opinion, regardless of that, I really doubt it that gameplay wise this Judas game will touch Prey (especially counting Mooncrash DLC).

I stand by what I said, they got beat to the theme. Levine spend so much time and this is what he came out with? nah im good.
I'm waiting for the Cloud Chamber made Bioshock.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Another BioShock with trash FPS combat? I mean, I'm sorry, but I simply can't call BioShock games even good FPS games, they're passable at best, while everything else is way beyond what these games are gameplay-wise in terms of quality.

Last edited:

EDMIX

looks nice but after all the bullshit sold as gameplay for Infinite I don't really trust him till we see real uncut in-game material

Same.

Strong doubt.

Until I see it working and running doing all that was shown....doubt. Even with it looking like a PS3 game lol

#TeamNeverForget

Last edited:
Top Bottom