• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Judgment Remastered (PS5) 4K 60FPS Gameplay

Chukhopops

After a few days I’m not sure how I feel about it.The game looks fantastic compared to Yakuza : LAD and combat is a lot smoother compared to the Kiryu games but the pace is very slow and there are so many cutscenes it feels like playing MGS4.

The trailing and investigation mini games are ok but a bit simplistic and I’m not sure whether the gameplay loop will keep me interested in the long run. I guess it will depend on how good the story gets.

TonyK

Playing it just right now, played it before in PS4 Pro. Game is awesome if you like Yakuza formula, but I don't like so much the change in aesthetics for this remaster.

Image is tinted all time by a teal/orange color filter that makes green, yellows and other colors almost disappear. Game is smoother now but in some sort, uglier than the original version. Truly disappointed for this unnecessary and questionable color change. Lighting change is fine, I like both versions, problem for me is new tone mapping.

TonyK

The video says 4k. There is any version at 4k? In Ps5 is 1080, 2k at best.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Does quick resume work on Series X.
Some say it doesn't, others say it does on Series S. Weird...

Thirty7ven

Banned
One of the worst games I've played in recent memory, and I can't get over how bad and corny the main character's design is. What the hell is going on over there, where a 45 year old looking fucker dresses like a 18 year old K-Pop star.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Judgment-Remastered_02-01-21.jpg
One of the worst games I've played in recent memory, and I can't get over how bad and corny the main character's design is. What the hell is going on over there, where a 45 year old looking fucker dresses like a 18 year old K-Pop star.
Kimura Takuya is ten times more fashion victim in real life.
13336594575de6b2242c5827.10854005.jpg

And K-Pop is another level, really
pgm6ycdu3n.jpg

That's right the skinny jean was not necessary but at least we don't have the purple hair...

Chukhopops

Finally finished it and it wasn’t that great in the end. Really struggled with Yagami as a protagonist, the side activities were boring and the story, while good, was terribly slow even by Yakuza standards. But it looked great and combat was improved compared to mainline games.

saintjules

Didn't go after this remaster because of no cross-save. Something about one of the arcade games preventing that from happening?

abcdrstuv

Banned
On chapter 1, it's not bad so far.. has me curious about the Yakuza series. But mostly it's a great road map for what someone should do to revive Final Fight or Double Dragon - a 3D open-alley brawler w/ plots, quests, etc.

j0hnnix

I'll try this out , bring me back to the beat'em up style. Yakuza: lotd left a bad taste once I hit chapter twelve's forced grind. I actually was enjoying the story to. Ugh.

abcdrstuv

Banned
Haven’t played Yakuza but the traversal takes some getting used to - the sprinting, the map, and the narrow passageways.. combat is ok, it’s not Arkham but it’s better than Assassin’s Creed..

abcdrstuv

Banned
On chapter 4 and currently loving the hell out of the game - took awhile to catch the rhythm of the gameplay loop.. the plot isn’t great, or the cut scenes, but the “world building” w/ side quests is great - quirky, varied, surprising, realistic. Very different tone, but it’s on par w/ The Witcher 3 for that. Also like the trade off in having a smaller but more detailed city map

Top Bottom