• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JUMP-FESTA 2008 (12/22 - 12/23): Unofficial Thread

duckroll

MassiveAttack said:
Agreed, ducky. Tail Concerto was one of my favorite PS1 games ever and while it bombed in the US, it has a special place in many peoples' hearts. 2008 looks like quite a year for the CC2 boys and Fukuoka devs in general.

Tail Concerto and Silent Bomber were amazing titles for a new developer like CyberConnect. It's really unfortunate and sad that they have fallen into the dark Bandai chasm of Naruto and .hack milking. :( :( :(

Please CC2, if nothing else, at least put Tail Concerto on PSN so more people can buy and play it. :(

duckroll said:
Tail Concerto and Silent Bomber were amazing titles for a new developer like CyberConnect. It's really unfortunate and sad that they have fallen into the dark Bandai chasm of Naruto and .hack milking. :( :( :(
The .hack G.U. games were far from horrible, so I don't really mind.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
duckroll said:
Yeah it's definitely the next Budokai. It's by DIMPS too.

This makes me very very happy. :D

Not to shit on the Tenkaichi games, I thought it was interesting and the first one had me hooked but they had nothing on Budokai 3.

corpa

Checking the lineup...

The NEW FF or FF spin-off or Remake
The NEW Naruto(s)
The NEW Bleach
The NEW one piece, KH, Star Ocean, Tales Of...

Is that new? Noooooooooooo, the same sagas again, and again, and...

I know that Jumpfesta is for manga/anime lovers, but we need new sagas and games! Japan continues totally stalled.

The only one that im interested is Parasite Eve 3... and its another saga!!! :(

New ideas please!!!

Kinan

Finally there is a decent description of FF vs XIII trailer:

http://www.finalfantasyversusxiii.net/ said:
The Radio conversation in The Prince's car (cut from the CLOUD DVD trailer) speaks of an ending cold war.
The Prince sees the "Skirt Girl". [See characters page]
"Large" men in black suits (Rather Mafia-like) are sat around a long table in a "Silver Cathedral" discussing the cold war/current events. (?)
The "Staircase" fight scene from previous trailers is shown. When The Prince walks back inside (At the end of the CLOUD DVD Trailer) he is "ambushed" by the White Cloaked man. Nothing much is different here from before except a slight design change in his hair.
The city changes to daytime in which it seems more medieval (?)
The "Skirt Girl", who seems to be the heroine, is seen having a conversation with The Shotgun Guy while walking down the street.
After their brief conversation the two new characters appear. One of them is rather large (Kanae refers his size to "Mr. 33cm" from Final Fantasy XIII) and another who is dressed much like one of the Turks from Final Fantasy VII, but wearing glasses.
The Shotgun Guy laughs mockingly at them. (?)
The Prince's car is shown driving through the "wilderness"? Perhaps the baron desert area Nomura has spoken of.

*Thank you to penguin_luv for the translation*

Stopping the car, the youth and the fair-haired protagonist (Shotgun gun) get out of the car.
The protagonist sits at the right side of the driver's seat , but he gets off from the left side.
The youth firmly keeps the gun on his shoulder.
The tip of the road has submerged, the people can not advance. (The road has flooded?)
Two people watch the road ahead that submerges in water.

All the characters appear to be in the car, which is driven by the man with the glasses and the Turk-like appearance, with The Prince.
A continuation of the "White Robed Man" confrontation scene.
The long table discussion scene is also continued to show another man entering, causing everyone in the room to look over and stop talking (?)
The scene of The Prince fighting the soldiers is continued.
A building is destroyed (?) reminds Kanae of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
A scene between the Skirt Girl and The Prince is shown. Kanae is not sure if they behave like best friends or lovers.
Blue and Red symbols appear behind The Prince and the Skirt Girl respectively.
They look angry at each other, the Skirt Girl unsheathes a sword, the camera pans to her face to show her purple eyes and the Final Fantasy Versus XIII logo is shown, along with a Shakespeare quote shortly after.

Top Bottom