• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World Dominion - Official Trailer

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Jurassic World/Park is all about the dinosaurs, inserting a big star like Chris Pratt that was a good move but feels like it could have gone to anyone. Will try to rewatch all the old movies.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I did not find the trailer interesting at all ...until Alan Grant showed up.
Shame the CGI dinos are not as good looking as they could be.

Atrus

Gold Member
How did dinosaurs spread so quickly anyway?

Humans are excellent at hunting things down and killing them so we’d not only have killed or recaptured the dinosaurs released in Fallen Kingdom, we’d obliterate all of the rogue labs capable of producing dinosaurs if that was implied in the last film.

WoodyStare

More corporate nostalgia bullshit that people will eat up. Doesn’t help they have Trevorrow back in the directors chair and writing the screenplay again. The first Jurassic World was such a fucking joke. This will easily make over a billion, but I’ll pass.

Pagusas

Elden Member
God that looked bad. So damn bad. Why is this so hard for them to get right after the first one :( 1 good film and 5 duds.

And I'm so confused by Dallas bryce howard, every single time I see her she looks like a different person. She's like Christian Bale in ability to change her body at a whim.

And how in the hell were all the Dino's not killed instantly, Human's are the ultimate hunters in the animal kingdom, it makes 0 sense that they'd be able to survive if we wanted them dead. All I can imagine is some plot device banning the hunting/killing of them?

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Not interested in the slightest, they killed the IP with these horrible movies. Also the CGI dinos look worse than ever. The 1995 original looks better.

93, and lol, fuck no they don't.

Go watch the kitchen scene again, and come back to me. Anyone who thinks thay cg looks on par woyh what we saw in this trailer is blinded by their hate boners.

Anyways. This trailer got me incredibly excited after the disappointing Fallen Kingdom, and I can't wait.

And lol at all the hate in here. Of all the mass produced garbage shoved at us, thr sixth movie in an almost 30 year old franchise is where you draw the line?

Fucking lol.

Kimahri

Banned
God that looked bad. So damn bad. Why is this so hard for them to get right after the first one :( 1 good film and 5 duds.

And I'm so confused by Dallas bryce howard, every single time I see her she looks like a different person. She's like Christian Bale in ability to change her body at a whim.

And how in the hell were all the Dino's not killed instantly, Human's are the ultimate hunters in the animal kingdom, it makes 0 sense that they'd be able to survive if we wanted them dead. All I can imagine is some plot device banning the hunting/killing of them?
Who knows. Maybe the movie will tell us. Just a thought.

Howard is a woman, she's grown babies with her body, twice. No idea if you're familiar with the effects of that.

Pagusas

Elden Member
93, and lol, fuck no they don't.

Go watch the kitchen scene again, and come back to me. Anyone who thinks thay cg looks on par woyh what we saw in this trailer is blinded by their hate boners.

Anyways. This trailer got me incredibly excited after the disappointing Fallen Kingdom, and I can't wait.

And lol at all the hate in here. Of all the mass produced garbage shoved at us, thr sixth movie in an almost 30 year old franchise is where you draw the line?

Fucking lol.
Who's drawing a line? I equally hate them all (ok maybe not equally, Lost World at least had a little bit of familiar charm in its first half, but 3, world and fallen kingdom are bottom tier trash)

Who knows. Maybe the movie will tell us. Just a thought.

Howard is a woman, she's grown babies with her body, twice. No idea if you're familiar with the effects of that.

I'm not insulting her, I'm admiring her, just like I admire Bale. Its incredible what they've been able to do with their bodies for their craft. And it seems Howard intentionally gains and loses weight for roles, changing her full looks. I have mad respect for that ability as I know personally how hard it is to keep on task with fitness/dieting and needing to look a certain way for a project.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Who's drawing a line? I equally hate them all (ok maybe not equally, Lost World at least had a little bit of familiar charm in its first half, but 3, world and fallen kingdom are bottom tier trash)

I'm not insulting her, I'm admiring her, just like I admire Bale. Its incredible what they've been able to do with their bodies for their craft. And it seems Howard intentionally gains and loses weight for roles, changing her full looks. I have mad respect for that ability as I know personally how hard it is to keep on task with fitness/dieting and needing to look a certain way for a project.
Ah, my bad then. I haven't really thought much about it outside of now she looks pregnant, now she looks like she's working out again. It's kinda been in tandem with my own kids, so it all looked very natural to me.

Pagusas

Elden Member
The first Pratt movie was so terrible that I never bothered to watch the second. The invisible/cloaked 15 feet dinosaur with a escape plan was too silly for an IP that tried to be scientific in the first film.
If you thought that was bad, Fallen Kingdom is even worse!

dinosaur-roar.gif

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

sircaw

Banned
I am afraid to say it but i wish they would let that series go extinct.

That Trailer looked like absolute rubbish to me. "lollipop_disappointed:

Aggelos

And the scariest dino goes to dino at 1.31

images

Two Dinos from Dino Crisis 1 and 2, finally made it to Jurassic World. And they were mean MOFOs. Therizonosaurus in B3 of the Facility was pretty scary and mean MOFO.
No wonder he has to make an appearance in Jurassic World. It's a nasty piece of work.

-Therizonosaurus

- Giganotosaurus.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
that speech... the army would blow these animals up no problem. Hell, even the police would fuck them up or some texas gun nuts.

This is one major issue I have with this series currently.

The trailer gives the impression that Dinosaurs are running amok all over the planet. We have raptors in Malta and some snowy location that I'll assume is somewhere in North America. But in reality, the world governments would just use the military to take them down. Can a T-rex withstand a tank shell? No. It would get turned to red pulp.

They should have gone for the original JP4 idea and made the Dinosaurs into human/cyborg hybrids with guns.

concept-art-from-cancelled-jurassic-park-4-movie-6.jpg

levyjl1988

Banned
Not sure how the dinosaurs will survive especially when you have people with their second amendment rights. They see a dangerous dinosaur out on the loose, people will be packing like the NRA. I feel sorry for the dinosaurs.

Lanrutcon

The dinosaurs would be gone in a month. Limited time T-Rex trophies? ...yeah. Think of the money involved. Every redneck with an AR would.

Billbofet

This is that scene done 30 times in every JP movie where it's the tense standoff between dino and defenseless humans.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Blue or some other random dino comes in at the exact moment to save the day.

Trailer was okay I guess. Can't be any worse than that last movie where they put dinosaurs on ebay.

Romulus

Not sure how the dinosaurs will survive especially when you have people with their second amendment rights. They see a dangerous dinosaur out on the loose, people will be packing like the NRA. I feel sorry for the dinosaurs.

Target practice. Size doesn't matter you have regular hunting rifles that could take them down. Sure some people would die, but the hunting parties in the US would be fucking ridiculously powerful and a slaughter. No military needed.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This is that scene done 30 times in every JP movie where it's the tense standoff between dino and defenseless humans.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that Blue or some other random dino comes in at the exact moment to save the day.

Trailer was okay I guess. Can't be any worse than that last movie where they put dinosaurs on ebay.
Both Jurassic World movies are shit so I don't care for this one, I'm just happy to see some feathers.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I'm happy all these actors got pay checks to imagine Dinosaurs are chasing them.
Exactly. You know, I can't remember if it was during production of the 1st or 3rd JP movie; but I recall a story about one of the robotic dinosaurs malfunctioning and nearly injuring some of the actors. Ain't gonna happen like that with these cheap CG dinosaurs. Every Jurassic world movie seems to come off as a "for the fans" type movie. If they want to do something for the fans...run the original JP in theaters once a year.

Target practice. Size doesn't matter you have regular hunting rifles that could take them down. Sure some people would die, but the hunting parties in the US would be fucking ridiculously powerful and a slaughter. No military needed.
That's the movie I want, a small hunting party. Shit gone wrong.

Last edited:

Diddy X

Looks interesting enough for me to see it, not expecting it to be a masterpiece but better than the second atleast.

Also it looks like the dinos could win this time? Would be a good ending for this shitty trilogy.

Last edited:
I enjoy the movies for what they are. Even though the novels and movie really changed my young life for the better, I don't hold this IP nor any other sacred. Nothing can ever capture the originality of the first so have at it. Might get a good sequence here and there.

Billbofet

I watch the original with my kids probably every year and it always amazes me how re-watchable it is. The pace, humor, action, music...it's just magic.
We even rented a theater back during the first wave of the pandemic when you could rent a theater for next to nothing, and JP was the movie we watched.

Top Bottom