• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World Dominion - Official Trailer

Kimahri

Banned
The single dumbest movie I’ve seen in many years. Only entertaining in a dumbfounded ‘how can they have thought this was good?’ kinda way. Still, it’s a good way to test whether someone’s secretly given you a lobotomy. If you thought this film was good... you’ve had one.
Watch Out Reaction GIF

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just finished it 5 minutes ago. Wow. Sam Neill and Laura Dern, so wooden. Have they even acted since Jurassic Park came out in 1993? Pacing all over the show. Action scene followed by boring dialogue, repeat. I’m sorry too but the thing with Blue, it makes me cringe out of my head. No offence to Pratt but realistically that thing would maul his fucking face without a second thought. Why were all the mercenaries in the beginning, who you know, hunt dinosaurs in the fucking woodlands, squeaky clean? Like there wasn’t a spot of dust or dirt on their face at any point in the film.

Solid yikes out of 10. The opening premise is fantastic and had so much potential. But yeah, script writers/producer(s)/cast really couldn’t do anything worthwhile here.

Aggelos

THE YEAR’S DINO-SIZED MOVIE JUST GOT BIGGER WITH AN ALL-NEW EXTENDED EDITION, FEATURING 14 EXTRA MINUTES OF THE FILM, AN ALTERNATE OPENING, MORE ACTION, AND MORE DINOSAURS

OWN THE EXTENDED EDITION ON DIGITAL, 4K ULTRA HD, AND BLU-RAYTM AUGUST 16, 2022 FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Universal City, California, August 9, 2022 – Bring home JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION boasting 14 minutes of never-before-seen footage, an alternate opening, more dinosaurs, and more action on Digital, 4K Ultra HD, and Blu-ray™ on August 16th, 2022 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Having generated over $950 million in global ticket sales, the summer’s colossal adventure from Amblin Entertainment and Universal Pictures topped the box-office charts in 72 markets around the world release weekend and broke franchise records in 16, earning an “A-” CinemaScore. In addition to the Extended cut, this exclusive special edition includes captivating behind-the-scenes content chronicling the making of the movie from beginning to end, the original short film Battle at Big Rock, and much more, for the perfect movie night at home.

Two worlds collide as the epic saga that began with Jurassic Park comes to a grand conclusion in JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION. Directed by Colin Trevorrow and executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two Jurassic Park films, JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION takes place four years after Isla Nublar’s destruction when dinosaurs roam the Earth again. Facing the cataclysmic consequences of a planet once again dominated by prehistoric predators, two generations of Jurassic heroes unite as doctors Ellie Sattler (Laura Dern), Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum) and Alan Grant (Sam Neill) return to join Owen Grady (Chris Pratt) and Claire Dearing (Bryce Dallas Howard) for an incredible adventure that will determine the destiny of humans and dinosaurs once and for all.

With the purchase of JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION EXTENDED EDITION on digital or disc, fans are eligible to earn points towards digital movies via the Universal All-Access Rewards program. Members can redeem their points for digital movies, swag and more!

BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL*:

• EXTENDED VERSION – An extended cut of the film with 14 minutes of additional footage featuring more dinosaurs, action, iconic character moments and an alternate opening
  • BATTLE AT BIG ROCK** – Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the short film takes place one year after the events of JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM in Big Rock National Park.
  • A NEW BREED OF VFX – VFX supervisor David Vickery and the magicians at ILM discuss the incredible visual effects work featured in JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION.
  • DINOSAURS AMONG US: INSIDE JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION
  • TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME - Cast and filmmakers discuss the evolution of the franchise and the special union of characters from JURASSIC PARK and JURASSIC WORLD.
  • UNDERGROUND DINO MARKET - Join filmmakers for a tour of the amazing dino market set and discover how they brought it to life.
  • MAYHEM IN MALTA - A behind-the-scenes look at the Atrociraptor rooftop chase and Owen’s harrowing motorcycle ride through the narrow streets and alleyways of Malta.
  • SCARY REAL
  • SPIT TAKE: THE RETURN OF THE DILOPHOSAURUS - Live-action dinosaurs supervisor John Nolan and his team reveal how they created the impressive Dilophosaurus animatronic.
  • INSIDE THE DIMETRODON - Learn how the filmmaking team operated the terrifying Dimetrodon animatronic and hear from Laura Dern and Sam Neill on what it was like working with it.
  • CREATING A PLAGUE - Laura Dern and Bryce Dallas Howard discuss the enormous locusts featured in JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION and the creature effects team reveals how they were created and deployed.
  • PASSING THE BATA..N- Discover the craftsmanship behind the realistic-looking Beta animatronic and hear from Chris Pratt and Isabella Sermon on why they enjoyed working with it.
  • GIGA-BITE - Go behind the scenes with the cast of JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION as they are introduced to the biggest star of the film, the Giganotosaurus, for the very first time.
  • FINAL NIGHT - Witness the emotional final night of filming with the cast and crew of JURASSIC WORLD DOMINION.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION 4K UHD:

Street Date: August 16, 2022

Selection Number: 1000815028 (US) / 1000815063 (CDN)

Layers: BD 100

Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 2.00:1

Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of action, some violence and language

Languages/Subtitles: English, French Canadian and Latin American Spanish

Sound: English (DTS: X for Feature and Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), French Canadian (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1), Latin American Spanish (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1)

Run Time: 2 hours 26 minutes (Theatrical) 2 hours 40 minutes (Extended)

TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAY:

Street Date: August 16, 2022

Selection Number: 1000815029 (US) / 1000815064 (CDN)

Layers: BD 50

Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9 2.00:1

Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of action, some violence and language

Languages/Subtitles: English, French Canadian and Latin American Spanish

Sound: English (DTS: X for Feature and Dolby Digital 2.0 for Bonus Content), French Canadian (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1), Latin American Spanish (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio 7.1)

Run Time: 2 hours 26 minutes (Theatrical) 2 hours 40 minutes (Extended)

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Wife has liked every Jurassic park movie made, except this one.

So many weird choices. Overly used greenscreen or just not used well? Everything looked so out of place and fake.

Didn't even finish it and I have no interest in trying to.

Jorav

I watch JP and LW at least once a year to get my dino fix. This is by far the worst in series. I get there is so much you can do with dinosaurs but this was trash. I got fast and the furious vibes where the movies got progressively more crazy and dumb.

Kimahri

Banned

Nice amount of extra features there by the looks of it. Hopefully it's more than the 5 minute clips with next to no actual content that's become common.

Sybrix

I watch JP and LW at least once a year to get my dino fix. This is by far the worst in series. I get there is so much you can do with dinosaurs but this was trash. I got fast and the furious vibes where the movies got progressively more crazy and dumb.

OMG, is it that bad?

I’m also like you, I watch JP1 and Lost World once a year, they are classic movies and so awesome.

Jurassic World I did enjoy

Fallen Kingdom was idiotic and the reason why I didn’t see this new one at the cinema.

I want to see it purely to see Grant/Satler/Malcolm but I’m just worried about all the things you said, the trailers for Dominion made the film look so god damn stupid and appealing to the lowest common denominator.

To sum up, do you need to have some sort of mental impairment to enjoy this film?

Kimahri

Banned
OMG, is it that bad?

I’m also like you, I watch JP1 and Lost World once a year, they are classic movies and so awesome.

Jurassic World I did enjoy

Fallen Kingdom was idiotic and the reason why I didn’t see this new one at the cinema.

I want to see it purely to see Grant/Satler/Malcolm but I’m just worried about all the things you said, the trailers for Dominion made the film look so god damn stupid and appealing to the lowest common denominator.

To sum up, do you need to have some sort of mental impairment to enjoy this film?
No, you don't. The hate is pretty hyperbolic. It's more entertaining than all Disney Star Wars movies and most Marvel movies imo.

Is it good? Naaaah, it's entertaining. Gorgeous. Lots of cool scenes. The biggest problem is that it's pretty disjointed. It's just a lot of action strung together with ot enough rhyme and reason. They should have cut half the dino encounters and just expanded then to build more suspense and impacy.

But itwas clearlymore important to have dinos on screen every other minute.

Also, heroes don't die in these movies, so you never feel there are any stakes to all the action.

Dumb fun.

Aggelos

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Getting a bit fed up of Universal PR pretending the world outside the US doesn't exist.

It was the same when it released on vod. Not a word on international. Still no word. Nobody has any clue when this movie is out on vod or blu ray.

Internationally that is. Becaude apparenrly only the UD exist.

Vick

Getting a bit fed up of Universal PR pretending the world outside the US doesn't exist.

It was the same when it released on vod. Not a word on international. Still no word. Nobody has any clue when this movie is out on vod or blu ray.

Internationally that is. Becaude apparenrly only the UD exist.
Home-Video versions (a lot of them) are out the 25th here in Italy.

Pilgrimzero

Just watched it. The best of the 3 despite its pacing and story issues.

2 is by far the worst of the JW films.

Ranking is like 3....1..............................................2.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That fucking stand-down pose though. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's so bad.

The stop signal made sense in the first JW film with the raptors. Owen raised them from birth and taught them to understand that signal, but even then it wasn't guaranteed to work.

In the latest film Owen and other characters are just pulling it out on almost every carnivorous dinosaur they encounter!

Kimahri

Banned
Rewatched it the other day. I still find it entertaining. Got a bit too much going on though, and they race through everything like they're running out of time.

I wish they spent some more time just to let scenes linger. Build some awe and wonder. Just let usabsorb som story and take in the dinosaurs for a couple of seconds before it's on to the next action sequence.

MastaKiiLA

This is by far the worst in the franchise. Hopefully it's the last one they make, because it's gotten beyond ridiculous now. I also stopped caring about any of the human characters after the JW. There are no stakes. There's no tension. The stupid hand out thing also makes no sense, as they're using it with all dinosaurs, eventhough Owen only really got it to work with raptors he'd trained daily for years. I kept wishing one of the dinos would just rip his arm off, and the film would end with him in a bloody heap on the ground. Ugh...how did they make me hate dinosaurs?

Kimahri

Banned
This is by far the worst in the franchise. Hopefully it's the last one they make, because it's gotten beyond ridiculous now. I also stopped caring about any of the human characters after the JW. There are no stakes. There's no tension. The stupid hand out thing also makes no sense, as they're using it with all dinosaurs, eventhough Owen only really got it to work with raptors he'd trained daily for years. I kept wishing one of the dinos would just rip his arm off, and the film would end with him in a bloody heap on the ground. Ugh...how did they make me hate dinosaurs?
That thing comes from Chris Pratt having conversations with animal behaviour experts prior to filming JW.

Basically it just forces tje animal to look you straight in the eye. So it's a real method apparently.

The silliness of it comes from them now using ir in every situation with eveey character.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Movie was dumb a shit. Didn't even really have good Dino stuff, like why is there a blind ostrich with Freddy hands mixed in?

And we know, FOR A FACT, that humans can hunt damn near ANYTHING to extinction if there is a black market for it, yet these dinos keep on proliferating? Hell, that allosaurus attacking the trail or park would have been shotgunned to death in seconds and everyone would act like they won't the lottery! And Blue kills an innocent hunter and his young son and we are supposed to side with more of these immaculate conception killers being out there?

Fucking waste of time other than the lovely Dechen Lachman and that pilot chick. Clone more of them.

Top Bottom