• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World Dominion - Official Trailer

Aggelos

"We can proudly report from trusted sources that the final runtime for Jurassic World Dominion will be 146 minutes and 57 seconds, or 2:26:57 and yes, that includes credits. I do expect most theatre chains or listings to round this up to 147 minutes though so don’t get mad at me when it doesn’t say 146 minutes.
For comparison, Jurassic Park was 127 minutes, or 2 hours and 7 minutes. The Lost World: Jurassic Park was 129 minutes, or 2 hours and 9 minutes. Jurassic Park III was 92 minutes, or 1 hour and 32 minutes. Jurassic World was both 124 minutes, or 2 hours and 4 minutes. The latest Jurassic film, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was 129 minutes, or 2 hours and 9 minutes."

U5nEITf.jpg
JfbRNqe.jpg
xMOQvY6.jpg
hjFAn8w.jpg
ra2d8VO.jpg

Kimahri

Banned
When the paleontologists said dinosaurs are birds, they didn't mean skeksis.

Christ, what were they thinking with that pyroraptor design?

Kimahri

Banned
Oh god the annoying screaming black dude is still in the cast?
Him and that "paleoveterinarian" chick who had never actually seen a real life dinosaur were the worst things to happen to this series.

My god what horrible, useless characters that added nothing but took away so much.

Aggelos

Oh god the annoying screaming black dude is still in the cast?
Nope, the annoying screaming black dude probably has a minor role. That's Mamoudou Athie silhouetted there.

"First up, we have the Legacy Heroes – aka Jeff Goldblum’s Ian Malcolm, Sam Neill’s Alan Grant, and Laura Dern’s Ellie Sattler, joined by the Dilophosaurus, a baby Nasutoceratops, and the Pyroraptor. Secondly, we have the New Breed – aka Mamoudou Athie as Ramsay Cole, Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing, Chris Pratt as Owen Grady, and DeWanda Wise as Kayla Watts, flanked by returning Velociraptor Blue, and her adorable offspring Beta."

Legcay-1500.jpg

new-breed-1500.jpg

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

The design for the Giga is cool, but I'm really concerned about these "Joker" comments.

The dinosaurs in this franchise should just be animals and forces of nature. I don't want the Giga to start telling Alan Grant that "we live in a society" or making pencils "disappear".

Aggelos

The design for the Giga is cool, but I'm really concerned about these "Joker" comments.

The dinosaurs in this franchise should just be animals and forces of nature. I don't want the Giga to start telling Alan Grant that "we live in a society" or making pencils "disappear".

Sounds like you didn't like the idea of infusing some filmic/cinematic personality into the antagonistic creature of the film.
But this isn't something new, mind you. The previous 3 directors did it for various Dinos of the franchise. Spielberg did that with his Velociraptors, Trevorrow did that with his Indominus Rex, J.A. Bayona did that with his Indoraptor, and now it's time for Giga to take some cinematic personality traits (of a villain).

"The film uses more animatronic dinosaurs than the previous Jurassic World films. Approximately 18 animatronics of varying sizes were created for the film, by designer John Nolan. As with all the previous films, Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) also worked on CGI versions of the animals. Paleontologist Steve Brusatte is a science consultant on the film. It is the first installment in the series to feature feathered dinosaurs, excluding a five-minute Dominion prologue released prior to the film. The film's dinosaur antagonist is a Giganotosaurus, which Trevorrow saved for the trilogy's final installment to set up a rivalry with the T. rex. He said, "I wanted something that felt like the Joker. It just wants to watch the world burn". An animatronic Giganotosaurus was created, and Nolan said it was "probably the biggest challenge" for his team. The dinosaur was expected to take six months to build, but his team only had about four months to finish it."

CoqaPzY.jpg
vKIN5PY.jpg

4nr8fBi.jpg

giga-tw.jpg

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Herbivorous dino in the snow?!

At least some has feathers now. Finally...

Last edited:

SegaShack

This is a movie from a guy that went on record saying he wanted a dinosaur movie that "felt like Joker".

Abandon all hope.
And a guy that made Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom, one of the most boring movies I've ever seen.

Jurassic Park is a film that never needed sequels or to be a series and I wish it was left alone.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
In for Alan.

Jurassic World was alright, Fallen Kingdom was terrible. Let's see if this one can redeem the trilogy.

Otherwise we'll all just go back to pretending this never became a franchise and only the amazing original JP happened.

Last edited:
I just can't get over the fact that these dinos are running around seemingly rampaging about without anyone just shooting them on sight. One 50cal machine gun would wipe the floor with even the biggest dinos.

ManaByte

Gold Member
And an NBA playoffs TV spot

Aside from a couple quick shots in the main trailer, seems like a lot of the marketing is avoiding where the last act of the movie is set.

Isle Sorna with Dodgson's secret lab where Wu is working.

Aggelos

Aside from a couple quick shots in the main trailer, seems like a lot of the marketing is avoiding where the last act of the movie is set.

Isle Sorna with Dodgson's secret lab where Wu is working.

Some guy who claims he attended a test screening of the film back in Fall 2021, says different things about Isla Sorna (he was on reddit answering questions).
Anyway, when the film comes out, we'll find out what the last act of the movie is.

some extra scenes with DeWanda Wise.

Last edited:

Sybrix

I mean Fallen Kingdom was awful, really really bad awful and probably the stupidest film ever, way worse than JP3 and tbh, this film doesn’t look any better.

However it has Sam Neil and the rest of the OGs…. I’ll still see it at the cinema.

But really not holding out hope for this.

Aggelos

"Conclusion"?

So is this the end for Jurassic Park?

I wanted them to make better movies, not axe the project altogether :/

"Jurassic World Dominion concludes the second film trilogy as well as the storyline that began in the original trilogy, although future films in the franchise have not been ruled out. Producer Frank Marshall said in May 2020 that Jurassic World Dominion would mark "the start of a new era", in which humans have to adjust to dinosaurs being on the mainland. In January 2022, Marshall reiterated that there could be more films, saying, "We're going to sit down, and we're going to see what the future is". DeWanda Wise could reprise her role for future films."

dr_octagon

Banned
This is a movie from a guy that went on record saying he wanted a dinosaur movie that "felt like Joker".

Abandon all hope.
I would pay to see a Joker inspired dinosaur film.

Dino: You're awful Dr Grant
Grant: What about all those people you ate?
Dino: They couldn't run to save their lives
Grant: Do you even care?
Dino: What do you get when you cross a failing franchise, nostalgia driven attempt, poor writing and a lack of direction?
Grant: We've seen enough
Dino shoots lasers at Dr Grant

Kimahri

Banned
My mony is on those locusts being a giant reason for why they're talking about extinction.

Dinosaurs won't do it, but invasive giant bugs multiplying like crazy definitely could be an ecological disaster making it easier to sell how dinos roam free.

We'll see when it hits. Curious to ser where they're heading.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
My son is 6 he loves Jurassic Park. We have seen 1-4 and we are in the middle of part 5.

So I cant wait to take him to the theater to see this. He hasnt been to a lot of movies due to COVID.

Aggelos

Next stop I'd guess -> CinemaCon 2022, April 27 4:15 PM "Universal Pictures and Focus Features Invite You to a Special Presentation Featuring Footage from their Upcoming Slate".

Last edited:

Ristifer

Yeah, that looks pretty bad. Maybe it'll still be good? But ehhhhhh.

Hopefully humans do go extinct in the Jurassic movie universe, because if I have to see Pratt holding his hand up to tame a raptor one more time, I'll throw up repeatedly.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Holy shit that new trailer is TERRIBLE.

Absolute trash.

Watched the trailer again and it looks worse on a second viewing.

Owen and the new chick are about to fight a raptor with a knife and a stun gun on a frozen lake, but then the raptor jumps through the ice and then swims under water..........dumb as fuck. Did a 10 year old write the script?

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
With this new JP trilogy, they've been doing such a good job of making me feel smarter than the writers--it's very rewarding. I'll take that sense of superiority any day of the week cuz I'm a dumbass!

Vick

I still can't fucking believe Sam Neill is 75 years old..

I mean it's just crazy, he looks at the very least a decade younger.

This latest trailer looked better than the previous imo, the whole final section felt like a huge tribute to Dino Crisis and Dino Crisis 2.

Aggelos

Korea gets the preferential treatment by getting the film first in the world.

Korean TV Spot Chase in the City (courtesy of Universal Pictures Korea)

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
I don't know what you guys are one about, but that trailer alone was more exciting to me than the past decade of super heroes combined.

I'm a sucker for dinosaurs even with how ugly the pyroraptor's head is, and I'm all in. I'm not expecting anything more than a ride filled with amazing action. And I'll say one thing, even though he's at times a piss poor writer, Colin Trevorrow is a fucking master at direction action spectacles. Some of the scenes in Jurassic World and also the Battle at Big Rock short had me at the edge of my seat. He knows how to make shit fun to watch, and I think that's where Fallen Kingdom fell through. The story wasn't better or worse than Jurassic World, but the action just wasn't exciting, and I fault the director for that.

I'll be there in the theatre on the 10th being 10 years old again. Can't wait!!

Top Bottom