• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World Evolution 2 | Pre-Order Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jurassic World Evolution 2, Coming 9th November 2021 and available to pre-order now on Steam, Epic Games Store, PlayStation Store and Xbox Store.

Following the roaring success of Jurassic World Evolution, the stunning sequel offers players an original Campaign mode, expanded construction options, over 75 dinosaurs and pre-historic species including flying and marine reptiles, more customisation choices, and the all-new Chaos Theory mode in which they can play through ’what if’ scenarios from the Jurassic World Franchise.

Södy

Me after seeing the release date: "Nah, same day as Forza, just after Battlefield and Halo is next".

Me after seeing the Mosasaur, expandable Aviary and the freaking JURASSIC PARK SAN DIEGO sign: "Take my money!"

That fly-through at 1:20, with all that pop in and entire buildings disappearing, should have been left out of the trailer. The rest looks pretty decent.

Nevermind, I'm blind.

Last edited:

Södy

That fly-through at 1:20, with all that pop in and entire buildings disappearing, should have been left out of the trailer. The rest looks pretty decent.
They wanted to show that you can customize your buildings. They get a totally different skin.

I liked the first one, but it got boring very fast. Would love a combination of this game and Zoo Tycoon 2.

Last edited:

Inviusx

Aside from all the obvious upgrades, getting a PS5 version of this game that will actually look and run well compared to Evo 1 is the main thing pulling me in. My hype knows no limits at this point.

They wanted to show that you can customize your buildings. They get a totally different skin.
Ah, looking at it frame by frame, you're right. Strange way to show that off, my eyes perceived it as models disappearing to prevent the camera from clipping through.

Warablo

The first one was decent. Got into a kick of playing that and Planet Zoo for awhile. The aquatic dinos are obviously the big thing.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Game Informer crew checks out Jurassic World Evolution 2 in this episode of New Gameplay Today. Watch them unlock the new Lagoon feature and unleash the water-based Mosasaurus, which is prominent in the latest Jurassic Park movies.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jurassic World Evolution 2 - Species Field Guide | Mosasaurus

Welcome to the Species Field Guide, a series focused on bringing you up to date information on a range of the prehistoric animals and dinosaurs in Jurassic World Evolution 2. This week is focused on the first marine reptile we are showing, the Mosasaurus, the apex predator of the prehistoric deep.

Get ready to see Mosasaurus and many other prehistoric animals in Jurassic World Evolution 2, A World Evolved. Coming on November 9th 2021.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Welcome to the Species Field Guide, a series focused on bringing you up to date information on a range of the prehistoric animals and dinosaurs in Jurassic World Evolution 2. This week is focused on the infamous Tyrant Lizard, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Get ready to see T.rex and many other prehistoric animals in Jurassic World Evolution 2, A World Evolved. Coming to PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on November 9th 2021.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join Game Director Rich Newbold, Executive Producer Adam Woods, Principle Designer Dan Davies, and Dialogue Manager James Stant, as they dive deeper into the process of creating Jurassic World Evolution 2's original story and how the story remains authentic to the Jurassic World franchise.

The team also gives a look at two of the game modes with Campaign as well as Chaos Theory. The Chaos Theory mode revisits key moments from the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World films.

Jurassic World Evolution 2 launches on November 9, 2021 on PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jurassic World Evolution was one of the biggest surprises of 2018. It came out in a year full of monumental releases, and it was a licensed game to boot, so no one really expected an awful lot out of it. But Frontier Developments ended up delivering one of the most fun and addictive game of that year that catered to a wide range of players- fans of Jurassic Park, fans of management simulators, and, you know, just fans of dinosaurs in general.

And I think its upcoming sequel, Jurassic World Evolution 2, has a pretty good chance of surprising people as well. Yes, it's coming out in November, a month that's crowded with some of the hottest releases of the year, and hell, it launches on the exact same day as a little game known as Forza Horizon 5- but everything that Frontier has shown of it so far makes Jurassic World Evolution 2 sound like the perfect sequel, and I can't help but be excited about it.

Last edited:

Nico_D

I have been waiting for them to release Planet Zoo console port. Guess that isn't happening anytime soon. just not that interested in dinosaurs, tbh.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jurassic World Evolution was easily one of the biggest surprises of 2018. You normally wouldn't expect a licensed game to be anything more than middling, but Frontier Developments took the beloved license and made an excellent dino park management simulator out of it.

Its upcoming sequel, Jurassic World Evolution 2, is looking even more promising, seeing as its building on the solid foundations laid down by its predecessor with exciting improvements and refinements. Ahead of its looming launch, here, we're going to talk about a few key talking points from the game that you should know about.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join members of the development team for an in-depth look at building your own Jurassic World in different environments in the game, utilizing the new management features and tools. The video shows off the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World era building sets, new vehicle features, and more.

Jurassic World Evolution 2 launches on November 9 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

hbei4td3jjw71.png

Inviusx

That's great news. Definetly hyped, especially for the marine reptiles.

I think having marine reptiles is something they were forced to do because the community practically demanded it after JWE1 but something about their implementation feels kinda boring.

They just swim around in a big concrete hole. You can't even decorate the enclosure. I'm left cold on Marine reptiles.

I think if you could design a more natural looking enclosure, like putting them in a river or an made natural lake it would be a lot cooler.

That being said, everything else is worth getting hyped about.

Sybrix

How was the first one?

I heard it was quite restrictive which is one of the reasons why i didnt get it.

Any news on this one being more free and sandboxy?

skit_data

How was the first one?

I heard it was quite restrictive which is one of the reasons why i didnt get it.

The first one was really good IMO but Dinosaur AI was pretty limited and using the terrain tools was a nightmare (they often led to the terrain becoming completely unusable after making adjustments). Sometimes the ”quests” you got ran contrary to each other or were simply malpaced in the context of your park.

It looks like they tried to heavily improve the Dinosaur AI in this one and I imagine the terrain tools must’ve been fixed because it was one of the most obvious things that people were complaining about. They also seem to introduce a more complex system of feeding the dinosaurs instead of just placing a feeder inside the paddock. I’d say wait for reviews and see if they corrected some of the downfalls from the first game. If they do it should be an easy 8-9/10 park sim.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
There's one thing this sequel needs drastic improvements in and that's park customization and visitor interactivity, and everything I've seen so far seems basically on par with the first game. Which is a HUGE bummer.

I really enjoyed the first game but by god is it a poor park management sim. Absolute bare bones in terms of customization, adding random decorations throughout the park, watching your visitors actually do something. They literally phase in and out of buildings.

I swear to god, Rollercoaster Tycoon had order of magnitude more options in that regard than a 2018 park sim.

K2D

Banned
Only way to win is not to play. Doesn't mean China can't invest in digital opium and push to the west.

Vae_Victis

Banned
Is that an official screenshot, typos and all? :messenger_neutral:
Otherwise that list looks good.
The names of the dinosaurs were added by a fan, who recognized them from the silhouettes. You can see the in-game names are all just questions marks, because the dinosaurs were not unlocked yet by the person playing.

How was the first one?

It had good things and bad things. I think the short of it is that it was a good and functional game in and of itself, but it didn't go much deep into anything. You could do a lot of things, but it was also very easy to reach a "point of stability" and simply develop from there.

Dinosaurs management was very linear across the board, and the game didn't make enough any distinction between the type/size of dinosaurs and the amount of security needed to contain them. They felt too much like parameters and not enough like living and thinking creatures. Each dinosaur had a "stress" meter which would fill if they didn't like the environment they were put in (because too small, not the right types of terrain, too many other dinosaurs, not enough food etc.), and past a certain point they would "flip" and try to break out. But different enclosures simply had more "HP" and different dinosaurs simply dealt more or less damage to them with each hit. In practice, a compsognathus could eventually headbutt a 10-feet concrete wall open if they really dedicated to it, and conversely tyrannosauruses would not even attempt to cross a tiny barbed-wire fence (which they could easily tear down in 1 or 2 hits) with dozens of tasty visitors just on the other side, as long as they didn't feel particularly displeased with their enclosure. Effectively, how "risky" a dinosaur was to keep only affected how much damage they could wreak if they went berserk, but didn't have enough of an effect on how tame they were to begin with.

I didn't mind the tourist side of the game, albeit a bit more variety and options in the range and function of facilities, and more importance given to the quality of view of the dinosaurs you offered (it was basically just a 0-1 system, either "they can see the dinosaurs" or "they can't") wouldn't hurt. But from my understanding they have been working on this aspect at least to some extent.

I hope they keep all systems from game 1's DLCs (especially the different herbivore types of food) and start back from that for game 2, because even if they weren't game-changing or anything they helped give a bit more flavor and depth to the management aspects.

At any rate, I'd probably wait for some updates and/or DLCs to come out and then bulk-buy, because usually with these types of games mechanics refinements and flavorful stuff are not really there at launch.

There's one thing this sequel needs drastic improvements in and that's park customization and visitor interactivity, and everything I've seen so far seems basically on par with the first game. Which is a HUGE bummer.

I really enjoyed the first game but by god is it a poor park management sim. Absolute bare bones in terms of customization, adding random decorations throughout the park, watching your visitors actually do something. They literally phase in and out of buildings.

I swear to god, Rollercoaster Tycoon had order of magnitude more options in that regard than a 2018 park sim.
This.

I've always been so pissed off that RCT1 has had better financial management than any other "citybuilder" in existence.

They put a lot of focus in JWE on "busy tasks" and that's hard to look past. I expected better park customization and design in this game too, and I'm surprised they didn't, or perhaps it wasn't possible.

Codes 208

I just want a sandbox mode at the start, it was bullshit that i had to play through the campaign to unlock it (gave up on the second island because my multi-management skills are ass)

Top Bottom