• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just bought my first Warhammer 40k Boarding Patrol set, finna paint some Battle Sisters

Drizzlehell

Banned
71-52-1__68614.1679923377.png
big_TR-71-52-99120108095-Boarding-Patrol-Adepta-Sororitas.jpg

So I've made a trip to a tabletop games shop today to see what they could recommend. It's been on my mind for a few months now but I didn't know where to start at first, so I just spent some time researching and watching YouTube tutorials. Ultimately I wanted to get the Command Edition starter set since it has the rule book, lore book, and terrain board included, plus two full armies with some example battle scenarios - basically everything you need to actually play the game. Sadly, however, they didn't have it at the store. Therefore, I went with a more basic army set. They had a bunch of different factions but Adepta Sororitas is my favorite one so I went with that. First I'm just gonna give this whole painting thing a shot and we'll see how it goes from there.

The guys at the shop were good sports too. Super enthusiastic about the hobby and eager to just casually chat about it, you could tell they were doing this stuff for years. We shot some shit for a while (naturally we had a laugh about Space Wolves being furries and Tau being OP space commies), and they even offered to invite me for some games to introduce me to the actual tabletop gaming side of the hobby. I'll take them up on their offer eventually but for now I just wanna see how my first army painting is gonna go.

Pretty psyched for this!

I got a bunch of sisters lately (christmas box, combat patrol and a few individual boxes). Ive assembled some last weekend and are ready to prime and start painting, just have no motivation since it's really busy at work lately and I'm dead tired in the evening.

Did you start assembling them today? Let me know of the progress, could maybe motivate me in finally priming them with the airbrush.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I got a bunch of sisters lately (christmas box, combat patrol and a few individual boxes). Ive assembled some last weekend and are ready to prime and start painting, just have no motivation since it's really busy at work lately and I'm dead tired in the evening.

Did you start assembling them today? Let me know of the progress, could maybe motivate me in finally priming them with the airbrush.
Nah, not yet. Too busy playing Jedi Survivor for now, lol. But I have this whole week off now so I have plenty of time, gonna check back in once I've painted my first figure.

Doczu

Good choice. If i ever gonna go Warhammer i'd have a tough choice to make: Space Nerds or Bolter Bitches. Love them both equally.

Regarding painting. Just watch a tutorial and stay away from pro pics and vids. Some may feel bummed after their first mini's don't end up like their.
And join the wargaming/painting community. Need some posters.

Top Bottom