• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kameo Still Looks Lush!

watkinzez

The elves and their helpers are pretty damn ugly, but am I alone in liking the designs of the warriors?
76783_rubble.jpg

I love the way this guy animates.

EDIT- I think I posted the exact same thing six months ago. :lol

milesthegreat

Neo Member
I remember being absolutely floored when viewing this game launch time on my HD CRT 34" TV. I think I flew around in circles for an hour or so. My wife and I were like, "Damn, I expected it to look good but not this good..." Then I put in PGR3 and was even more blown away... in particular the lighting in the garages..

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
watkinzez said:
The elves and their helpers are pretty damn ugly, but am I alone in liking the designs of the warriors?
76783_rubble.jpg

I love the way this guy animates.

I like the animation, but there's something about the voices and the face design that irks me. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Yama

GAF does sell niche titles well. Usually I'm one of the few pushing titles such as Kameo to others, but for the first time I'm LTTP. Guess I'll jump on the other side of the fence and give it a go.

Speevy

Banned
Onix said:
That's a bit hyperbolic don't you think? Its quite inconsistent, and at times bad ... but horrible? Not to mention, that at its best, its quite beautiful (even if it happens rarely lulz)

Well, now that I've had 6 months to think about it, there ARE times when Kameo's art isn't all that bad.

a Master Ninja said:
I seem to recall this guy looking awesome in motion, with magma sloshing around and such.
egw9hz.jpg

I loved that character, but I wish he wouldn't moan and groan when you launch into roll mode. I felt so sorry for him!
cry.gif

I hope we get a Kameo 2, Kameo isn't the greatest game but there is a lot of potential, especially if Rare can lose the constrained feel of the missions and make it a lot more open to the player. There's always 2009 I guess.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
sionyboy said:
I loved that character, but I wish he wouldn't moan and groan when you launch into roll mode. I felt so sorry for him!
cry.gif

I hope we get a Kameo 2, Kameo isn't the greatest game but there is a lot of potential, especially if Rare can lose the constrained feel of the missions and make it a lot more open to the player. There's always 2009 I guess.

I need a Blast Corps game before they put out any more sequels.

Kameo's not bad. The graphics are impressive in a technical sense, though the art direction kinda ruins it. It plays ok.

I was watching the GC beta video, and I got the impression that Kameo was going to be a Zelda-clone with summons.

Weisheit said:
It really does look that good though.

it does and those gardens are pretty much empty. The games biggest disappointment was definitely the length. Anyone can finish the game in 5 to 8 hours, and the boss fights are good but the mini boss fights to acquire the powers are the lamest thing in any game ever.

Cartman86

Banned
I remember picking up Kameo, Condemned and King Kong at launch (or near it) of 360. And I ended up enjoying all three more than PDZ and PGR3.

a.wd

b e a uutiful game....the inside of the ice palace...awesome. Crappy controls though... Probably 1 of the top 5 in terms of graphics this gen.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
plagiarize said:
not a launch game?
What are you talking about? Motorstorm was a launch title.

pswii60

Seiken said:
What are you talking about? Motorstorm was a launch title.
Gears of War was a launch title too. In India. Or something.
Mr. Pointy said:
Kameo's not bad. The graphics are impressive in a technical sense, though the art direction kinda ruins it. It plays ok.

I was watching the GC beta video, and I got the impression that Kameo was going to be a Zelda-clone with summons.
Part of the reason why Kameo got such a bashing at first is because for some reason the word 'Zelda' kept floating around. Probably to do with the horses. Of course, the game was/is nothing like Zelda and I think this disappointed many.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
pswii60 said:
Gears of War was a launch title too. In India. Or something.
India is in Europe confirmed!

Top Bottom