• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kao the Kangaroo (2022) - Official Announcement Trailer

BlackTron

I think I played this one time on DC and never came back, concluding it as a highly derivative "mascot platformer" without any of its own special sauce. Possibly from a DC mag demo disk.

Had no idea there were ever any more games made, this is the fifth?!!

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I think I played this one time on DC and never came back, concluding it as a highly derivative "mascot platformer" without any of its own special sauce. Possibly from a DC mag demo disk.

Had no idea there were ever any more games made, this is the fifth?!!
the second one is fairly decent. might be worth a look. its similar to Rayman 2.

CBY7w77.png

F it. The fans wont notice. Bring bootleg Crash home.

Dodo123

OMG, this was one of my first games on PC, alongside with Heroes of Might and Magic 3 :D
My brain randomly decided to think about this Kangaroo yesterday and now I just saw the trailer... Coincidence? I don't think so... Kinda creepy xd

yurinka

Nobody asked for it, but at least doesn't look bad. Or at least as bad as the original one.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
It's pretty impressive that even your stylized game manages to look like every other stylized game that runs on the same engine (which is Unreal).

Meh.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Damn, I had this on my PC, when I was in basic school here in Czech republic it was in Level magazine as a full game.

Kadve

My surprise is that this is by the original devs. You would have thought they where one of the many flash-in-the pan mascot platformer creators of the 90s, but nope, they are still around.

The entire original trilogy is apparently on GOG now too, might pick it up just to see what it is about. Though the third game (which originally never got an English release, mind you) seems to only have a polish language option which is kind of a bummer.

https://www.gog.com/en/game/kao_the_kangaroo_trilogy

Also, lol at the Steam description. "Inspired by the golden age of 3D Platformers"? You are from the golden age of 3d platformers! or are you doing a Crash and willfully forgetting your own history?

Last edited:

rofif

Canā€™t Git Gud
cult classic mascot?
There was nothing more lame than kao kangoroo when I was a kid

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Lace-up those gloves, stretch that neck, itā€™s time for a new adventure!

A love letter to the golden age of 3D platformers. Kao The Kangaroo crashes back onto the scene with a whole new adventure!

With the mysterious disappearance of his father fresh in his mind, Kao, a plucky young kangaroo, sets out to uncover the truth. A long-buried pair of magic boxing gloves promise Kao immense power, but are they an aide or a curse? Purple crystals are appearing across the land, corrupting everything around them. Are they all connected? Do they play a part in the disappearance of Kaoā€™s father? Are the gloves connected to it? Thereā€™s only one way to find out!

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Ā£4.77 for an Argentine Xbox key on Gamivo. All you need to do is redeem on a browser with a VPN activated. Simple as.

Now that they own Crash Bandicoot, they turn him into a damn Kangaroo.

Damn you MS.

wrestlemania xiv wrestling GIF by WWE
I miss this man. According to every person in the wrestling industry I ever heard talk about William Moody he was one of the kindest and most uplifting person you will ever meet in your life.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Has anyone played this on Switch recently? It was broken at launch and I canā€™t find anything to suggest the patches worked.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Thereā€™s a new DLC announced (5 new levels), complete edition of the game launching and theyā€™re teasing a sequel being announced also.

https://gonintendo.com/contents/189...on-and-bend-the-roo-les-dlc-announced-content

Tate Multimedia is over the moon to announce new DLC for Kao the Kangaroo. On May 4th, the biggest yet DLC will be released, titled ā€œBend the Rooā€™lesā€. This new DLC includes a whole new campaign with a new enemy boss: Crab King! As well as 5 new levels with different challenges including time challenge, rising lava, dimming light, and even a 2D level!! ā€œBend the Rooā€™lesā€ will be available on every platform for 7,99 USD/EUR.

Also on May 4th will launch on all platforms the Kao the Kangaroo: Anniversary Edition! This special edition will contain the base game, the previously released Oh! Well DLC and the fresh Bend the Rooā€™les DLC!

It seems that thereā€™s even more on the way for Kao the Kangaroo, as another announcement is coming on May 4th, 2023. Weā€™re not sure what will be revealed, but weā€™ll certainly be here to cover it!

medium-5287c06af6178800c29f8a7eecae3128.jpg

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Rules are meant to be bent, but rooles are meant to be played. Turning Kao the Kangaroo upside down, Bend The Rooā€™les is a whole new way to experience the neck-stretching, snoot-booping furry icon. Itā€™s the only way you can bend all the rules without doing something illegal! Youā€™ve never seen Kao like this before!

5 New Levels

5 New Ways To Play

1 Grumpy Crab

Itā€™s time to hop to it and Bend The Roolā€™es! On May 4th!

Banjo64

cumsessed
New anniversary edition with all DLC is currently Ā£19 on the Nintendo eShop reduced from Ā£30 - not checked but Iā€™m sure itā€™s the same on most platforms

Top Bottom