• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kaz: To all our users (about the GT7 servers being down)

McCheese

Virtual cars should be outside of peoples price range to reflect the real life rarity of them? The idiot needs to be reminded he’s making a videogame and not NFTs

Last edited by a moderator:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I wonder if part of the car pricing was somehow contractual with the manufacturers. Like they insisted that their IRL prices in some meaningful way be reflected in the game to project quality (as consumers often conflate this with cost). Sony wasn't going to complain since this also turned out to be a huge money gen for them too.

Just one thought, not saying its probable or even what I believe.
Nah. These companies see GT as an Advertisement, wouldn’t surprise me if these companies pay Sony to get the spotlight, like Brembo in this game. GT is that big.
BMW for example gifted their new GT4 in AC or iRacing if I remember correctly. And made advertisements coupled with the new BMW Fanatec wheel.

They don’t care about how much the car costs in game it needs to be front and center and driven by as much people as possible.

Last edited:

Aenima

Wait till this gets a PC release lol.

Fuck cheats, people are gonna be modding big anime tiddies on cars.

Kaz won't like that.
You dont need the game on pc for that cuz thers a livery editor and thers tons of anime big tiddies on cars already. You can even create them on pc and export them to the game using the GT website.

kingfey

Banned
"Sony in trouble"

Bro what are you doing roleplaying as a no one asked for wannabe low tier market analyst fear mongering reaction hungry whatever

Jim's not your friend. Things said are performative. Businesses is business. I bet you take politicians words for truth, holy shit. They only care for us as much as they're allowed to. Get with it.

Kisses
They could be sued for deception.

The mtx option didn't exist during the review period. The game was made online mode, which restricts the users gameplay on certain times (maintenance).

They have a case. But that will depend on how strong their case is though.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
why are you even in these threads, you don't even play the game. It's not your job to see a twitter post and copy paste it in here.
Short answer,
Starship Troopers GIF

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
They could be sued for deception.

The mtx option didn't exist during the review period. The game was made online mode, which restricts the users gameplay on certain times (maintenance).

They have a case. But that will depend on how strong their case is though.

Maybe play the game and enjoy yourself instead of trying to get off on this blown out non issue drama.. If it's not GT7 it's something else next week. Vultures know where the weak points lie

Whatever nothing personal just getting tired of this drama carry one much love

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Maybe play the game and enjoy yourself instead of trying to get off on this blown out non issue drama.. If it's not GT7 it's something else next week. Vultures know where the weak points lie

Why don't you go play the game instead of shitting on people discussing something they find interesting.

Oh wait, is it down again?

:Troll:

But seriously.. MTX/game economies are an industry wide topic, so people finding interest in how Sony is changing their ways can do so w/o buying GT7 specifically. I don't have GT7 (yet) but my console of choice is Playstation. And I plan to buy GT7. So Sony related MTX convos are of interest to me.

I'm not even really fussed over these changes myself, just laughing at the absurdity of Kaz's sleazy BS lol

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned

These dramas are normal here.
There is another post with 21 page, about the initiative right now.

Its just that this game, has 2 things people here hate the most. Always online, and the mtx. These attracts alot of people here.

I would say, don't let it bother you. It will get fixed, and people here will forget about it in 1-2 month from now on. Just like how halo infinite gameplay in 2020 become a memory.

NinjaBoiX

You know how games like Fortnite exploit their loyal fanbase with MTX for pointless aesthetic trinkets that don’t affect the base game whatsoever, and allow the actual game to exist without gameplay balance interruptions whatsoever?

That’s a sound business model, which I fully endorse.

So when folk have willingly ponied up a substantial sum of money to buy the game upfront, as is, how about you treat them with some common courtesy and let them enjoy it without hovering a hand over their wallet the whole time?

You got your money, that you decided the game was worth. Don’t then go on to impinge on your loyal customers goodwill, it won’t end well.

Consumers are savvy these days, believe…

Last edited:

Elios83

Lol this is the usual bunch of drama over nothing that has now become common for everything and make discussing things online just toxic.

First the server outage now solved and some people acting like their life depended on playing the game 24/7 (first world problems indeed while the world is going through a lot).
And now the mtx stuff.
This game is a live service, it is not a PS2 offline GT.
It is meant to be played for years while they add more seasons of contents.
There is an in-game economy, it's obvious that the most powerful and expensive cars would be put behind a grind or pay barrier.
It's just the reality of these games. You're not supposed to end the game and get all the contents in two weeks.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If it's not GT7 it's something else next week. Vultures know where the weak points lie
Truer words have never been spoken.

Personally I think these discussions should be had, since there are some practices I am not kosher with, even though they don't really impact me full stop yet (always online for single player)... but those who have platform loyalties as their driving force are all up in here time and time again like blood in the water.

I'm reminded of the old saying, better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

Someone should let Kaz know, because that's a terribly ill advised quote :messenger_tears_of_joy:

GenericUser

That's ridiculous, and anyone who believes that is retarded.
I mean, savegame editors are a thing on consoles. I kinda makes sense, but at the same time it doesn't make sense at all.

As soon as you let campaign cars into sports mode, you open the door for cheating. I think separating campaign/offline mode from sports mode would have made more sense.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Truer words have never been spoken.

Personally I think these discussions should be had, since there are some practices I am not kosher with, even though they don't really impact me full stop yet (always online for single player)... but those who have platform loyalties as their driving force are all up in here time and time again like blood in the water.

Well said man

zaanan

Banned
What a timely outage. Perfect illustration of why “always online” games are totally unacceptable. His letter should have said, “I apologize that this outage affected singleplayers. We are currently patching the game to be 100% offline for all non-multiplayer modes, and we promise to never, ever do that again.”

I wonder if part of the car pricing was somehow contractual with the manufacturers. Like they insisted that their IRL prices in some meaningful way be reflected in the game to project quality (as consumers often conflate this with cost). Sony wasn't going to complain since this also turned out to be a huge money gen for them too.

Just one thought, not saying its probable or even what I believe.
it makes sense if Manufacturers all want to charge the same amount or are asking for same percentage of profits. Sony using IRL prices takes the price decisions off everyone's hands.

This is why Sony is making their own cars. They are like fuck this. lol.

daclynk

They will make themself look like clowns, if they do that.

The entire point of the always online, was to stop "hackers, and cheaters".
U think is not about milking more money from potential payers if they removed ability to sell cars and make prices of cars in game like cars in real life. HAHAHAHA

wvnative

I don’t think there is a local save.
The save is the same… online.
I keep shifting between PS5 and PS4 Pro version on PS5 with the new exactly same progress.
i don't play gt

So your telling me they specificlly called out save editing as a reason for always online yet there's not even a local save?

ethomaz

Banned
i don't play gt

So your telling me they specificlly called out save editing as a reason for always online yet there's not even a local save?
There is no local save because it is server side save.
That is why it is always online.

The reason for that is what they said... they choose online save to avoid save editing, cheating and hackers.

Last edited:

ManaByte

i don't play gt

There's a local save. You'll have to forgive him, he's new to the PS5. The always online was a requirement by the FIA to prevent cheating in the Sport mode. It has nothing to do with save editing. If they detached sport mode from the campaign menu they could do the SP mode offline most likely.

wvnative

There's a local save. You'll have to forgive him, he's new to the PS5. The always online was a requirement by the FIA to prevent cheating in the Sport mode. It has nothing to do with save editing. If they detached sport mode from the campaign menu they could do the SP mode offline most likely.
So sport mode is separate from campaign?

ManaByte

So sport mode is separate from campaign?

Technically yes, but it's accessed from the campaign map. So the campaign is stuck always online as long as you access it that way. If they detached it and put it on the main menu before you access to map they could probably do an offline campaign mode.

Registering my lap times online and comparing it to other people's is the best thing on GTS/GTS7. Not to mention online races and championships, which are the main reason for playing in long term.

For people asking for GT7 offline, an honest question: would you trade the online rankings for the 0,000001% of the time your internet or the servers are offline?

Registering my lap times online and comparing it to other people's is the best thing on GTS/GTS7. Not to mention online races and championships, which are the main reason for playing in long term.

For people asking for GT7 offline, an honest question: would you trade the online rankings for the 0,000001% of the time your internet or the servers are offline?
The bigger issue is that in 5 years the servers could be taken down rendering the game unplayable

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

You can have online rankings without forcing an "always online" game.

There is no need to compromise at all.

Last edited:

modiz

You can compare your lap times in other racing games, too.
These games don't need an always online connection for single player.

"and if possible would like to try to avoid a situation where a player must mechanically keep replaying certain events over and over again"

How did the change actually accomplish it?

Didn't it... just nerf some races where people could earn credits quickly to buy cars?

That is such a wild spin on that lol
I think it's pretty clear : if no events has significant pay advantage there is no reason to chose one race in particular for the grind

ckaneo

Apologies for my ignorance, but can someone explain why they couldn't just patch out the cheating exploits from previous games instead of going always online? What about the game stops them from stopping cheaters and what does cheating entail?

Last edited:
Top Bottom