• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keanu Reeves Doesn't Want John Wick or Neo in Mortal Kombat

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Keanu Reeves recently sat down with Esquire Magazine's video series "Explain This" where he answered fan-submitted questions. One of the questions asked Keanu if he had a say in the addition of Neo, John Wick, or both into the Mortal Kombat Universe, would he allow it? The question was a reference to a 2019 story where Mortal Kombat Director Ed Boon teased a John Wick DLC addition to Mortal Kombat 11. His answer was a surprisingly firm "No."

Reeves is quoted as saying "If it was up to me? No. Mortal Kombat is awesome in so many ways, but I think... you know, Neo, John Wick, they're doing their own thing. Mortal Kombat is doing their own thing." His reasoning behind the answer seemingly stems from high respect for the Mortal Kombat games. Either character would be an appropriate addition to the Mortal Kombat roster as the game already hosts Rambo, Robocop, The Terminator, and so many more action movie icons.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Keanu Reeves is too cool for those games.

Keanu Reeves Wink GIF

carlosrox

Banned
I don’t think Neo really fits cuz who associates Neo with gore?

John Wick would work but then I also find John Wick overrated so it's not particularly interesting to me.

But John Wick would fit in a hell of a lot better than Neo would.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Guest characters are fine in Mortal Kombat, Reeves is wrong.

Vagswarm

Neo would actually be a pretty cool character, didn't even think of that. I could also see John Wick working well if they did it right.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Put John Wick in Soul Calibur. A gun kata fighter is one of the only absurdities that series has yet to tackle. Make it a PS5 exclusive character and give Xbox like Venom or some shit.

yansolo

i agree with him, i will also say the mk11 roster is probably the weakest its ever been, and the guest characters were ehhh

Sneed Wagon

Neo Member
I dunno maybe I'm a huge pussy but I dunno how'd id feel about watching a compilation of my likeness getting murderized in colorful ways.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Keanu Reeves recently sat down with Esquire Magazine's video series "Explain This" where he answered fan-submitted questions. One of the questions asked Keanu if he had a say in the addition of Neo, John Wick, or both into the Mortal Kombat Universe, would he allow it? The question was a reference to a 2019 story where Mortal Kombat Director Ed Boon teased a John Wick DLC addition to Mortal Kombat 11. His answer was a surprisingly firm "No."

Reeves is quoted as saying "If it was up to me? No. Mortal Kombat is awesome in so many ways, but I think... you know, Neo, John Wick, they're doing their own thing. Mortal Kombat is doing their own thing." His reasoning behind the answer seemingly stems from high respect for the Mortal Kombat games. Either character would be an appropriate addition to the Mortal Kombat roster as the game already hosts Rambo, Robocop, The Terminator, and so many more action movie icons.

I wonder how he feels about Neo being in Forntite next month?

Lightjolly

Neo Member
massive difference between a shooter like Fortnite and Mortal Kombat
Youd think being in MK would seem more fitting as well as more respectable to the character than seeing john wick do the dougie after killing naruto with a shotgun

Last edited:
Fighting games, including Japanese ones, have gotten out of hand with guest characters.

cZyV0RCTgp6IN7BcjMU8JJFBevT0MZOy.png

Pls stahp.
You absolutely nailed it, hell I felt like that feature took away from the game - kinda seemed like a joke more than anything. I'd rather whatever 'Game' he got involved with next was original, had a dope combat system, and was well thought out. His no here is much needed lol

Justin9mm

My opinion and this is only my opinion.. But it sounds to me like he knows of Mortal Kombat but not the newer additions and didn't know that it already had movie icons in there. I don't think he is a gamer from what I thought I read from him saying in the past and he has probably been burned from Cyberpunk to be honest. He's probably like oh no, not going there again.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally don’t want any celebrities in video games, lending their voice in enough.

I didn't like it in Cyberpunk either, I like Johnny as character but I'm not sure why they couldn't just design original character instead of using keanu's face. Also the model is no exactly as detail as in Death Stranding so he just doesn't looks at good especially when takes his glasses off, which makes him look weird.

Last edited:
Top Bottom