• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keanu Reeves is reportedly cast as Shadow in Sonic Movie 3

Draugoth

Gold Member
Edit: CONFIRMED:

keanu-reeves-cast-as-shadow-in-sonic-3-confirmed-by-john-v0-aooee6nzpouc1.png

Source

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
How overrrated isnt Reeves? He made one good role in first Matrix.

I don't think he's overrated at all. He's had a bunch of iconic roles (Ted, Neo, Wick) but most people know he isn't the most talented of actors. However, he is one of the nicest and most generous people around which is a stark contrast for most of Hollywood. I'd say that is the bigger cause of admiration than his acting chops or good looks.

Last edited:

Holammer

I'm not even mad they cast some big-name actor instead of one of the established voice actors. Hollywood knows what the masses want.

The second was barely a Sonic movie. It focused too much on some dumb bitches wedding.

hopefully the third movie actually focuses on the character it’s named after.
CG is still too expensive, so a B-story with some stupid human drama saves a lot of money.

T4keD0wN

Oh, its a character, i dont know why the headline made my head go somewhere completely else, it sounded more fun without knowing that.

Good stuff, the first two movies were pretty good.

Deft Beck

The second was barely a Sonic movie. It focused too much on some dumb bitches wedding.

hopefully the third movie actually focuses on the character it’s named after.

I think this common complaint is way overblown. It felt out of place, but I have a feeling it was the result of a script pass where they wanted those characters to have something meaningful to do. After that gets resolved, you don't really see her.

Synless

I think this common complaint is way overblown. It felt out of place, but I have a feeling it was the result of a script pass where they wanted those characters to have something meaningful to do. After that gets resolved, you don't really see her.
Not at all overblown. It was a pointless plot point That took up too much time from the movie.

DavJay

Met Keanu Reeves at the subway in NY once. Didn’t think a guy with his wealth and fame would be traveling like us average folks. Love everything he does so I’m all for this.

Top Bottom