• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keiichiro Toyama Interviews Resident Evil Creator Shinji Mikami For Franchise's Anniversary

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ask many people what the defining horror video game franchises are, and most people would be quick to mention either Silent Hill or Resident Evil. Both franchises have left a huge impact on the landscape of horror video games, with Resident Evil arguably birthing the entire genre itself, even coining the now iconic term "survival horror." As such, it's easy to see why the franchise celebrating its 26th anniversary is such a huge deal, as it is in many ways also the anniversary of the horror genre in gaming itself. It makes sense then that Silent Hill creator Keiichiro Toyama has released an interview with Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami to mark the occasion.

Mikami seemingly reemphasizes during the interview that The Evil Within is likely the last game he will direct, with him producing and acting as studio head for all of Tango Gameworks' upcoming titles.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Damn he has got old.
But so have I....but I don't look my age though
You sometimes forget when Kojima doesn't look any different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom