• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kelloggs NYC Cereal Cafe to offer Pop-Tart dessert pizza, tacos, and fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
https://consumerist.com/2017/02/21/kelloggs-offering-pop-tart-pizza-tacos-this-week-at-nyc-cafe/

That ache you feel may be your sweet tooth smarting from the sight of the veritable sugar smorgasbord that is Kellogg’s cafe menu this week:

• “Birthday Fiesta Nachos” made with Frosted Confetti Cupcake “chips,” and “sweet spins on spicy toppings”;

• Pop-Tarts “burritos” that are really pastries rolled in crepes with different toppings;

• Personal “pizzas” made with a brown sugar Pop-Tarts crust, strawberry sauce and fruit “pepperoni”;

• “Tacos” filled with a faux ground beef made from — you guessed it! — crumbled Pop-Tarts, coconut “lettuce,” and delivered in cinnamon dusted tortillas;

• And last but not least, “chili fries” that are topped with that same sweet “ground beef” and frosting “cheese.”

The cafe — open in Times Square through Feb. 26 — will also serve shakes, cheesecakes, and cake poppers featuring Pop-Tarts flavors, as well as Pop-Tarts “flights”: selections of pastries that are fruity, chocolatey, or “sweetly satisfying.”

Those cavity-creating confections won’t be cheap, either, with prices ranging from $8 to $12.

http://newsroom.kelloggcompany.com/...n-Times-Square-With-A-Spin-On-New-York-Dishes

ITmB56y.jpg

Moppeh

Banned
Yeah... That's overkill. Just a nibble of that s'mores "burrito" would send me into a sugar coma.

EDIT: Wait, are those marshmallows not even warmed? Fuck that noise, if I'm going to be killed by a candy burrito, I at least want that shit warmed up.

I was actually looking up this place a few days ago. Cereal bars are a thing I want to exist, but unfortunately there's only a handful nationwide.

I thought this was made over the summer.

I had intended on going but my coworkers refused, they thought it was stupid ;;

cant wait to drag my girlfriend there hehehehehe

EDIT: Through the 26th of this month? Aww man, I won't be in the city then ><

Zubz

Banned
I can feel my teeth rotting already. Still sounds delicious, despite how awful it should sound from those descriptions.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
People will eat this up, literally, just for the novelty of it. I saw some candy/treat sushi on Instagram earlier today that looked just like this stuff. If I'm in NYC, I'm not gonna balk at spending $8 on some weird Rice Krispie Treat/Pop Tart

The profit margins on that place must be amazing. I guess milk is sorta pricey. But the cereal, that's nothing.

They must not be pulling in enough from the general menu items then.

Usually stunts like this is to generate moor foot traffic in increase turnover from the "spectacle" of it.

Dat feel when you had this idea for a cereal bar in NYC back in 2008, complete with a business plan that worked and no invester believed in it. I'm still pissed

Zasa

Of course something like this is in Times Square, automatically kills all possibilities of going there to peak my curiosity. God damn you Times Square.

More like:

Dr. Kellogg introduced Kellogg Corn Flakes in hopes that it would reduce masturbation. In fact, Kellogg devoted much of his energy to discouraging sexual activity of any kind, and was an especially ardent critic of masturbation, which he believed could cause "cancer of the womb, urinary diseases, nocturnal emissions, impotence, epilepsy, insanity, and mental and physical debility" as well as "dimness of vision" and moral corruption. A patent for the product was filed on May 31, 1895, and issued on April 14, 1896.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom