• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kena Bridge of Spirits Review Thread

GHG

Gold Member
Well, this certainly does run well on a 3090/5900x. Not 120 all the time but close enough. I only turned off motion blur.

I can lock it at 60 and be done with it but it runs very well.

Yeh I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it runs on my 2070S as well.

It's as shame they didn't have more confidence in themselves to turn down the Epic money. I think it would go gangbusters on Steam.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

It's as shame they didn't have more confidence in themselves to turn down the Epic money. I think it would go gangbusters on Steam.
I've got World War Z ($5 sale) for me and got this for the kids on their Fortnite account but it ends up being basically mine lol

Last edited:

kyliethicc

They may have needed that Epic money to help fund the game. They are self funding & publishing.

Maybe they had to go into debt to fund the game and were happy to get the cash from Sony & Epic to offset dev costs.

They may have needed that Epic money to help fund the game. They are self funding & publishing.

Maybe they had to go into debt to fund the game and were happy to get the cash from Sony & Epic to offset dev costs.

Sony needs to stop fucking around and buy them outright. Small studio, insanely talented, efficiently run, poised for much bigger things,

this is the perfect acquisition they talk about

there are very few studios that seem to have what I call the “Nintendo-like magic”, that attention to detail and charm that really bring a game alive.

Team Asobi is one of them. Ember Lab is another.

kyliethicc

Sony needs to stop fucking around and buy them outright. Small studio, insanely talented, efficiently run, poised for much bigger things,

this is the perfect acquisition they talk about

there are very few studios that seem to have what I call the “Nintendo-like magic”, that attention to detail and charm that really bring a game alive.

Team Asobi is one of them. Ember Lab is another.
I agree. Have Ember Lab make Knack 3.

GOTY guaranteed.

Topher

Gold Member
That would mean it's the best game ever made,

BOTW best game ever made? I disagree, however....
Stephen Colbert Television GIF

Last edited:

MachRc

Cool, I too got to the title screen of the game too and ran jumped so far ahead and died falling down.

Kameo is a very good title to compare with as it was like 1 of the 7 launch titles with the 360.

"The unreal engine demo, turned into game!!!", feeling at first
great sound so far.

like Kameo, I am going to recommend it for younger players.

Looks great!
2QLRtxD.jpg
Ft9mySd.jpg

Last edited:

iHaunter

Huh? What Epic money? Epic and Sony have a partnership.

Durien

I played it for a couple of hours last night and a little this morning and I like it. It is a bit more on rails than I would like it to be. (It feels like it wants me to explore but doing so turns up nothing). I did run into a bug this morning where there were boxes and barrels that indicated I could open them but no matter where I stood, I never got the interact icon.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Looks good.
I'll play it once it is available on Xbox.

One nice thing about this gen, for those who have both consoles, at least so far you don't have to worry about getting a drastically inferior version on either console (ps4 often beat the xbox one version, where as xbox one x often beat out the ps4 pro version)
So if I decide to buy it for ps5, I don't have to worry about some massively better series x version coming out next year. (I think)

Rea

This game is a charm. Already killed 2nd boss, oh my.. currently on the hardest difficulty and its quite challenging. Really impressive for a small studio.
Graphics wise i would say its very pixar like. When compared with R&C its generation apart. There's lots of linear narrow paths unlike R&C which is sandbox type.
Very nice audio, movie like.

I'm overall very impressed. 9/10 for me.
:lollipop_smiling_hearts:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
That's just a dumb article title lol.. the game was set to come out way earlier, is apparently buggy as hell, so it wasn't pushed back for marketing reasons or to fill in Sony's fall lineup, and we have no idea how well it sells.

The story is that a new indie dev released a game that is reviewing pretty good... but haven't plenty of indies done the same?

I think we just are in a real lull in gaming these last few months... it's nice to have decent games release though!

IntentionalPun

???? I put good hour in to the game and I haven’t experienced any bugs yet.
Lots of people talking about getting stuck on gemoetry; the rot just stop working sometimes and won't do anything until you reload a save, some people randomly can't open chests at all until reloading a save, etc. Also people losing their action points they've saved up or whatever. Sounds like game systems are crashing behind the scenes sometimes and have to be reloaded.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Lots of people talking about getting stuck on gemoetry; the rot just stop working sometimes and won't do anything until you reload a save, some people randomly can't open chests at all until reloading a save, etc. Also people losing their action points they've saved up or whatever. Sounds like game systems are crashing behind the scenes sometimes and have to be reloaded.
I guess I’m lucky because I haven’t experienced any of this.

Malakhov

Banned
That void knight was awful on medium difficulty, it really felt like dark souls with perfect parries and dodging required

IntentionalPun

Nope I already beat those twin’s older brother which was really fun and challenging fight.
Ah gotcha; well that's kinda how bugs be.. some combo of things done cause something. But I've seen lots of talk here and the purple site.

AlexxKidd

Nah. I don't think it's worth my time playing games with less emphasis on gameplay, it's kinda insulting playing fakes. And I very much loathe these generic action rpg, same old same old game loop tropes. Played them a couple of times and you'll see the pattern, some may enjoy that but definitely not me.That shit is only worth for YouTube playthrough at best these days.

Such a waste of indie potential only focusing on the tried and true graphics, I guess PS casuals would like it.Game movies market is big though so they may have catch up to their target fanbase. Congrats.

craig-no-need-to-be-upset.gif

Great Hair

Banned
elv6qQ8.jpg

J2khK5M.jpg

748140.jpg

I thought this was going to be in the 60s to 70s metacritic range
How did you come to that conclusion? Based on what? C´mon man ... :p

elv6qQ8.jpg

J2khK5M.jpg

748140.jpg

How did you come to that conclusion? Based on what? C´mon man ... :p