• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Samuels dead at 56

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Kevin Samuels passes away

aauvwnivo51fcv8h2x7wkqta6kugzdfg5s-ozwtmzx3nngs800-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg

Kevin's one of those guys that got a name by constantly making videos on black relationships. At first he started off talking about how black men had to do better in order to attract the type of women they wanted then he transitioned towards black women as they started to really make his channel blow up. He would have black women constantly call in and talk about the type of black men or lifestyles they wanted then show them why they didn't have either of those things. This is why a nice amount of black women turned him into an enemy even though he was speaking the truth. There's no lie in the fact that women with multiple children, especially the ones with multiple baby daddies, lose value to certain men when it comes to dating.

This one hurts. Just watched a show from him last night. Been following him since 2020. Rest in Peace, Godfather.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

"If you have made it to 35 and you are unmarried, you are a leftover woman,” he said in a video. “You are what is left. Men know that there is something likely wrong with you."

He also stirred up controversy over videos where he rated women's appearances based on their looks and dress size. Many said his advice was toxic and misogynistic.

This is what passes for controversial in current_year? Oh brother. Either way, RIP.

Outlier

Yeah it sucks, however he passed, but his lesson are being passed on to those who listen. Granted his advice and observations we geared toward heterosexual partnerships, the information is helpful in all social connection situations, so when I heard some of his clips I was able to connect and understand it.

Don't let good knowledge go to waste.

Outlier

Woman didn't like that he was telling the truth
I have a suspicion that a lot of the woman actually liked getting advice from him. It's hard to believe that he would receive as many female callers he got and think they would get one over him, after he put so many others "in their place", before hand. It's like they wanted it...

EDIT: Come to think of it. I think it makes sense. I know the feeling of wanting to talk with someone I feel has more/different knowledge about something I have strong thoughts about just to confirm to myself that I'm not as good/smart as I feel/portray myself to be, just so I can get that dose of reality check. Maybe that's what was going on.

Last edited:

nush

Damn, he only recently hit a million subs as well. I really enjoyed his channel for a while, until the videos got too long and formulaic with the phone-ins. His advice for improving yourself, making good choices and how to dress were not just applicable to black men. Go back and find videos of his on how to dress like a man for example. RIP godfather, you made it big but only for a short time.

Bombolone

Gold Member
No fuckin way.
I found his channel on youtube during the pandemic.
He actually brought logic and reason to the discussion and was doing work to help change the relationship landscape.

RIP Godfather.

natjjohn

This guy gave relationship advice but wasn't married himself? Well, he was, but divorced twice. I don't think he was a guru.

Never heard of him, but quick scroll through this page and seeing this information makes me think he wasn’t boss material and married some left overs and he himself was a throwaway as well.

nush

He's a thought, he's about to become more famous dead than he ever was alive.

He used to proactively protect his content, so that's not going to happen anymore so it's going to get shared and transformed by anyone. His haters will have free reign to say what they want without a rebuttal and you can't slander the dead. And a whole bunch of "The New Kevin Samuels" Youtube channels will spring up cloning his format and chasing that lost million subscriber count he has that are now no longer going to get new content.

Jsisto

I hate when I dont find out about someone until they’re gone. Been practically binge watching his videos After reading about him on this thread. His methods were a little extreme but there’s no denying this guy was an absolute treasure with a lot to offer people. He will clearly be missed by many.

Last edited:

nush

I hate when I dont find out about someone until they’re gone. Been practically binge watching his videos After reading about him on this thread. His methods were a little extreme but there’s no denying this guy was an absolute treasure with a lot to offer people. He will clearly be missed by many.

The man dropped some solid truth in his "Paying for box" video.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
He never really said anything wrong. He just turned the tables so some people freaked out.

Anyways, RIP.

Kenpachii

Jup i dated a bunch of chicks at 35+ and i can tell you, full blown delusion is there mantra. Didn't last long.

nush

so dating is a wrap.. time to pay for box. NY is pseudo legal. Anywhere else?

Nevada and the UK that I know of. But it's everywhere and as long as you don't pick up off the street you're not realistically going to get busted.

Renoir

Nevada and the UK that I know of. But it's everywhere and as long as you don't pick up off the street you're not realistically going to get busted.
I cant wait for the West World robots to touchdown. This war of Man vs Woman is making dating such a headache. It was already a pain "playing the game" but now pffft...
Now that Im single and I already have kids. I don't see the point of emotional investment. The point of financially pour money in dates to hopefully make a chick fill like she's Qween and she reward me with them sugar walls.
All KS and Pearly's and Tates, they really removed the romance from it all. Without the romance fluff, I guess it is all a transaction after all.

nush

I guess it is all a transaction after all.

It's more honest, "I want pussy", "I want money". OK deal. It can actually be financially cheaper than dating and you've got more time for yourself. You'll meet some amazing women and without the bullshit you'll probably find you click with more of them than you'd think.

Top Bottom