• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe: Revelation trailer

kunonabi

Let's not act like like creatives and producers havent denied something like crazy only for it true when the thing actually releases.

Hell, its not like Smith hasn't already lied about his history with he-man as it is.

Lanrutcon

There's actually a decent chance everything could line up in exactly the wrong way, resulting in a trainwreck of exceptional note.

Still interested, but for different reasons now.

Lupingosei

Banned
Let's not act like like creatives and producers havent denied something like crazy only for it true when the thing actually releases.

Hell, its not like Smith hasn't already lied about his history with he-man as it is.
The problem is, Clownfish TV (former industry people) got contacted by somebody who told them exactly thata few months ago and for telling the truth Kevin Smith attacked them.

It is not bait and switch, he was actively going against people who were just telling, what insiders told them. Not lying, not bashing, just the same thing you can now read in the synopsis.

He was using his position to attack people who were just giving along inside information as liars and now he pretends it never happend.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It may end up being a small narrative perspective in the grand scheme of things, in which it begins with the one character driving the story and eventually ends up He-Man's story once the band is back together. Writers have done this in plenty of comics and books and movies.

The risk they run, however, is that when a story is this iconic and headlined his own show in the past, it can come off as pointless and boring to fans. Like, imagine if an entire collection of Witcher stories or an entire season of the show was from Dandelion's / Jaskier's perspective. It wouldn't be terrible as a one off, a short story here, an episode there. But being the entire perspective means it wouldn't really be a Witcher show any longer.

Anyways I didn't watch the cartoon or the movie and don't really know much about any of it so I'll just reserve judgement once it is released.

sol_bad

The problem is, Clownfish TV (former industry people) got contacted by somebody who told them exactly thata few months ago and for telling the truth Kevin Smith attacked them.

It is not bait and switch, he was actively going against people who were just telling, what insiders told them. Not lying, not bashing, just the same thing you can now read in the synopsis.

He was using his position to attack people who were just giving along inside information as liars and now he pretends it never happend.

What synopsis?

Lupingosei

Banned
What synopsis?

this

Yes, it is:

"The war for Eternia culminates in Masters of the Universe: Revelation, an innovative and action-packed animated series that picks up where the iconic characters left off decades ago. After a cataclysmic battle between He-Man and Skeletor, Eternia is fractured and the Guardians of Grayskull are scattered. And after decades of secrets tore them apart, it's up to Teela to reunite the broken band of heroes, and solve the mystery of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to restore Eternia and prevent the end of the universe."

Edit: I am pasting the link from IGN but it is embedding the video without the text.

Madonis

I have a brilliant idea: let's watch the show or at least wait for full spoilers before jumping to definitive conclusions based on limited and often incomplete information.

Even rumors with a grain of truth are still selective and biased. I wouldn't judge any show based on the synopsis. Those can be either inaccurate at best or outright misleading plenty of times.

And besides, the quality of the series is not going to entirely depend on who is the protagonist, nor whether or not they give someone else something to do instead of the camera following He-Man's actions every second.

My bet is it'll likely go through a "our heroes were seemingly defeated and then they dispersed" story arc before everyone, including He-Man himself, reunites for a new fight. There's no "lie" or heresy in doing stuff like that.

Last edited:
I have a brilliant idea: let's watch the show or at least wait for full spoilers before jumping to definitive conclusions based on limited and often incomplete information.

Even rumors with a grain of truth are still selective and biased. I wouldn't judge any show based on the synopsis. Those can be either inaccurate at best or outright misleading plenty of times.

And besides, the quality of the series is not going to entirely depend on who is the protagonist, nor whether or not they give someone else something to do instead of the camera following He-Man's actions every second.

My bet is it'll likely go through a "our heroes were seemingly defeated and then they dispersed" story arc before everyone, including He-Man himself, reunites for a new fight. There's no "lie" or heresy in doing stuff like that.
I have another brilliant idea. Let us be free to voice our opinion based on official information provided by Netflix.

Enjay

Banned
It's all I do.

I need help.
Lucky. The most irl convo I'll get is a cousin or someone will send me a text asking if I know ________ is being rebooted followed by me usually saying I heard yeah, and I bet it'll be shit. I think ducktales was the only reboot I was wrong about.

Nickolaidas

Banned
eivVfqz.jpg

You could've shown me that picture if I didn't know anything about the show, and I would be like: "Who's the dude in the back, above Adam? Is he a new character?

Evil Lynn and Skeletor look great, though.

NahaNago

eivVfqz.jpg

You could've shown me that picture if I didn't know anything about the show, and I would be like: "Who's the dude in the back, above Adam? Is he a new character?

Evil Lynn and Skeletor look great, though.
Well this pict is giving me less hope for the show and Adam's eyebrow color is throwing me off. Seems the rumors are true and Teela is going to be a massive part of the story.

CGiRanger

Banned
Well this pict is giving me less hope for the show and Adam's eyebrow color is throwing me off. Seems the rumors are true and Teela is going to be a massive part of the story.
Dammit I didn't see that. What the hell is going on there? It looks so wrong.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
That's Teela in the back? DId they change the character into a man? I wouldn't have a problem if they did, just asking. It looks nothing like any of the images of Teela from the old cartoon or movie I remember.

Edit: just wanted to point out I didn't watch them as a fan or anything, I saw a few episodes and can remember watching part of the movie with my older brother. But yea that looks nothing like the Teela I remember from by brief exposures

Last edited:
That's Teela in the back? DId they change the character into a man? I wouldn't have a problem if they did, just asking. It looks nothing like any of the images of Teela from the old cartoon or movie I remember.

It's Teela's new look. The preview showed her with her "updated" retro look (complete with man-face, her, not a character) but after what I'm guessing is a brief time-skip this will be her new look.

Xenon

The real question is how can they have that low of a cut on the Sorceress's outfit and have zero evidence of cleavage.

lefty1117

Gold Member
It's a cartoon, we probably shouldn't take it that seriously and just be glad that someone is giving it another shot.

Nickolaidas

Banned
So confirmed to be a Teela show.
There is a slight hope that He-man will have a parallel side quest in his own series involving time travel and both arcs (Tee-la's and He-man's) will be shown.

But all signs show that Tee-la will be the main focus. He-man will be getting some crumbs. The mere fact that he's not part of the main title tells us everything we need to know.

Last edited:

NahaNago

Dammit I didn't see that. What the hell is going on there? It looks so wrong.
I think the reason I noticed it was that Adam kept reminding me of that Q force netflix show. So I had to google the old show to find out what the original color was(it's suppose to be black). It is still kind of weird that his eyebrows are suppose to be black even though he is blonde.

Last edited:
Top Bottom