• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Spacey to Cameo as Detective Investigating Artist Falsely Accused of Pedophilia in Low-Budget "L'uomo che disegnò Dio"

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Kevin Spacey's back in Franco Nero's upcoming low-budget L'uomo che disegnò Dio / The Man Who Drew God, which according to IMDb will release in October 2021. Kevin Spacey will play a small role as a detective investigating the case of an artist falsely accused of sexually abusing children. The artist will not be played by Kevin Spacey.
Via The Times (and an archive link to bypass the paywall).

The disgraced actor Kevin Spacey, who has spent four years in the professional wilderness after accusations of sexual misconduct, is preparing to return to the screen in the role of a detective investigating the case of a man wrongly suspected of paedophilia.
The Italian film L’Uomo che disegnò Dio (The Man Who Drew God) will be directed by Franco Nero, 79, and will also star Nero’s wife, Vanessa Redgrave, 84. “I’m very happy Kevin agreed to participate in my film,” Nero told ABC News in the United States. “I consider him a great actor and I can’t wait to start the movie.”
In the Italian film, Nero will play a blind artist who can draw people by listening to their voices. Spacey is the detective who investigates after the artist is wrongly suspected of sex abuse. The project, being made by the Italian production company Altrofilm Produzioni, has the financial backing of the Italian state broadcaster RAI and the culture ministry and is due to be shot in Turin between December and January. In early references to the film, Nero said it had the backing of four Oscar-winners: Redgrave, the director of photography Vittorio Storaro, the art director Gianni Quaranta and the costume designer Milena Canonero.
On a visit to Turin two years ago he said: “It’s based on a true story that happened in this city many years ago. I will say no more as it brings bad luck . . . but I want to win an Oscar with this film.” There was no mention of Spacey’s participation at that time.
Other members of Italy’s cultural elite appear to be ready to join Nero in turning the page on Spacey’s controversial past. A new international film festival to be staged in the central regions of Abruzzo, Le Marche and Molise said he would be one of its judges.

Via Variety, Spacey's role will be small.
Louis Nero, the producer of Franco Nero’s upcoming low-budget indie “L’uomo Che Disegnò Dio,” confirmed to Variety that Spacey is on board to make a cameo in the film. According to Louis Nero, Spacey would feature in a small role as a police detective. Franco Nero is set to star as the main character.
According to the Filmitalia website, the low-budget indie film follows “the rise and fall of a blind artist who has the extraordinary gift of making true-to-life portraits just by listening to human voices.”

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Well that's tasteless, isn't it?

Wow. The balls on this man. At this point, he’s just daring people to investigate him even further.

I wonder who the anonymous member of Hollywood is who’s too scared to come forward as a witness. All I know is that working on the set of “Superman Returns” (directed by Bryan Singer, who’s also been accused of some extremely shady stuff) must’ve been quite an experience for that cast and crew…..

DKehoe

It shows he still has more talent in this short clip than most actors have in their entire careers.
No one was disputing he's a talented actor. But he decided to adopt the role of one of his best known villain characters to respond to the accusations against him. It doesn't exactly get people on his side. Both in the sense that it doesn't make it seem like he's treating it seriously and that he's adopting this threatening "you haven't heard the last of me" type tone.

BeardGawd

Banned
No one was disputing he's a talented actor. But he decided to adopt the role of one of his best known villain characters to respond to the accusations against him. It doesn't exactly get people on his side. Both in the sense that it doesn't make it seem like he's treating it seriously and that he's adopting this threatening "you haven't heard the last of me" type tone.
The clip has 12 million views. Looking at the comments it shows he has tons on people on his side.
So the fact that he's a kid fucker doesn't bother you?
I don't entertain allegations unless they've been proven.

DKehoe

The clip has 12 million views. Looking at the comments it shows he has tons on people on his side.

I don't entertain allegations unless they've been proven.
There are plenty of car crash videos with more views than that.

You're honestly the first person I've ever interacted with who thought anything positive about that video. The reaction of everyone else who I've spoken to about it has been "what the fuck is he thinking?"

Arcadialane

Was there ever any legitimacy to the accusations, or was it during the time when the opportunist attention whores where all trying to get their 15 minutes of fame?

Last edited:

BigBooper

Was there ever any legitimacy to the accusations, or was it during the time when the opportunist attention whores where all trying to get their 15 minutes of fame?
From what I've searched, he has not been charged with anything, he has not had any civil judgements against him. One of his accusers who was suing has not identified themselves so their case isn't moving forward. One of the accusers dropped their suit against him. One of the accusers was bragging about the occurrence until years later when metoo happened and they realized they should feel bad about it instead. One of the accusers, probably the most serious one as he claims it happened when he was underage, still has a civil lawsuit pending.

So, certainly not "fact" yet, but needs to continue being investigated.

I know someone who was around the west end theatre scene around about when Spacey was at the Old Vic. There may be some people falsely caught up in the #MeToo stuff over the years, Kevin Spacey definitely isn't one of them.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Why did Kevin Spacey get cancelled again?

He tried to fuck this guy when he was still a minor:
b52ae1f2de6fa9a2123a49cb49500bab3c8a190c.jpg

zeorhymer

From what I've searched, he has not been charged with anything, he has not had any civil judgements against him. One of his accusers who was suing has not identified themselves so their case isn't moving forward. One of the accusers dropped their suit against him. One of the accusers was bragging about the occurrence until years later when metoo happened and they realized they should feel bad about it instead. One of the accusers, probably the most serious one as he claims it happened when he was underage, still has a civil lawsuit pending.

So, certainly not "fact" yet, but needs to continue being investigated.
It was more of a petty bullshit and wanted to ruin his career type deal. He'd suck a twink's face in front of everyone since he knew he could bring in the big bucks while acting like an ass towards everyone else.

MastaKiiLA

People around Hollywood dropped Spacey like a bad habit pretty fast after the allegations, which suggests that more people were in the know about his behavior. Dude doesn't need any defending. He can drown his sorrows in his money pit Scrooge McDuck style. Odd role selection, but then again, we had that weird-ass video he made. Either not getting the right kind of professional advice, or just completely ignoring it.

Camaway2

I had once an account on ERA which I scarcely used only for the videogames section of the forum. Once I ventured in the general discussions area and there was a thread about Kevin Spacey. I dared to mention in one single post that a person should not be considered guilty until a court says reaches a verdict, since just accusing someone doesn't mean he is automatically guilty of the crime. I received a barrage of insults, was promptly banned and learned to appreciate NeoGAF even more.

Spacey is very likely to be a very unpleasant man in person, I would not have my kids around him, yet I can appreciate his acting skills, like I can appreciate Baudelaire work despite the fact he was a drug addict.

It’s all a psyop, Hollywood is gaslighting us by merging with reality to mindfuck us. Just as how Parasite won the Oscars shortly after COVID hit.

carlosrox

Banned
Him thinking this was a good idea just shows how much he's detached from reality.

Or it was a good idea directed at the right people.

That video is 100% a thinly veiled threat at some of the Hollywood (or global, whatever) Elite.

Didn't one of his accusers literally mysteriously die or something? And then one of them suddenly dropped all charges?

Kevin Spacey is sketch as fuck and he's apparently good friends with some other super sketchy people.

And I really doubt him getting roles like the ones in Swimming With Sharks and Horrible Bosses to be just some coincidence. Swimming With Sharks is absolutely about corruption and scandals in Hollywood and the Director himself used to work for some high profile Hollywood peeps (as an assistant just like in the movie) and said he couldn't say who but that their behavior was terrible.

Dark shit definitely goes down in Hollywood.

BouncyFrag

I wish I was Dredd, I'd hang him by his fucking balls. Defending a kid fucker, you make me sick.
Spacey kept extremely bad company.
cover7.jpg

In this newly surfaced photo from 2002, Ghislaine Maxwell, the just-captured accused madam of convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein sits on Queen Elizabeth II’s throne during a private tour of Buckingham Palace.

At her side in the matching, plushly upholstered throne of Prince Philip, is actor Kevin Spacey.

Then the artistic director of London’s Old Vic Theatre, Spacey would face sex assault allegations of his own in the UK and US, though all would eventually be dropped.

The two visited the palace with former President Bill Clinton, a Spacey pal who has also weathered his share of sex scandals.

And they were all there at the palace at the invitation of Prince Andrew, the Telegraph reported Saturday, in releasing the startling snap, obtained by The Post.

Andrew, of course, has been accused by Epstein’s alleged “sex slave” Virginia Giuffre of bedding her at Maxwell’s behest when she was only 17

Photo of Prince Andrew, Virginia Giuffre, and Ghislaine Maxwell:
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190906152149-prince-andrew-guifre-maxwell.jpg

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
i know hes been a bit of a naughty boy... but i do like Kevin Spacey as an Actor, the guy is fucking good and he was sorely missed in the last series of House of Cards

Top Bottom