• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kimi no Na wa (Your Name) Collector's Edition back in stock at Amazon.jp

Finally for my hands on it! I'm so happy!!!! #Crying
Kimi no Na wa. (Your Name.) Collector's Edition [4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Limited Edition]
And I just finished watching this for the third time too.

MORE PICS HERE!

1PGQa9Q.jpg

nv1gqAB.jpg

MoW2Eh5.jpg

Zf380tu.jpg

ErC8z1m.jpg

3iYHV7M.jpg

Mu1DDGB.jpg

HLGfolO.jpg

p270y2J.jpg

6ezFVsj.jpg

THNEirC.jpg

8Jk40yi.jpg

ab9NKT3.jpg

5KWlbqt.jpg

Is this a good movie? Also, CE is sold out.
As a huge Shinkai, saw this movie on premiere day and a total of 4 times, it’s good but not Shinkai’s best film imo. I think anime fans will love it though.

I ordered the CE the day before yesterday and got it yesterday. Didn’t open it because I was busy with other things but I’m hoping to rewatch it tonight.

Kvik

Well, ETA for delivery is by the end of today. So with some luck hopefully my copy will be there waiting for me when I get home from work.

I originally bought the limited production run from AmiAmi for $119 but cancelled since I realized none of it was translated and I really want to read the included content.

Still holding out for a US release :(

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Is the UHD much of an improvement over the regular BD?

HDR does quite a difference for the night scenes especially, otherwise I can't say I'm seeing a lot of differences. I wasn't expecting a lot anyway, it's not like backgrounds or animation could have a lot of details that would only resolve at 4K resolution.
Gorgeous movie (saw it twice in the theater before), and gorgeous release :)

rpmurphy

Got mine in today. Looks really nice, and the canvas print (Toho store item) is great quality. I wasn't lucky to get a bookmark, however. :(

Edit: Nevermind! The bookmark fell under something when I was unpacking. LOL

~Kinggi~

Banned
Movie was pretty good, but not amazing like people were going on about. I mean concept has kind of been done before, and as a Westerner i gotta say a lot of these anime films have a tone that's all over the damn place it breaks immersion for me. But it is beautifully drawn and animated and a nice story.

So I didn't see a new thread made for this yet but Funimation just announced the localized standard and collectors editions at Otakon this weekend.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/08/12/announced-otakon-2017/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=082017-cv-otakon-announcement&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=industry-panel&utm_nooverride=1

Two releases:

Standard Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack

Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack
Two-piece collectible chipboard box with rainbow holographic finish, featuring the star-crossed lovers Taki and Mitsuha
Your Name. 2-disc original soundtrack by RADWIMPS, with English and Japanese versions
60-page hardcover art book
Art digipack
Blu-ray + DVD of the film and 59 minutes of extras.
your name.: Interview with Makoto Shinkai
Makoto Shinkai Filmography
Special TV Program
Trailers

Pre-Order: 8/15
Street date: 11/7

Otakon-Industry-Panel-2017.098.jpg

Note it does not say who will be stocking the special edition.

So I didn't see a new thread made for this yet but Funimation just announced the localized standard and collectors editions at Otakon this weekend.

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2017/08/12/announced-otakon-2017/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=082017-cv-otakon-announcement&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=industry-panel&utm_nooverride=1

I'm so glad that its finally coming over but no 4K and no steelbook is really disappointing to me. Super disappointing.

Preorders open on the 15th? I hope that includes Amazon.

This makes it sound like the standard blu won't come with the extras, interviews or trailers. Which wouldn't be good.

I hope I could order the LE outside of the funimation shop, because their shipping costs to Canada is a little absurd.

Yeah I haven't seen anything that remotely speaks to pre-orders being open anywhere besides Funimations online shop.

I also mourn at having no steel book case but this movie is just too good to pass up. Expecting probably at least a $100 price tag.

Veitsev

Yeah I haven't seen anything that remotely speaks to pre-orders being open anywhere besides Funimations online shop.

I also mourn at having no steel book case but this movie is just too good to pass up. Expecting probably at least a $100 price tag.

Funimation preorders always take a little time to go up elsewhere.

Usually its Funimation Store -> Rightstuf -> Amazon -> Everyone else

Ridley327

That's a nice package they put together for the LE, though given how voluminous the extras are on the various Japanese releases, it does make me wish that those companies weren't so finicky about licensing outside of the country, since the eventual price would go down easier if it had a few more in that department.

So apparently Funimation posted a tweet stating that more info is "coming soon" regarding a 4K release. Can't post the tweet here due to work.

yyr

I'm ticked that they're doing that stupid DVD + Blu-ray combo pack thing again. I don't want or need both, but now they're going to charge more and get away with it. Ugh...

So apparently Funimation posted a tweet stating that more info is "coming soon" regarding a 4K release. Can't post the tweet here due to work.
Where do you see that? The only tweet close to that that I see is more info coming soon about price and contents of the Limited Edition.

Top Bottom