• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kimi no Na wa (Your Name) Collector's Edition back in stock at Amazon.jp

Thanks for telling me that. I'll preorder it through them. I'm so, so tired of getting game and movie boxes/cases with dents, crushed corners, torn plastic, etc.
No prob! They're great, I've been ordering from them for decades. Awesome CS in the off chance something happens too.

Scavenger

Funimation US:
YourName_Box.gif

Relive the beauty in this 60-page hardcover artbook that includes full-color illustrations and more!

yourName_PreOrder_email_image2.jpg

Enjoy the original soundtrack by RADWIMPS with a two-disc set, including the English and Japanese versions. Also included, the Blu-ray and DVD packed in a gorgeous art digipack.

yourName_PreOrder_email_image3.jpg

That's not all! This release includes a heap of extras:
• Your Name. Interview with Makoto Shinkai
• Makoto Shinkai Filmography
• Special TV Program
• Trailers

yourName_PreOrder_email_image4.jpg

Anime Limited UK Blu-ray+DVD Collector's Edition Steelbook (Plus soundtrack not in picture)

There's also a UK limited edition in the works. Chipboard box, digipack and book with more content than the Funimation release. Will be released shortly after the standard editions and collector's edition steelbook.

BTA

I have the JP standard (and the soundtrack on iTunes) but that LE looks nice enough that I might double dip.

Funimation US:

Anime Limited UK Blu-ray+DVD Collector's Edition Steelbook (Plus soundtrack not in picture)

There's also a UK limited edition in the works. Chipboard box, digipack and book with more content than the Funimation release. Will be released shortly after the standard editions and collector's edition steelbook.
Wow, much better looking than the Japanese limited edition I have. I’ll double dip if I can find it when I go back to visit.

Funimation US:

Freaking crap I need that steelbook. Where do I preorder???

Xamdou

so should I order the LE from RightStuf or Funimation?

I ordered my LE from Rightstuf since I ordered my Gurren Lagann Complete Collection from them and they packaged it securely! Also their cheaper than Amazon which I cancelled my order from.

Scavenger

Anime Limited UK has posted details on their releases and a FAQ. Mostly information that was already known, but there is some new information regarding the Deluxe edition and the audio tracks. I have pre-ordered the steelbook, but might wait for the Deluxe Edition instead.

WHAT VERSIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE?

In total there will be four different versions available to purchase. Three of these will be available trade wide – meaning available at all retailers, the other won’t be (more on that in a moment.)

Standard DVD – This will be a single DVD in a regular sized DVD amaray case.
Standard Blu-ray – This will be a single Blu-ray in a regular sized amaray case.
Ltd Collector’s Edition – This will be a special Steelbook that will include the DVD disc, the Blu-ray disc AND the CD soundtrack of the film made by RADWIMPS. (This is a limited edition product that will only be available strictly while stock lasts.)

“Ltd Deluxe Edition” – Please note, we’re unable to confirm details regarding this version as it is still in the approvals stage. But as soon as everything is signed off, we’ll share details accordingly. This is an item that will not be available trade wide. It’s entirely possible this will be an AllTheAnime.com exclusive release, but in addition may also be exclusive to another retailer too. That’s not 100% set in stone as details are still being finalised.

PLEASE NOTE – Re: Deluxe Edition [as of 25th August 2017]

When it comes to the Ltd Deluxe Edition, we’re still in the process of getting this 100% signed off. Until everything is completely signed off we’re unable to elaborate on details of this version. However we can say that this version will not be available trade wide. As mentioned above, it’s entirely possible this will be an AllTheAnime.com exclusive release, but in addition may also be exclusive to another retailer too. That’s not 100% set in stone as details are still being finalised. So please stay tuned for updates on this.

We hope to be able to show the design and contents of this version soon, but please know we are very excited about what we have in mind for this Deluxe Edition! We’re confident the price point and contents will be very much to your liking too :)

WHAT’S ON THE DISCS?

On every version of our home video release of Your Name, Blu-ray and DVD on-disc content is identical. On the discs will be –

• The Main Feature
  • Viewable in the following language options –
    •Japanese language (with English subtitles) with the Japanese version of the soundtrack by RADWIMPS
    •English language with the English version of the soundtrack by RADWIMPS
  • On-disc extras are
  • Makoto Shinkai Filmography
  • Special TV Program
  • Trailers
The CD Soundtrack, included in the Ltd Collector’s Edition Steelbook, not included in the standard DVD and Blu-ray versions, has the following tracks –

1. Dream Lantern
  2. School Road
  3. Itomori Highschool
  4. First View of Tokyo
  5. Café at Last
  6. Theme of Ms. Okudera
  7. Unusual Changes of Two
  8. Zenzenzense (Movie Version)
  9. Goshintai
  10. Date
  11. Autumn Festival
  12. Evoking Memories
  13. Visit to Hida
  14. Disappeared Town
  15. Library
  16. The Night Inn
  17. Again to Goshintai
  18. Kuchikamizake Trip
  19. Council of War
  20. Persuading Mayor
  21. Theme of Mitsuha
  22. Unseen Two
  23. Kawawaredoki
  24. Sparkle (Movie Version)
  25. Date 2
  26. Nandemonaiya (Movie Edit)
  27. Nandemonaiya (Movie Version)

WHAT’S THE RELEASE DATE

The release date for the Ltd Collector’s Edition Steelbook, standard DVD and standard Blu-ray versions will be MONDAY 6TH NOVEMBER 2017.

You can pre-order this right now from the likes of Amazon UK, Zavvi, Anime-On-Line, and nearer the time of release you’ll be able to order it from our AllTheAnime.com web shop too.

The release period of the Deluxe Edition will be early December. The reason it’s slightly later is simply due to production times in being able to get it ready. As mentioned above, more details on this will be forthcoming soon.

F.A.Q. ABOUT OUR ‘YOUR NAME’ RELEASE

— Will you be doing a 4K/UHD Blu-ray release of this?

As things stand, no. This is because it is incredibly cost prohibitive to be able to create a 4K/UHD Blu-ray master versus the demand for that format in the United Kingdom. Now we should stress, this isn’t to say we’ll never release one because circumstances can change. But as much as we’d love to do so, at time of writing (August 2017) we do not have plans to release a 4K/UHD Blu-ray of Your Name.

— Can you not include the English language soundtrack CD with your release as well?

In short, no. This is for a number of reasons but one of the primary reasons is that it would have increased the overall price of our release.

— When will you take pre-orders for the Ltd Deluxe Edition?

We will be taking pre-orders for our Deluxe Edition of Your Name closer to the date of release itself. This is standard procedure when it comes to pre-ordering titles at our AllTheAnime.com web shop. Please stay tuned to all of our channels for details as it becomes available to order.

— When we can expect to hear about your “Deluxe Edition” version?
Simply put, we won’t be able to confirm everything relating to this until it is 100% signed off and approved. As we mention above, this will definitely be getting released after the other versions are available. At best, we estimate it would be a December release. Please stay tuned to our channels for updates on this as we can bring them.

— You previously mentioned that you were planning to include multiple versions of the movie with various soundtrack options, why is this not the case now?
It is true that a long time we mentioned that we were set to include multiple audio options in our release, however this is a case where plans have to change. So this is why the language options included for the film are Japanese with English subtitles (feat. the Japanese version of the soundtrack) and in English (with the English language version soundtrack.) But you still get to watch the film in two different ways and experience both language soundtracks as well.

For those unaware, the band who recorded the soundtrack to the film, RADWIMPS, re-recorded the songs in English, hence the mention of an “English language version soundtrack”.
[NOTE: This F.A.Q. will be updated as required. Information above correct as of 25th August 2017.]

And that concludes this post! we hope you’re excited about being able to add Your Name. to your anime collection in November!

Signing out~!

Jeremy

And as mentioned earlier regarding the Deluxe Edition:
There's a lot more pages in the book than the US one (just over double) as we translated the interviews etc too.

Will be cheaper than the Funimation one on SRP, likely to be lower on actual sales price at retail too by the by.

Voror

Still no price match on Amazon. Gonna have to cancel and go with Rightstuf I suppose then. Seems silly that they wouldn't do so.

I've noticed that often times Amazon does drop the price down to what others have but not immediately when it goes up for preorder.

Ashhong

Yes.

Most likely not region free. :p

Wait really? I've gotten a bunch of movie collections from the UK like Harry Potter and they were region free. I assumed all Blu-ray were...

Or maybe my PS4 is just region free? I don't even know..I want that steelbook but not if I can't even watch it lol

Toki767

Wait really? I've gotten a bunch of movie collections from the UK like Harry Potter and they were region free. I assumed all Blu-ray were...

Or maybe my PS4 is just region free? I don't even know..I want that steelbook but not if I can't even watch it lol

Seems like the Your Name blu-ray in the UK is Region B.

I know a lot of UK blu-rays are region free, but this one in particular is region locked (US/Japan is Region A).

It depends on the studio releasing the movie/ the distribution deals that are in place. Warner stuff is generally region free, while other stuff like UK Ghibli releases are not.

Scavenger

To be released on 2017-09-28 in Hong Kong:

YOUR NAME. (4K UHD+BD EDITION)
http://eshop.deltamac.com.hk/product.php?id=12523
MSRP: HK$329.00 (~US$43)
Audio Specifications: Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Cantonese DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Subtitles: English, Traditional Chinese
Special Features (Blu-ray):
Special TV Programme: "
Makoto Shinkai: A talent who is loved by Japan"
Opening Scene without credit: "
Dream Lantern"
Promotional Videos (Teasers + Trailers)
Makoto Shinkai Filmography
Capacity: UHD66 +BD50

YOUR NAME. (SPECIAL EDITION)
http://eshop.deltamac.com.hk/product.php?id=12521
MSRP: HK$279.00 (~US$36)
Audio Specifications: Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Cantonese DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Dream Lantern"
Capacity: 1xBD50

YOUR NAME. (BLU-RAY + ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK SPECIAL EDITION)
http://eshop.deltamac.com.hk/product.php?id=12522
MSRP: HK$279.00 (~US$36)
Dream Lantern"
Capacity: 1xBD50

Gitaroo

Looks like deltamac doesn't ahip world wide, dddhouse doesn't seem to have 4k version. Anywhere I can preorder at msrp without paying jack up price at places like yesasia or playasia?

Gitaroo

Looks like play asia got it for 40 + free shipping. How is everyone experience with them these day? I haven't bought anything from them for ages.

Scavenger

UK Zavvi and Alltheanime.com exclusive Deluxe Edition:
Zavvi - £49.99.
Alltheanime.com pre-orders will open up closer to the release date.

cEbSo8m.jpg

— What will it include?
You will get the following –
  • The film, Your Name, on both Blu-ray and DVD. (contents on the discs being identical to other versions we’re releasing – SEE HERE for details.)
  • The Japanese soundtrack CD by RADWIMPS
  • A 128 page Art Book
  • 10 Art Cards, one of these being uniquely numbered that will act as a certificate of authenticity
  • A folded A3 poster
  • and there might be one more additional item too, but we’re yet to confirm this at the time of writing (15th Sept. 2017). (More to follow as we can update.)

Height wise, this will be the same as Collector’s Edition style products of ours, so it will look nice and uniform on your shelf next to other releases in your collection. The release itself will come packed in a rigid case that will store all the contents noted above, including a digipack to hold the three discs (Blu-ray + DVD + CD).

— What’s in the Art Book
The contents of the 128-page art book are translated into English from the original Japanese release. Included in this book is the following –

• Cast and Music Interviews: these interviews with the Japanese voice cast RADWIMPS, the band who provided the soundtrack to the film.
  • Cross Talk: Japanese staff talk and roundtable discussion
  • Illustrations: Key visuals and a collection of illustrations for magazines and merchandise
  • Pre-Production Materials: The original proposal by director Makoto Shinkai; Your Name. started from here
  • Q&A with director Makoto Shinkai: this is massive, if we do say so ourselves. The amount of topics covered is pretty staggering! Well worth your time reading.

— Langage options on discs
As we’ve just updated in the other post (SEE HERE) we can confirm we are working to include the audio option of English language with the Japanese Soundtrack by RADWIMPS into our release. This means the language options in all of our releases will be as follows –
  • Japanese language (with English subtitles) with the Japanese version of the soundtrack by RADWIMPS
  • English language with the English version of the soundtrack by RADWIMPS
  • English language with the Japanese version of the soundtrack by RADWIMPS

Scavenger

Is it just me or is the 4k version pretty worth it? Is this region free?
The 4K disc is region free, because the 4K format doesn't have region coding. I don't know about the standard Blu-ray, but if their release of 'The Place Promised in Our Early Days' is any indication, then it will probably be region locked.

The 4K UHD on PlayAsia is like $109...

Ugh. I dont need it. I dont need it. I dont..need..it....
The Hong Kong 4K UHD is like $60 cheaper.

http://www.play-asia.com/your-name-4k-ultra-hdbd-edition-2-disc/13/70bijn
http://www.yesasia.com/us/your-name...glish-subtitled/1062092534-0-0-0-en/info.html
https://www.buyoyo.com/buyoyo/eng/ProductDisplay.do?prrfnbr=11600057&prtype=0

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
The 4K disc is region free, because the 4K format doesn't have region coding. I don't know about the standard Blu-ray, but if their release of 'The Place Promised in Our Early Days' is any indication, then it will probably be region locked.
Bummer. The additional language options would've made it a cool gift for family too.

Top Bottom