• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kimi no Na wa (Your Name) Collector's Edition back in stock at Amazon.jp

Kvik

4K UHD Blu-ray included, 5 Discs in total.

71aij%2B9dPEL._SL1500_.jpg

¥ 9,638

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B071KZC6CY/

Product specifications
107 minutes
- Main disc + 3 bonus discs + Ultra HD Blu-ray disc
Outer case included
- Directed by Makoto Shinkai, with characters designed by Masayoshi Tanaka, and with the visuals directed by Tanji Takumi for an all-star cast of talent, this digital pack contains six pieces of original artwork

Enclosed bonus
- 100 page booklet, pocket edition of the script, and miniature character stickers
The booklet selects featured cast and staff interviews from the wildly popular theatrical pamphlet.
It also contains a full Q&A with director Makoto Shinkai, which did not fit in the original pamphlet, as well as a collection of original illustrations appearing in magazines and merchandise. It's jam-packed with content at 100 pages!

Main disc: Blu-ray
Running Time: 107 min. + 46 min. of bonus footage
- Specifications: double layer (BD50G)/1080P High Definition/16:9 widescreen
Audio
(1) Japanese 5.1ch DTS-HD Master Audio
(2) Japanese 2.0ch DTS-HD Master Audio
(3) English opening song version 5.1ch DTS-HD Master Audio
(4) Audio guidance 2.0ch DTS-HS Master Audio
Subtitles: (1) Japanese (2) English (3) Chinese (4) English theme song
Bonus footage
Film release special bonus: "All of Japan is enchanted by Makoto Shinkai's prowess! "
These are the words of Ryunosuke Kamiki, who is utterly enthusiastic about director Makoto Shinkai's work!
Also comes packed with behind-the-scenes footage of in-depth talks with the star-studded cast of characters.
Featuring theme song in English
To celebrate the North American release, Yojiro Noda of RADWIMPS used a brand-new, original English theme song. Appears with subtitles.
- Promotional video collection (special announcement, trailer, TV appearances, etc.)
- Makoto Shinkai filmography
Footage of the past works of director Makoto Shinkai

[Main disc: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray]
Running Time: 107 min. + 5 min. of bonus footage
- Specifications: dual layer (BD66G)/4K 2160P/16:9 widescreen
Audio
(1) Japanese 5.1ch DTS-HD Master Audio
(2) Japanese 2.0ch DTS-HD Master Audio
(3) English opening song version 5.1ch DTS-HD Master Audio
(4) Audio guidance 2.0ch DTS-HS Master Audio
Subtitles: (1) Japanese (2) English (3) Chinese (4) English theme song
Bonus footage
- Promotional video collection (special announcements and trailers)
Featuring theme song in English

Bonus disc 1: Blu-ray -- 188 minutes
- Video storyboard
Video storyboards by Makoto Shinkai -- the very blueprints behind the work!
Your Name. Making-of Documentary
This documentary follows the backstory to the year this work spent in production.

[Bonus disc 2: Blu-ray] 124 minutes
- Visual commentary: Ryunosuke Kaminoki, Mone Kamishiraishi, RADWIMPS
Backstory to postdubbing and track creation, with rich visual commentary on behind-the-scenes episodes, played over the main story.
- Unused audio clips
The video clips featuring unused audio are exclusive unreleased content available only in the box set
Opening sequence without titles
Suntory Natural Mineral Water commercial
Sparkle (original version) Your Name. music video edition
A special music video edited together by director Makoto Shinkai for this new version

Bonus disc 3 (Blu-ray) 204 minutes
Lecture footage by director Makoto Shinkai on role of story in Your Name. and storytelling in contemporary life.
He talks about creating the story and the meaning behind each scene.
- Collection of event footage
(Press conference announcing release, world premiere at Anime Expo 2016, "Thanks to you!" public thanks for success of the project, Busan International Film Festival, Christmas and year-end special, choral event)

*Content and specifications subject to change. Thank you for your understanding.

I'll update the OP with the link to Amazon.com Collector's edition if anyone can point me to the right direction.

Does Amazon JP charge immediately? I want this really badly but I need to see how much for shipping to the USA.
No. When they ship, like all Amazon sites.

So this has English subtitles but not the English dub? Which disc, aside from the UHD disc, is the 3-disc collector's edition missing?

Ashhong

Oh ok. It's just that one time I tried preordering something from Amazon UK and it shortly got cancelled because of "insufficient funds".

It still does a authorization charge like every other online site. If you are buying with a debit card, it will probably actually remove the money for a period of time, and then refund it.

So this has English subtitles but not the English dub? Which disc, aside from the UHD disc, is the 3-disc collector's edition missing?

No English dub. That's correct.

Bonus disc 3 (Blu-ray) 204 minutes is missing from the 3-disc edition.

Oh, and don't expect the bonus discs to have subs.

Dang my wife is in Japan right now and comes back in two days so she'll miss the release date of this by a few days. Wonder if any shops break street date for the regular blu ray?

chrono01

Since the bonus discs (probably) won't have subtitles, I'm tempted to just wait for the North American release before I grab this.

But man, all of these extras...

Shiv47

Since the bonus discs (probably) won't have subtitles, I'm tempted to just wait for the North American release before I grab this.

If we're lucky, they'll release a deluxe edition here after the initial, no doubt bare bones release in order to milk the fanbase.

Kvik

If we're lucky, they'll release a deluxe edition here after the initial, no doubt bare bones release in order to milk the fanbase.

Sadly the Special edition they have up in Amazon.com is also unlocalised, by the looks of it. The booklet (and I presume, the bonus discs as well) is still in Japanese.

Madman in Australia will probably do a special edition on their own, whenever that may be.

chrono01

Sadly the Special edition they have up in Amazon.com is also unlocalised, by the looks of it. The booklet (and I presume, the bonus discs as well) is still in Japanese.

Madman in Australia will probably do a special edition on their own, whenever that may be.
Well this is disappointing. I wonder if we'll ever receive the bonus features with subtitles. Not sure what to do now. :/

Well this is disappointing. I wonder if we'll ever receive the bonus features with subtitles. Not sure what to do now. :/

The one up on Amazon is an import of the Japanese release :p
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072HMMB5J/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Format: Special Edition, Import
Subtitles: English, Chinese
Region: All Regions
Number of discs: 3
Studio: Imports

Scavenger

Oh that's a nice steelbook I like it. I know that the UK has a release date but has anything been announced for the U.S?
The date on Amazon is a placeholder. Not too long ago they confirmed that they haven't received the home video materials yet, so they're expecting to release it no later than February.

Gitaroo

I really want this for the uhd bd but would feel very stupid if they announce a Us version after I imported it.

I could've sworn that Funimation announced at Anime Expo that a US release will be inside 2017.

Can't even sign into my amazon account on that website. Gotta create a separate account, eh?

Gitaroo

I could've sworn that Funimation announced at Anime Expo that a US release will be inside 2017.

Can't even sign into my amazon account on that website. Gotta create a separate account, eh?

You can, I order stuffs from. Com and. Co.jp with the same account before.

Scavenger

New info on the UK Blu-ray/DVD release from the Anime Limited podcast of July 21:

It will be released before the Christmas period in a:
  • Standard Edition Blu-ray and DVD
  • Collector's Edition Blu-ray+DVD with CD
  • Deluxe Edition containing a book and more. Not yet finalized and approved.
No Ultimate Edition planned, but it's not off the table.

There was moderate disappointment over the extra's they've received. Andrew: "If you were expecting all the extras of the Japanese release, think again."

No 4K UHD release because it's not commercially viable. Access to the 4K master costs a 5-figure sum and would have bumped the price up significantly.

New info on the UK Blu-ray/DVD release from the Anime Limited podcast of July 21:

It will be released before Christmas in a:
  • Standard Edition Blu-ray and DVD
  • Collector's Edition Blu-ray+DVD with CD
  • Deluxe Edition containing a book and more. Not yet finalized and approved.
No Ultimate Edition planned, but it's not off the table.

There was moderate disappointment over the extra's they've received. Andrew: "If you were expecting all the extra's of the Japanese release, think again."

No 4K UHD release because it's not commercially viable. Access to the 4K master costs a 5-figure sum and would have bumped the price up significantly.

*sigh*

I can understand if it's not commercially viable, but it still sucks balls. I had no idea they had a 4K Master, i thought it would be a pure up-ress? When I saw it at the cinema there were multiple scenes where I was agog at the animation or just the look of the thing - no coincidence some ex Ghibli people worked on it - and it would certainly be worthy of a 4K Release...yet 1080p it will be. I loved the film but I'm not sure I love any film enough to pay £60 odd + p&p for a release with multiple superfluous copies.

I'm looking forward to the release of A Silent Voice though. I kept seeing the poster on the underground at Waterloo and heard good things about it: the idea of the story focusing around a deaf girl was intriguing slightly because i'm deaf in one ear - but it just looked cool in general.

Scavenger

I had no idea they had a 4K Master, i thought it would be a pure up-ress?
The 4K master = the uprezzed master.

I loved the film but I'm not sure I love any film enough to pay £60 odd + p&p for a release with multiple superfluous copies.
NeoFilms/Deltamac is working on a UHD release for Hong Kong, but they haven't given any details yet. If the HK DVD that's coming out next week is any indication, the HK UHD release will be most likely cheaper than the JP release and will have English+Traditional Chinese subtitles / Japanese+Cantonese audio.

Gitaroo

The 4K master = the uprezzed master.

NeoFilms/Deltamac is working on a UHD release for Hong Kong, but they haven't given any details yet. If the HK DVD that's coming out next week is any indication, the HK UHD release will be most likely cheaper than the JP release and will have English+Traditional Chinese subtitles / Japanese+Cantonese audio.

any idea where I can get this HK version for decent price at atleast msrp+shipping?

Scavenger

any idea where I can get this HK version for decent price at atleast msrp+shipping?
The UHD and standard Blu-ray aren't up for pre-order yet, but if you're looking for the DVD version you can get it for 125 HKD (US$16) from DDDHouse.com or 109 HKD (US$14) from Buyoyo.com. I have used DDDHouse once and had a good experience. Haven't tried Buyoyo yet.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Just received my collector edition, I'm very curious to see if they actually took the time to do some a real HDR color grading on it or not.
Excited to see the movie again, whatever they did :)

Kvik

You got yours already Blim? That was fast. Mine's still on its way :-\

They actually just shipped it out today for whatever reason.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
You got yours already Blim? That was fast. Mine's still on its way :-\

They actually just shipped it out today for whatever reason.

It shipped on Monday morning (afternoon in Japan I guess) from cdjapan. 2 days DHL shipping, so perfectly on time :)

Top Bottom