• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance ─ 5 Years Anniversary Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

KingdomComeDeliverance, a story-driven open-world RPG by Warhorse Studios, released on the 13th of February 2018, is celebrating its 5th anniversary today!

The game would never see the light of day without the support of our backers and loyal community throughout the whole development. Thank you. And cheers to everyone who stumbled upon Henry’s story and enjoyed his adventures!

Without a home, family, or future you end up in the service of Lord Radzig Kobyla, who is forming a resistance against the invasion. Fate drags you into this bloody conflict and shoves you into a raging civil war, where you help fight for the future of Bohemia. Redeem your past and emerge a hero!

intbal

I started this and put maybe 4 hours into it. Got sidetracked with other things for a few weeks. When I tried to resume playing, it was overwhelming. Couldn't figure out how to do anything. Would need to start over. Didn't want to do that, so I never returned to it.

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

Kindela

Banned
I just started playing this a few days ago. The atmosphere, dialog and the presentation are really engaging. The story is as well so far.
I get where they're coming from with the combat, but I still find it confusing and like my attacks are delayed. To be fair I've just finished the opening sequence.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I tried to play it, but the story and world was so boring. I gave up. I also heard that the combat sucks.
Ironically, to me the world is more interesting than most "fantastical" RPGs out there. I really enjoy its three-dimensional depth in what could be perceived as a "boring" world at the surface. The game is completely void of actual sci-fi elements and still managed to capture my attention like very few other games do. And the combat is janky..but still much more enjoyable than most one-button action rpgs I know (it takes some time and patience to master though). The story is also somewhat janky..but it's grounded, human-like, has a lot of heart, soul and even comedic value, so I'd also still put it ahead of the stories in most soul-less "AAA" games out there.

KC2 can't arrive quick enough..

Last edited:
I loved it for 10 hours but having to eat and sleep etc was too much to keep up with. Massive respect for it, though.

Last edited:

shubik

Man, I got my hopes up for a next-gen patch... Would love to play it but it is waaaay to sluggish on PS5

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Master PIECE. People who complain about combat probably never got too far into the game. You supposed to start as someone who never hold a sword in your life, that's why it sucks at the beginning. You need to put in the work!

They just released Czech and Japanese VO, I might go for another run with native Czech voices.

Also, patch that shit for console players so they can experience greatness!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Got as far as having to use the lockpicks for a quest, and broke them all with no way to get more since the mechanic was so abysmally bad. Not sure if i missed something somewhere, but that was it for me, and i shelved it lol

Last edited:
Got as far as having to use the lockpicks for a quest, and broke them all with no way to get more since the mechanic was so abysmally bad. Not sure if i missed something somewhere, but that was it for me, and i shelved it lol
That's a common wall many people run up against, as it happens.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I think theres a mod for PC for lockpics..its really the worst mechanic in any videogame so far and ruins the KD experience for me

It's brain-dead easy on mouse. I remember playing on Xbox and it was impossible for me to do it on a controller.

I can understand why some hate the combat but it's simply a matter of getting gud. Personally, I would've went with 3rd person combat in the vein of Hellish Quart, but Kingdom Come's combat is perfectly playable once you understand the mechanics. I admit, the controls are easy to forget if you're not constantly playing, so it's brutal to jump back in if you decide to take a break.

Great game though. I hope they announce a sequel, or at least a new project soon. As long as Daniel Vavra is involved, it's guaranteed to be a good experience.

Game was jank in a fun good way but Jesus was it a slog to play though. I put in a crazy number of hours and I don't even think I saw half the map and story. At some point I checked a guide to see where I was on the main story, realized I had a ton more to go, and just tapped out. A lot of good things but there is only so much I can take before it starts turning from game to chore.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Great game. It made a refreshing change to play a historical RPG.

It's a shame we probably won't get a sequel due to the unjust controversy the first game received.

Havoc2049

Great game, with an old school western RPG sensibility that made it feel fresh. The combat is deep and doesn't hold your hand. If your looking for a deep and rewarding experience, Kingdom Come Deliverance is great.

Top Bottom