• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come Deliverance n all it's expansions r $12 on Steam til Feb 14

svbarnard

Banned
Microsoft recently had this game on sale for $10 so I decided to pick it up and give it a shot and holy shit it sucked me in and I can't stop playing it. I haven't been this addicted to a video game since when I first played world of Warcraft back when I was 17 (I'm 33 now). It's a lot like elder scrolls Skyrim because of the first person view but the graphics are a true generational leap over Skyrim. Walking around at night time with a torch is really nice.

For those of you complaining about 30FPS well if you played Elder Scrolls Skyrim on the Xbox 360 or PS3 well guess what you were playing at 30FPS.

I had to make this thread because someone made this thread https://www.neogaf.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-royal-edition-is-9-99-on-xbox.1628708/ if someone hadn't made this thread I wouldn't be playing Kingdom Come Deliverance right now.

Just a heads up the combat is difficult at first but there is a learning curve and you will get better if you keep practicing. Also if you are playing on controller it's extremely hard to lock pick at first but again there is a learning curve and you will get better at it, especially when you get your lock picking skill to level 3, there is a perk at level 3 that makes your lock picks last twice as long so you don't break them. It's taken me just under 25 hours to finally get the hang of this game but those 25 hours flew by because I was so engrossed in it. I can see myself putting north of 100 hours into this game, it's very dense with many things to do.

It's hard at first but keep trying it gets easier there's a learning curve to it. There is one bug where when you practice with Captain Bernard my sword disappeared it doesn't happen with everyone, but it looks like they did not fix every single bug. Still, I haven't been this hooked on a game since 2004 (that's when I first played World of Warcraft).

I hope they make the sequel next-gen only and I hope they can make the graphics look even better and improve the physics and I think the sequel could be a huge hit!

Prepare to be immersed in the medieval age!

Last edited:

Aion002

The Original Series Yes GIF by Star Trek

Great game indeed.

Denton

FYI currently the DLC Amorous Adventures of Sir Hans Capon is free on Steam to celebrate the game's fourth anniversary as well as valentine's day.

When you play this DLC, do not buy the potion from the charlatan, it skips a great quest.
And buy rest of the DLCs if you haven't already, they round out the game nicely.

Pop

Nice

Played it way back on console, now I'll enjoy it on my pc. What a great game. Totally worth the price

Aion002

When did you play it? PC or console?
I bought it last week on the Series S and I am playing right now. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

It plays great on it, no crashes and solid 30 fps + fast loadings.

It is a little blurry since it is running the Xbox One version, but still looks great. I am close to 30 hours in it and I just won my second tournament in Rattay, after the Tournament a sore loser tried to ambush me with a poisoned sword outside of the town...

barack obama GIF

And I got a new sword. :messenger_face_steam:

Last edited:

Denton

sore loser tried to ambush me with a poisoned sword outside of the town...
I totally fell into his trap though, was riding my horse galloping and sudenly I see some wire too late and off the horse I go..just barely managed to kill him. Awesome moment.

Got it for free on the Epic store but I did purchase the DLC later because it was a really good game. Just a bit too easy once you're halfway through the game.

svbarnard

Banned
Apart from the bug where Captain Bernard stole my sword I give this game a 10 out of 10.

I really hope they make the sequel next-gen only and I hope it has true next-gen graphics that we're all salivating for!!!!! I hope the sequel has next-gen graphics and next-gen physics and I believe the sequel could be a huge hit!!!! Because I'm having so much fun right now.

Had this on a my backlog for so long but started playing after seeing a couple of threads pop up here. From the few hours I played, I could tell this I'm going to put 100+ hours into this. Also, if you are on PC, there is a mod that REALLY help smooth out performance.

Top Bottom