• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

I can't 1 turn some of the new proud quests :(

Luckily some of the ones they changed I did all the objectives already...

I do as many of the objectives as I can and usually revisit those stages when I have stronger medals, particularly when we have 0ap campaigns. Not worth trying to 1-turn everything when you don't have to/can't do it currently.

None of you got this joke? I guess there are no Earthbound fans here. :(

Flew over my head as I thought that the name was a good one. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, I named mine Braska for obvious reasons...

NKnight7

Neo Member
It's still coming.

EDIT:

DKwWtM4VoAEEepq.png:small

DKwXumqWkAEwr0s.png:small

Probably the last banner I'll pull on until the Tier 7 medals come out, I'm lacking in a good medal that deals 1 hit. Besides, the theme that plays when you share FF Xion is one of my favorite KH themes.

The only reason I want to pull for Xion Ex/FF Xion is to do the HSC for Ariel(if they do the HSC for her)
"Raises strength by 6 tiers for 1 turn. Lowers target's defense by 1 tier for 1 turn. Restores 5 gauges." cost 0 sp as well. Could replace buffer medal and ikairi2 with this.

I never got 0.2 Kairi, so this would actually be very useful for me.

Munti

Until now I always invested in the avatar boards that gave 5x gems as I think it will help me in the long term.
Is that really a good investment? Now I see the new Xion banner and I'm not sure if I should try that or buy again gem-boards.

Also don't forget!: With the new update there's a new avatar board that increases your cost-max for 40 points!

Famassu

Up to a point, yes, investing on gems is better than shitty pulls, but if you've got keyblades at around lvl 30, you gotta have some good medals, so at that point I'd start putting focus on pulls and less on gems.

Also, why does this game hate me? I did like, 20 medal meldings with some <Tier 4 medals. None of them gave me Extra Attack, so I started melding the better medals thinking Extra Attack MUST happen within a medal meld or 3.

Got Sleep Resistance for Malificent Dragon (on top of the already amazing poison resistance, neither of which has ever worked for me), Def +2000 for IlluKHIIKairi and no Extra Attack for Lion Sora in several attempts.. And right after melding the last Lion Sora I got the Extra Attack for fucking Joshua. JOSHUA! EF THIS GEIMU.

Munti

Got Sleep Resistance for Malificent Dragon (on top of the already amazing poison resistance, neither of which has ever worked for me), Def +2000 for IlluKHIIKairi and no Extra Attack for Lion Sora in several attempts.. And right after melding the last Lion Sora I got the Extra Attack for fucking Joshua. JOSHUA! EF THIS GEIMU.

I got EA on Lion Sora after the first melding :p. Also on Kairi 0.2. But for real, I'm sorry for you

Psxphile

The 3K jewel gift is live, check your gift boxes. Though it says it's for region support (Latin American is now supported) so not completely sure this is the same 3K we were promised last month.

Also, this:
DK31LaiWkAAX3AE.jpg:small

As mentioned in the patch notes and per the new update, if you stopped playing the game for more than 60 days you'll be given incentive quests to complete and a reward of 3000 jewels when you return.

Razmos

Hmm there is a livestream about the game tomorrow, regarding new updates. I wonder if they are going to just talk about the recent update or if they will be talking about future ones

I do as many of the objectives as I can and usually revisit those stages when I have stronger medals, particularly when we have 0ap campaigns. Not worth trying to 1-turn everything when you don't have to/can't do it currently.

I'm referring to the ones that they changed to have bosses in them.

I'm referring to the ones that they changed to have bosses in them.

Gotcha though I’ve applied the same thought with bosses as well. Sometimes you really just need to wait for good enough medals to complete them, have done that many times with any of the Foretellers (Ava and Ira come to mind) or like the Enraged Elk/Snowman.

Hmm there is a livestream about the game tomorrow, regarding new updates. I wonder if they are going to just talk about the recent update or if they will be talking about future ones

Last time they talked about updates coming a month later. It's how we found out about Roxas Ex being paired with HD Xion.

So we might get a glimpse at the next Ex medals, but the rest of tier 6 Ex medals aren't really worth getting imo.

After this banner, everyone should just start saving for tier 7.

Last time they talked about updates coming a month later. It's how we found out about Roxas Ex being paired with HD Xion.

So we might get a glimpse at the next Ex medals, but the rest of tier 6 Ex medals aren't really worth getting imo.

After this banner, everyone should just start saving for tier 7.

Well, it wouldn't hurt to wait a little bit longer to pull. It's not like this banner will disappear tomorrow lol.

deanote666

The pet system broke the coliseum.

I had about topped out around round 500 in tier 14.

Now I'm finding new ways to 1 turn everything around round 750 in tier 14.

I'm about 200 rounds to reach the top 100 and that keeps going up.

I went back and did the magic gem challenge and didn't even need to turtle.

LM Jack Skellington
Tier: 7
Attribute: Upright Speed
Gauges: 7
Multiplier: 19.80x
Ability: [ST] Buffs SPEED ATK by 7 tiers for 1 turn. Restores 4 gauges.
Hits: 11

5 pull mercy.

Tier 7 medals are insane. Everyone should just skip tier 6 lol.

Tier 7 medals are insane. Everyone should just skip tier 6 lol.
Now that we have the Xion EX/FF banner, is there anything else major that will come out between now and iKairi EX? I think that is the next big meta step up (as Kairi medals kinda tend to be).

I just hit 0 jewels again after getting a mercy FF Xion. As a f2per, saving up again is basically all I can do anyways. :p

deanote666

I'm hoping for some ABXL in next month's coliseum but it will be awhile before we get the 100% version...

Funny how my aerial def -60% is doing more damage on ground enemies than my ground def -60% medals on some enemies. Even in round 900+ in tier 14 in the coliseum.

Tier 15 or bust! The top 100 are officially tier 15 only. Currently round 927/999 in tier 14.

Edit: 956/999

Now that we have the Xion EX/FF banner, is there anything else major that will come out between now and iKairi EX? I think that is the next big meta step up (as Kairi medals kinda tend to be).

I just hit 0 jewels again after getting a mercy FF Xion. As a f2per, saving up again is basically all I can do anyways. :p

Kairi Ex for global will most likely be horrible if it's the same as JP. I imagine they will do some BS move like tier 5+(or maybe tier 6+ if we are really lucky) falling price for her when she comes out in global

If it isn't tier 6+ pull or something better, she won't be worth pulling imo. Would be better to just save jewels.

The Toon medals have the "Increases target's count by 1." ability but idk if they are really worth getting.
FF Xion is the last mercy pull worth getting before Tier 7. imo
Tier 6 EX medals are obviously still really good if they were easier to get, but with how awful the chances are to get them. It's better to save for the Foretellers.
Everyone should be saving for them. lol. I started saving ever since they came out in JP.
I might not even pull for FF Xion. But I kinda want Ariel from the HSC.

Fauve

Are there any must-have mercy pull medals coming after FF Xion? I had originally planned on mercying her but I've decided against doing so with the speed at which new medals are coming in. If a great medal is coming soon I'd rather save for that instead.

Fauve

http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Medal
Go to Japanese medals and look at medals after FF Xion. You can see all medals coming afterwards.

Short answer. No there isn't.

That's a good list, thanks for the link. Those foretellers seem really good though (Ava in particular) and they seem to have been available through mercy. I think I may save up for Ava who was a 15 pull mercy (ouch) in Japan. I'm at 25k jewels right now so a little more than halfway there. Hopefully I'll be able to gather enough for it by the time she is released.

Famassu

1 extra medal + def -60% traits + def debuff medals with extra attack completely trivialize Colisseum enemies. Still hitting 50-80k per hit with multihit tier 3 medals with -60% trait far into tier 14. Shame they don't give anything worth fighting for past getting to top 10 000 until the top 1000, which I'm sure I wouldn't be able to crack. They really need to improve the rewards between tiers. Dumb that you get 1 mirror and cid more for getting from 10 000 to 2500.

That's a good list, thanks for the link. Those foretellers seem really good though (Ava in particular) and they seem to have been available through mercy. I think I may save up for Ava who was a 15 pull mercy (ouch) in Japan. I'm at 25k jewels right now so a little more than halfway there. Hopefully I'll be able to gather enough for it by the time she is released.

Ava is the one I want the most.
I'm scared SENA will make her a nonmercy. Or might make a 20 pull.
Although I'd rather have 20 pull mercy than no mercy tbh. lol..

deanote666

1 extra medal + def -60% traits + def debuff medals with extra attack completely trivialize Colisseum enemies. Still hitting 50-80k per hit with multihit tier 3 medals with -60% trait far into tier 14. Shame they don't give anything worth fighting for past getting to top 10 000 until the top 1000, which I'm sure I wouldn't be able to crack. They really need to improve the rewards between tiers. Dumb that you get 1 mirror and cid more for getting from 10 000 to 2500.

I know what you mean! I went from around round 500 in tier 14 to round 61 in tier 15.

I managed to snag the 100th place in the last 3 minutes of the tournament! Whether I was able to hold the spot for those 3 minutes will be made apparent when the awards come.

First time in the top 100 if I made it!

They really need more coliseum boards...

Edit: The reward for the October coliseum is
Attack boost V

In case you guys didn't notice, because the month rolled over in the middle of the weekend, the raid boss and rewards board changed. So if you've already gotten the rewards, you can now get more.

Totally forgot to do coli last month... Feels kinda bad man despite keeping busy with all the other stuff. I feel like there's just almost too much stuff to keep up everything + coli every month.

Totally forgot to do coli last month... Feels kinda bad man despite keeping busy with all the other stuff. I feel like there's just almost too much stuff to keep up everything + coli every month.

I mean it shot up anyhow because of pets.

Also it was only DB1 & DB2 max. Which are good, but not the most groundbreaking thing in the world.

I am a Free-to-Play player with ~15000 jewels right now. Should I spend it to try to get FF Xion, spend the jewels on something else, or save them for the future?

I already have Xion HD and 0.2 Kairi. Will FF Xion be a good addition?

Currently have 40k jewels saved up.
Thinking of pulling for FF Xion, however if I pull for FF Xion, I think I won't be able to do two 15 pull mercies for the foretellers. Will only be able to do one.
So am debating if I want a good medal now, or two real good medals later.

I am a Free-to-Play player with ~15000 jewels right now. Should I spend it to try to get FF Xion, spend the jewels on something else, or save them for the future?

I already have Xion HD and 0.2 Kairi. Will FF Xion be a good addition?

Save for Ava
http://www.khunchainedx.com/wiki/Ava_HD_Ver_(EX)

HD Zexion
Attribute: Reversed Magic
Gauges: 3
Multiplier: 9.82x ~ 11.88x
Ability: [AOE] Buffs PSM ATK by 4 tiers for 2 turns. Buffs PSM DEF by 2 tiers for 2 turns. Debuffs the enemies’ GEN ATK by 1 tier for 2 turns. Debuffs the enemies’ GDD by 1 tier for 2 turns. Damage scales with more special gauges remaining.
Hits: 7

This is actually a really good medal.
Shame that it is 7 hits. :/

HD Zexion
Ability: [AOE] Buffs PSM ATK by 4 tiers for 2 turns. Buffs PSM DEF by 2 tiers for 2 turns. Debuffs the enemies' GEN ATK by 1 tier for 2 turns. Debuffs the enemies' GDD by 1 tier for 2 turns. Damage scales with more special gauges remaining.

Is this the first offensive medal that lowers enemy strength?

HD Zexion
Ability: [AOE] Buffs PSM ATK by 4 tiers for 2 turns. Buffs PSM DEF by 2 tiers for 2 turns. Debuffs the enemies’ GEN ATK by 1 tier for 2 turns. Debuffs the enemies’ GDD by 1 tier for 2 turns. Damage scales with more special gauges remaining.

Funny enough, that 7 hits/3 gauges is definitely helpful for proud mode lol.

NKnight7

Neo Member
HD Zexion
Ability: [AOE] Buffs PSM ATK by 4 tiers for 2 turns. Buffs PSM DEF by 2 tiers for 2 turns. Debuffs the enemies' GEN ATK by 1 tier for 2 turns. Debuffs the enemies' GDD by 1 tier for 2 turns. Damage scales with more special gauges remaining.

I was lacking in a good reverse magic medal with the JP version, so I went ahead and got it. With this and Ava EX, I think you can reasonably turtle through most quests now. This'll be especially useful with the Hades Cup for instance.

Anyone else notice the story mission AP requirement decrease? Didn't they used to be over 20 AP per mission?

I'm happy they did decrease the AP as that at least 25 AP per level was just not sustainable if you wanted to actually play more than 5 levels aside from doing other things.

Psxphile

Anyone else notice the story mission AP requirement decrease? Didn't they used to be over 20 AP per mission?

Lowered AP costs for Story quests was one of the improvements from the update. It was mentioned when JP was patched but our patch notes didn't say anything about it.

Lowered AP costs for Story quests was one of the improvements from the update. It was mentioned when JP was patched but our patch notes didn't say anything about it.

SENA gonna be like
"We've noticed that the story quest AP cost have been lowered by mistake, we apologize for this inconvenience and will be removing 300 jewels from your account. Thank you."

Top Bottom