• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land coming to Nintendo Switch in Spring 2022

Well definitely adding this to my list of 2022 games. Hopefully BOTW2 shows up next year as well...

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Can I just highlight again that Banjo is coming to NSO? Why stop there unless this was agreed when the Smash deal was made. Hope all N64 Rare games end up on it (probably minus Goldeneye due to licensing). Give us Donkey Konga 64 you frauds.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
my highlight. Didn't expect them to do a 3D Kirby game. Took them long enough.

CamHostage

Like the Kirbymari Damacy porcupine power. (Plus, big-eye surprise Kirby is cute.)

RcT6YzY.jpg

Visually simple, but should be fun.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

When I first saw the trailer I was like "yeah, fuck this", but upon rewatching I might have dismissed it a wee bit hasty. It actually looks very good. And fun. Kirby has never appealed to me but this might be the first time he managed to raise one of my eyebrows. Gonna keep a close watch to this.

Last edited:

Bakkus

It's nice that Kirby finally gets a 3D game; What's not as nice is that he seems to lack any new features in his moveset. The gameplay was drastically changed when Mario, Zelda and Metroid went 3D. This? No change seemingly other than it being in 3D. The level design and visuals also look pretty meh.

Notabueno

Banned
Not convinced at all. Looks rough as of now, but so do all games from the Direct. Is the Switch REALLY starting to get obsolete in terms of graphics?

Banned
finally a 3D Kirby game after what feels like 200 2D games!

and stop besmirching Kirby's name by comparing his games to shit like TLoU please... our little pink ball doesn't deserve such heresy!

Aldric

It's nice that Kirby finally gets a 3D game; What's not as nice is that he seems to lack any new features in his moveset. The gameplay was drastically changed when Mario, Zelda and Metroid went 3D. This? No change seemingly other than it being in 3D. The level design and visuals also look pretty meh.
Nintendo games never show the full extent of gameplay mechanics in the first trailer. Mario Odyssey's first trailer didn't even show the capture mechanic for ex which is at the center of most interactions. I'd be very surprised if we saw everything Kirby is capable of in this trailer.

carlosrox

Banned
Nintendo games never show the full extent of gameplay mechanics in the first trailer. Mario Odyssey's first trailer didn't even show the capture mechanic for ex which is at the center of most interactions. I'd be very surprised if we saw everything Kirby is capable of in this trailer.

Yup. Nintendo has definitely been doing this thing for years now where their first trailers for their games are basically just announcement trailers that show little of what the game has to offer.

Basically trailer 2 or 3 is where they really start to show what the game will be like.

daclynk

Not convinced at all. Looks rough as of now, but so do all games from the Direct. Is the Switch REALLY starting to get obsolete in terms of graphics?
every Nintendo game first reveal doent always look great visually but they just polished b4 lunch. I can believe people always forgets this.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Nothing like a good Kirby game
Or a good Yoshi game

Kirby and the Forgotten Land kind of reminds me of Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards with a bit of what Super Mario Odyssey did with Mario

Top Bottom