• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby's Dream Buffet announced, coming this Summer to Switch

Davevil

200w.gif

Aldric

Fall Guys with probably more movement options and an added collectathon aspect since the win condition seems to be based on how much food you eat. Looks pretty damn fun, if the price is reasonable I'm in.

jaysius

Banned
Roll through a smorgasbord of food-themed stages in 4 rounds of 4-player* fun as Kirby…who seems rounder than usual? Race through delicious obstacle courses to collect strawberries as Kirby grows. Then, turn the tides in the final round—a fruity fight atop a floating platform.
- Roll through delicious, food-themed obstacle courses in 4-player matches
- Collect strawberries to grow bigger and prepare for the final battle
Eshop Page.

DOA. It was fun for a second to think Nintendo might have had a good idea.

Last edited:
Nintendo has been putting Kirby in a variety of different games going back to the Super Nintendo. Defining what a "Kirby game" is is kind of tough in that regard. Honestly, I'm not sure there really is such thing as a Kirby game because of that.
I don’t think it's that difficult.

Using Mario as an example again, Super Mario Bros, Mario 64, Mario 3D World and Mario Maker 2 would all be Mario games. Mario Kart, Mario Strikers and Super Smash Bros would not.

Walter Matthau

Gold Member
I think Nintendo could have made a bit more off of this as an NSO title with cosmetic DLC. Maybe they didn't think they had enough content here to justify that type of approach.

CamHostage

Actually this looks like Kirby Fall Guys.

Sort of, but HAL do differentiate it nicely. It's 4-players instead of just a big melee (and unfortunately it's not online, correction, apparently it is online) and there's power-ups, plus a marble-brawl at the end. More a multiplayer party game for home than Fall Guys' online mass-match game, although there's influences all over both products.

(*I never played Fall Guys, so if any of that stuff is in there and I didn't know, please correct me.)

Last edited:

Andyliini

Gold Member
Sort of, but HAL do differentiate it nicely. It's 4-players instead of just a big melee (and unfortunately it's not online,) and there's power-ups, plus a marble-brawl at the end. More a multiplayer party game for home than Fall Guys' online mass-match game, although there's influences all over both products.

(*I never played Fall Guys, so if any of that stuff is in there and I didn't know, please correct me.)
Uhh... This game has online support, says so on Nintendo website.

Top Bottom