• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirk Douglas, Hollywood legend and star of Spartacus, dies aged 103

B001BO5B6C_pathsofglory_UXMG1._SX1080_.jpg

Actor Kirk Douglas, a star of Hollywood’s golden age who was best known for his starring role in Spartacus, has died at the age of 103.

His son Michael announced the news in a statement to People Magazine on Thursday.

“To the world, he was a legend, an actor from the golden age of movies who lived well into his golden years, a humanitarian whose commitment to justice and the causes he believed in set a standard for all of us to aspire to,” the statement said.
“But to me and my brothers Joel and Peter he was simply Dad, to Catherine, a wonderful father-in-law, to his grandchildren and great grandchild their loving grandfather, and to his wife Anne, a wonderful husband.”

“Kirk’s life was well lived, and he leaves a legacy in film that will endure for generations to come, and a history as a renowned philanthropist who worked to aid the public and bring peace to the planet,” Michael said. “Let me end with the words I told him on his last birthday and which will always remain true. Dad- I love you so much and I am so proud to be your son.”

He is survived by his wife, Anne Buydens, and his three sons: Michael, Joel, and Eric.
Source: The Guardian

Last edited:
Issur Danielovitch Demsky, please.

Death is always saddening, but yes this guy had probably logged more than his fair share of flight hours. I miss David Bowie.

And yes, Rest In Peace. Great innings.

Did not know he was still alive! RIP

Was watching Komisky Method recently and was thinking how damn old Michael Douglas is now. Did not know his dad was still alive too!

Outpost #31

103...Amazing!
Always liked him. My mom was always a big fan of him too.
Rest in Peace, legend.

Last edited:
103! what a life he had lived. RIP to such a legendary actor. I remember my first time seeing him was in 20000 Leagues Under The Sea and he left a very deep impression for sure. I really should watch more movies that he stared in.

Rest in peace sir. Spartacus is one of my favorite films, the “I am Spartacus” scene brought me to tears more than once. I need to rewatch it along with some other films on his.

mcz117chief

Every year I was like "Kirk is eternal, that man will never die", I guess it was bound to happen. He was the real man.

Tesseract

Banned
rip, incredible genes on display but time and the decays of nature catch up to us all

bad ass name by the way

Last edited:
Top Bottom