• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knockout City - Official Season 1 Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Welcome to a new kind of dodgeball in Knockout City™. Join the brawlfest during the limited-time Block Party and be ready for Season 1.

Crew up, grab a dodgeball, and dominate the streets. Anyone can jump in and be a master of the ball in no time, on any platform. There are no special powers or locked features here; it’s just you and your skills against an endless wave of rivals.

The Block Party starts on May 21 at 8 a.m. ET and lasts until May 30 at 8 a.m. ET, and starting on May 25, you can even experience all of the new Season 1 features! When the Block Party ends, upgrade to the full game and hold onto everything you’ve earned so far.

Once you’ve gotten a taste for the action and the Block Party comes to a close, you’ll be more than ready for Knockout City Season 1. Unlock a new map, competitive league play, weekly crew contracts (with epic rewards!), new game modes, cosmetics, and much more!

Plus, if you convert to the full game before the Block Party ends, you’ll keep your progress and unlock exclusive rewards. See you on the streets, brawlers!

Knockout City launches May 21, 2021, with cross-play and cross-progression across PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 through backwards compatibility.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Knockout City brings more to the table than you might expect, but still leaves a couple of much-needed ingredients at home. As a result, it’s fate as a multiplayer game is unclear.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

hd remake GIF

McCheese

I thought this looked shite, but spotted it was on overwhelmingly positive in Steam.

They fucked up somewhere as I've not seen a single review.

me0wish

I thought this looked shite, but spotted it was on overwhelmingly positive in Steam.

They fucked up somewhere as I've not seen a single review.
Only people that bought the game can review it, hence someone like me, who tried the demo and moved on, can't.

Alx

I guess very few people have bought the game yet since the free trial is still running. It will be interesting to see how the game will fare after it ends.

packy34

I guess very few people have bought the game yet since the free trial is still running. It will be interesting to see how the game will fare after it ends.
It's free for everyone until level 25 now. Once people get a taste, they'll want to keep playing. It's fun. Smart move by EA.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Knockout City reviewed by Jarrett Green on PlayStation 5. Narrated by Casey Defrietas. Also available on PS4, Xbox, PC, and Switch.

"Knockout City is one of the best team-based PvP games to come out in years. It's a fresh take on the American schoolyard staple that proves that lowering the mechanical bar for entry doesn't have to come at the cost of deep tactical gameplay. Every match has the potential to be a dynamic "combat" experience that even the most hard-boiled shooter fan can appreciate, all thanks to the clever balance between throws and catches, exciting special balls, and well-designed maps to brawl through."

Allforce

This game could be hot with the right team, but after 10 or so matches I'm ready to smash a controller and delete. It's everything I hate about modern multiplayer games, that being you jump in and are immediately just destroyed by people 100x your level who've been dissecting the game since release.

And of course they start you with bots I'm sure since I was the MVP of my first match without even playing the tutorial and thought "wow this is pretty awesome I'm gonna carry on...". Wrong answer.

This game could be hot with the right team, but after 10 or so matches I'm ready to smash a controller and delete. It's everything I hate about modern multiplayer games, that being you jump in and are immediately just destroyed by people 100x your level who've been dissecting the game since release.

And of course they start you with bots I'm sure since I was the MVP of my first match without even playing the tutorial and thought "wow this is pretty awesome I'm gonna carry on...". Wrong answer.
Isn't that how all multiplayer games that reward skill end up being?

Games like these are always better with a replay system and I wouldn't be surprised if it's on the cards.

dezzy8

Game is easy As hell when you have a team who sticks together and pass. This game relies heavy on teamwork to win.

abcdrstuv

Banned
Anyone have tech trouble with this? Started it up for the first time, I move a few steps forward and it skips and puts me back where I was..

Top Bottom