• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei Tecmo Announces Strong Financial Results & Teases New Games; Sales of Atelier Sophie 2 & More Announced

Bullet Club

Koei Tecmo Announces Strong Financial Results & Teases New Games; Sales of Atelier Sophie 2 & More Announced​

Today Koei Tecmo announced its Financial Results for the Fiscal Year which ended on March 31, 2022.

Sales for the whole company were 72.759 billion yen, up 20.5% year-on-year, while operating income was 34.527 billion yen, up 41.5% year-on-year. These are described by the company as record results.

The Entertainment business, which includes video games, saw sales of 68.811 billion yen and profit at 33.827 billion yen, showing significant growth on both fronts.

We also hear that Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires has shipped 280,000 units, while Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream has passed 200,000 units sold.

In the future, Koei Tecmo intends to continue its plans to become the “world’s number one entertainment content” aiming to achieve both quality and customer satisfaction, while also pursuing growth and profitability.

Starting with the current fiscal year, the company has launched its new medium-term management plan that aims to achieve 100 billion yen of yearly sales and operating income at 40 billion yen by the fiscal year that ends on March 2025.

The priority goal to achieve that remains the previously announced will to launch a game capable to sell 5 million units and games able to achieve 2 million units sold every fiscal year.

Specifically, in the current fiscal year (ending in March 2023), the company intends to continue its policy of “creating and developing global IP” that has driven profit growth for 12 consecutive years.

In the Entertainment business, the plan is to launch a large new game for console (or games, as usual Japanese doesn’t distinguish between plural and singular, even if from the context I’m inclined to believe they’re talking about one specific game) on top of multiple new titles, on top of new smartphone games.

A new IP Business department will be launched to promote IP development and licensing, on top of a new subsidiary in Shanghai to expand Koei Tecmo’s reach in China.

If you’d like to compare, you can check out the previous financial results announcement from January in our dedicated article.

Source: Twinfinite

Ezquimacore

Banned
It's time
ninja-gaiden-flying-swallow.gif

Kusarigama

Recent remastered trilogy of Ninja Gaiden games kind of strongly suggests that they might indeed be working on making a new entry in the series, here's hoping for a badass return for Ryu Hayabusa. Love their action games Ninja Gaiden and Nioh 💙

CosmicComet

Ryu is too awesome

i like every game of Ninja Gaiden... even the 3rd game.

Yeah I never played Vanilla 3. But I enjoyed Razors Edge. It was the first time Ryu seemed to have some character development and they portrayed him well as the conflicted hero willing to make big sacrifices.

This song suited him well:

I felt like overall Ryu came out looking like a huge bad ass who will always clinch victory no matter the odds in the story.

Top Bottom