• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOF XV Official Reveal !!

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Add some new stages.
ik4L9Jb.jpg
I share the desire for more stages but anamused cat is hillarious. My top five requests if it were to happen would be:

1. Fatal Fury 3 Dock Stage
fatalfury3-stage-sound-beach.gif

2. Art of Fighting 2 Gym Stage
aof2-fitness-club.gif

3. NeoGeo Battle Coliseum Cool Cool Town Stage
ngbc-coolcooltown-stage.gif

4. Fatal Fury 3 Cathedral Stage
1953203-fatal-fury-3-road-to-the-final-victory-neo-geo-cd-blue-mary-knoc.png

5. Real Bout Fatal Fury Special Japan Stage
realbout-fatalfury-special-stage-dry-river.gif

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I share the desire for more stages but anamused cat is hillarious. My top five requests if it were to happen would be:

1. Fatal Fury 3 Dock Stage
fatalfury3-stage-sound-beach.gif

2. Art of Fighting 2 Gym Stage
aof2-fitness-club.gif

3. NeoGeo Battle Coliseum Cool Cool Town
ngbc-coolcooltown-stage.gif

4. Fatal Fury 3 Cathedral Stage
1953203-fatal-fury-3-road-to-the-final-victory-neo-geo-cd-blue-mary-knoc.png

5. Real Bout Fatal Fury Special Japan Stage
realbout-fatalfury-special-stage-dry-river.gif
This:
kof95-stage-mexico.gif

With the lift.

Edit: actually, any 94/95 stages
kof95-stage-italy.gif

kof94-stage-brazil.gif

kof95-stage-korea.gif

kof95-stage-china.gif
I'm very partial to them and I always detested the spectators that were added from 96 onward.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I love the intro with the tree split in half by lightning for KoF '95's Korea stage.

Not sure what you mean with added spectators in '96. KoF '94 Mexico stage had tons of spectators.
kof94-stage-mexico.gif
Yeah but the stages were mostly just scenery. You got an exception, besides they were mostly bystanders than "spectators".
(Funny that Mexico has an oriental theme
2Rce3.gif
the "lift" was also Mexico.)

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Crossplay matchmaking and Goenitz are now available. Goenitz is a fun addition to the roster and online matches can be found in seconds.

However, I am uncertain about how to approach his boss battle. He breaks rules with unblockable supers, impossible to counter specials, and an extra tornado use on a downed opponent. I have never had an SNK boss beat me so definitively in spite of what team I used. Even his KoF '96 boss battle was a cakewalk compared to this nightmare.

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I beat the '96 version with perfectly timed rolls and a lot of special combos. That does not work here. I have a few other strategies to still try out.

Fuz

Banned
I beat the '96 version with perfectly timed rolls and a lot of special combos. That does not work here. I have a few other strategies to still try out.
Ralf down-up punch and Kim's left-right kick were my basic cheese tactics. Need to ask my KoF-addicted friend if he remembers more.

Pretty cool to see Duo Lon back.

City of the Wolves looks solid, it’s pretty much what I was expecting in terms of character model, very close to KoF XV. The distinct coloring is a nice choice, it’ll make the game look different from KoF.
Would be nice to see one or two characters from the expanded roster that, if I remember right, was meant for a MotW sequel.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
So did this end up being good? Deluxe edition on sale on Xbox right now for like 22 bucks, I'm tempted...
I recommend the Steam version because the costume mods are phenomenal and training stage mods are also neat. However, base game is good too. This video is an example of the mods:

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
So did this end up being good? Deluxe edition on sale on Xbox right now for like 22 bucks, I'm tempted...
I'm thinking of getting it, too. I was planning to wait for an all-inclusive version after all of the paid DLC releases but I'm really tempted.

It's nice to see Duo Lon back. The hair looks even weider in 3D but I like his clothes and fighting style. It would be nice to have Shen Woo too, but the next character is clearly a female. Who, I wonder?

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
If there is another season of DLC I am hoping for teams and stages. The release of only a single character every couple of months has been disappointing to me.

Celcius

°Temp. member
How often does this go on sale on the PSN store?
I've been wanting to buy the dlc characters but haven't seemed to see them on sale on psn lately

Last edited:
Top Bottom