• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOF XV Official Reveal !!

Oh, it’s slutty 2B.

That’s one wrestler too many for me.

Wonder who she is with? Ash? K’?

Edit:

TheDuskwalker TheDuskwalker can you tell me who the characters are? I can recognize some Lady Oscar, Tetsuya, and Axl Rose, but the others??
Lady Oscar = Elisabeth
No clue next to her but = Kukri
Terminator = Maxima
Indian Jones = Whip
Eyepatch man = Heidern
Master Raven = Dolores
Dancing Girl = Kula
Rock = Angel
Tetsuo = K9999 or Nameless

DLC/Top row
Nakoruru = duh
Mitsurugi = Haohmaru
Jack Sparrow = Darli Dagger

Gran = Rock
Nami = B. Jenet
Gato = Gato......

Todd Howard = Geese Howard
Axl Low = Billy Kane
Guda = probably Yamazaki

KOF movie Rugal = duh

If that shitpost looking thing was a real leak, well I be damned.

Last edited:
No clue next to her but = Kukri
Terminator = Maxima
Indian Jones = Whip
Eyepatch man = Heidern
Master Raven = Dolores
Dancing Girl = Kula
Rock = Angel
Tetsuya = K9999 or Nameless

DLC/Top row
Nakoruru = duh
Mitsurugi = Haohmaru
Jack Sparrow = Darli Dagger

Gran = Rock
Nami = B. Jenet
Gato = Gato......

Todd Howard = Geese Howard
Axl Low = Billy Kane
Guda = probably Yamazaki

KOF movie Rugal = duh

If that shitpost looking thing was a real leak, well I be damned.[/SPOILER]
Darli Dagger of all SamSho characters? They could go with Galford, Hanzo, or Charlotte.

Actually I'm not in favor of putting an entire SamSho team, that is more suited to a bigger cross-over game than KoF liks Capcom vs SNK or a Neo Geo Battle Coliseum sequel. Not gonna happen, I know. We already have these characters in the latest SamSho game, and Haohmaru is a DLC character in SoulCalibur Vi, so a SamSho team is really unnecessary and out-of-place in KoF. I would much rather have other KoF characters come back.

Also no Kim :(

The Mark of the Wolves team is excellent however.

Mister Wolf

FFaBUyraIAA6Mxu

I'm sure you're joking, but Ángel predates 2B by a good, ohhh... 16 years? 😂

In game model looks great. As for her voice, while it's annoying, it's actually LESS annoying than it was back in her original KoF 2001/2002 days.
I know, I just find it funny that she has a similar haircut but a completely different personality.

Hopefully we get another character trailer tomorrow.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
KOF bringing the goods. I'm debating between getting this one or Guilty Gear strive while it's still on sale.

SALMORE

Glad that K9999 is back ! and am so curious about his background story

looking forward to next week beta , hopefully they solved that PS+ issue

anthony2690

Banned
SNK, you really need to make an online beta for Xbox and PC too, because I am not buying your game without trying the online for myself, I've been burnt far too many times by your online.

Fuz

Banned
My guess is they're trying to pretend that this is just a completely new character to people on the outside looking in.
This is also what I think. They want to distance themselves as much as possible from that incident.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I really do not like Eolith era characters, but I am happy there is another beta this weekend. Would have been cooler to see Nameless, but mechanical similarities and alternate colors will hopefully remedy this.

Relique

Screenshot leak (I think famitsu magazine), confirming last member of Team Ash.

AASnK7AACsj-.jpg
She looks good. Glad they used the 13 outfit as a base for this design. I wasn't a huge fan of the boob window for XI, although I am sure it will be an alternate/DLC outfit.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
After playing the 2nd beta I am back on the fence about this game. The 1st beta had nostalgia going for it, but this one really showed me how KoF XV can be a 1 player game with Krohnen's long ass combos from every possible hit confirm and lack of a safe wake up unadressed. They better have Kim and balance patches en route to sell me on this thing again. Actual new characters are about as deep as a puddle. Might as well rotate the SNK oldies otherwise.

Last edited:

Relique

After playing the 2nd beta I am back on the fence about this game. The 1st beta had nostalgia going for it, but this one really showed me how KoF XV can be a 1 player game with Krohnen's long ass combos from every possible hit confirm and lack of a safe wake up unadressed. They better have Kim and balance patches en route to sell me on this thing again. Actual new characters are about as deep as a puddle. Might as well rotate the SNK oldies otherwise.
What do you mean by a safe wakeup? Do you mean something to use defensively when your character is waking up?

NeverYouMind

Gold Member

Awesome! I am going to download this on my laptop and try it out this weekend.

What do you mean by a safe wakeup? Do you mean something to use defensively when your character is waking up?
A few invincibility frames to roll out of the way, use a throw, or press a button. I only managed to catch someone with a wakeup anti-air special, but that is too predictable to be used effectively repeatedly. Admittedly, perhaps those frames do exist in offline, but in player matches I had to play guess that mix-up 90% of the time.

Last edited:

Relique

Awesome! I am going to download this on my laptop and try it out this weekend.

A few invincibility frames to roll out of the way, use a throw, or press a button. I only managed to catch someone with a wakeup anti-air special, but that is too predictable to be used effectively repeatedly. Admittedly, perhaps those frames do exist in offline, but in player matches I had to play guess that mix-up 90% of the time.
Those options are in fact in the game. Roll is invincible on the first frame so you can roll out of any meaty attack. If they are point blank and you attempt a throw then you will beat any normal that they do. Online shouldn't matter because there is a generous input buffer and there is rollback so the input isn't delayed. If it's a timing issue then your timing was just way way off.

As far as allowing you to just be invincible long enough to press buttons in wake up then no game does that. I don't know any KOF player who would want that either.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
On wakeup, it is reasonable to have a few invincibility frames to reset to neutral or improve position. I ate crow every time I attempted to roll or throw after getting knocked down. I could do it in older games no problem. That is nonsense. During wakeup most inputs are buffered, so I have no idea what you are on about with respect to pressing buttons or timing...

Last edited:

Relique

On wakeup, it is reasonable to have a few invincibility frames to reset to neutral or improve position. I ate crow every time I attempted to roll or throw after getting knocked down. I could do it in older games no problem. That is nonsense. During wakeup most inputs are buffered, so I have no idea what you are on about with respect to pressing buttons or timing...
What I am saying is that nothing changed from those "old" games you mentioned in regards to rolls. Rolls are strike invincible from frame 1, so if you are getting hit out of rolls you are doing it too early or too late. In KOF 15 you can also throw on wakeup while being throw invincible yourself. If that didn't work then they either weren't in throw range or you did it too early/late. It's possible something about the visuals is throwing off your timing a bit, but I assure you these defensive options are still there. In addition to my own experience, I follow hundreds of veteran KOF players that participated in the beta and haven't heard anyone complain about timing of these being any different.

I don't get the whole "reasonable to have a few invincibility frames" on wakeup. You are asking to get up for free after being knocked down?... but why? Like no other popular 2D fighting game franchise does this. In KOF, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Street Fighter, MvC, and anime games if you get knocked down you have to deal with pressure. I don't understand why this is a KOF15 problem or why it's a problem at all. Getting advantage after a knockdown is a pillar of fighting game mechanics since their inception.

If you don't like the game that is fine and I am not here to change your mind. I just found your qualms with the beta a little confusing.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Your suggestions do not make any sense. If there were no invincibility frames on wakeup, then every knock down would not effect combos in the least. It is an inherent part of how all fighting games are designed. Maybe a poor connection is to blame for disconnect between input and effect in this wakeup window. However, since this game is intended to be played online such windows need to be extended to compensate for imperfect connections. You can fuck right off about misinterpreting visual ques and your ass backwards interpretation of how fighting games are supposed to work.

Relique

Your suggestions do not make any sense. If there were no invincibility frames on wakeup, then every knock down would not effect combos in the least. It is an inherent part of how all fighting games are designed. Maybe a poor connection is to blame for disconnect between input and effect in this wakeup window. However, since this game is intended to be played online such windows need to be extended to compensate for imperfect connections. You can fuck right off about misinterpreting visual ques and your ass backwards interpretation of how fighting games are supposed to work.
You know my first thought when I read your original post is that you got blown up for being bad and posted some lame excuses, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and figured you just didn't know your defensive options. In the end you showed your true colors with the word salad and personal attacks. Continue not knowing how to block and blaming everything except yourself.

Top Bottom