• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOF XV Official Reveal !!

Relique

Dafuck did they do to his face?
FHS6CZgWYAE6aIr

Problem?

noonan2678

Neo Member
Does anyone happen to know if the PS5 version allows a downgrade to the PS4 one? I know they are saying the PS5 upgrade from the PS4 one is included. The concern is controller options with the PS5 when I've got tons of good PS4 ones. Sounds like they're supporting crossplay between 4/5 also, which is cool. Thanks!

kunonabi

Does anyone happen to know if the PS5 version allows a downgrade to the PS4 one? I know they are saying the PS5 upgrade from the PS4 one is included. The concern is controller options with the PS5 when I've got tons of good PS4 ones. Sounds like they're supporting crossplay between 4/5 also, which is cool. Thanks!
If ordered digitally you'll get both versions and can just play the PS4 version if you like. That's what I've been doing with guilty gear. Not sure about physical.

It sucks that PS5 makes using other controllers such a pain. I ended up buying a new stick and and the mayflash magic S pro so that I can start playing PS5 versions.

Last edited:

noonan2678

Neo Member
If ordered digitally you'll get both versions and can just play the PS4 version if you like. That's what I've been doing with guilty gear. Not sure about physical.

It sucks that PS5 makes using other controllers such a pain. I ended up buying a new stick and and the mayflash magic S pro so that I can start playing PS5 versions.
Ha, I actually think I have the mayflash pro. I was wondering why I got it, figured it was for my Switch, but didn't realize it works on PS5. I'll try that out. Def wanting to pick up KOF physical, so still curious about the versioning. Thanks for the info!

kunonabi

Ha, I actually think I have the mayflash pro. I was wondering why I got it, figured it was for my Switch, but didn't realize it works on PS5. I'll try that out. Def wanting to pick up KOF physical, so still curious about the versioning. Thanks for the info!
Yeah, it's kinda goofy but it works. I learned about it from this vid:

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I fired up SamSho last night for the first time in a while and remembered why I put it aside: interminable loading screens. Is KoF going to improve this?

kunonabi

You already got your roster figured out? I'm using Joe, Robert, Kyo, Leona, Whip, and Chizuru.
Most of my usual picks didnt make it but my main team will be Clark, Andy, and classic Leona. That's pretty much my core team just with Clark instead of Daimon.

Second team will probably be Angel/Ramon/B. Jenet although that might depend on if Ramon is less gimped than his XIV version.

Planning on Terry/Yashiro/Ryo as a third option as well. Although I'm not really feeling Ryo so that might change.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I will try Beni, Iori, and Shermie for the Double Dragon vibes. I will also try Kyo, Yuri, and MotW Terry for a Rumble in the Bronx theme. I will do so until I find a good home for Gato or the South Town mob takes over.

P.S. I hope the Samsho team rumors are bullshit beyond that so I can bring back some of my retired teams by using returning cast members in future DLC.

Last edited:

synce

Waiting until a big sale since they announced 2 season passes before the damn game's even out. At least spring for an english dub if you're going the nickle and dime route. Everything else was looking perfect.

Futaleufu

Waiting until a big sale since they announced 2 season passes before the damn game's even out. At least spring for an english dub if you're going the nickle and dime route. Everything else was looking perfect.
Why would SNK spend money in a dub for the region less likely to buy the game?

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
No offense, but the last time they did English dub for Maximum Impact it was cringe as f@#k. I would normally wait for a sale myself, but the game seems to be bringing the goods without tainting them (despite some lackluster choices) and the current slate of new releases for 2022 does not interest me at all outside of the Final Fantasy VI HD pixel remake. I look forward to Breath of the Wild 2 news as well despite not having a Switch, but that is likely not going to release this year.

Reizo Ryuu

Dunno how many of y'all care, because mobile gacha game etc., but there is a king of fighters beat em up game on mobile made by netmarble.
Today they released the beta of the pc client:
I've been playing this game since it launched and I enjoy it quite a bit, so I thought of sharing the pc release for any KOF fans with similar interests; There's currently enough content to play through the story mode of 9 games, '94 -'02.

King of fighters Allstar is also notorious for having cool collaborations every couple months, the latest one was with GGxrd, and the most surprising one being with WWE...yes if you were playing during that time (there have been no reruns yet), the Rock is a playable character.
They also add their own spin on characters called "allstar" characters, these include a "boss" version of leona and a female version of brian.

Since the client is a beta, there are some things of note:
On first launch the UI might be a bit screwed up, this can be fixed by going into full screen (F11) and then restarting the game.
The game doesn't automatically switch between keyboard and controller, if you want to use a controller, you have to go into settings and pick it in key setup.
current keybindings can be shown in-game at any time by pressing F1.
The graphics quality slider doesn't seem to be doing anything atm, seems to be stuck on the lowest setting.

Last edited:

Hoppa

So close! I’m not a big KoF guy, really didn’t like XIV, but I just got my preorder in!

Fingers crossed Sie Kensou makes it in and they fix his design. I remember in 13 he was a little Kung Fu guy then they turned him into what can only be described as an NPC in 14. Chris looks like he’s taken that title so here’s hoping! I liked him in an earlier game (can’t remember it was a GBA game) where he had shorts, ate pork buns and had some cool breakdance kinda moves. He was a bit like Yamcha in DBFZ I think

Right now for me Dolores and Geese are a lock. Third either Andy or Chizuru Kagura

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

I bought this off Epic this morning. For some reason it won't register that I own the DLC outfits. Also when I launch the game a get a window pop-up telling me I'm not authorized to play this game even though it still allows me to play. Getting a refund and buying the Steam version as soon as I get home.

McCheese

They've got to right?

They never fixed the load times on SamSho, even with the xbox series patch. It was very odd, you saw barely any improvement going from PS4 > PS5 and Xbox One > Series. I dropped off the game as 40+ seconds for a match to load was unacceptable.

But I can report that this has way better load times, on both next gen systems it’s about 5-10 seconds to get into a match. So whatever it was they fixed it.

Lads, we have made it. Finally KoF XV has released. I’ll have to wait for up to a month to get my copy cause international shipping. Can’t wait to play with Kyo, Terry, K’, Iori, Robert, and Vanessa.

Top Bottom