• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions announces colaboration with Xbox Game Studios

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
This is probably the episodic horror game that was being discussed with Stadia. Stadia flopped and cancelled/passed on a bunch of games around that same time.

jaysius

Banned
Wow, the level of salt from Sony Jingos is palpable. One day they love Kojima to pieces now today he’s making “nothing”. The game of the show is happening after the show is over. It’s a salt mine ARG.

Stephen Curry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
200.gif
im salty rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Aaaaaaand it begins.:messenger_beaming:

To be fair, i dont like Kojima games, and after Death Stranding i wont be playing this. Still the pain this is causing to some, Well Microsoft got what they wanted out of this.
Sorry you don’t like my response I love the earlier metal gear games they are the greatest of all time

ManaByte

Gold Member

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Goddamn, in the making since 2019.

This is probably gonna be Kojima unleashed to a new creative medium.

Can't wait.

tommib

I hope this has an offline version otherwise Kojima is dead for me. No reason to not have a single-player offline version. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese offline gaming culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being online. If you screw someone over offline in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Kojima's cloud game for Xbox neither on PC, nor will they purchase any of Kojima's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire market with this move.
Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel your partnership with Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
I hope this has an offline version otherwise Kojima is dead for me. No reason to not have a single-player offline version. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese offline gaming culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being online. If you screw someone over offline in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Kojima's cloud game for Xbox neither on PC, nor will they purchase any of Kojima's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire market with this move.
Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel your partnership with Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Step brother calm down!

From all we know it can be a candy crash spin off… if I am not mistaken MS owns the IP. Lol 😆

Vognerful

you are not going to pull this trick on me!

No Way Baby GIF by MOODMAN

RPSleon

We'll glad you liked it. Tried it and got fucking bored very quickly
I can imagine, and i understand that. I just had to defend it, as walking simulator is such a bad term for it compared to what that normally means.
I hope big budgets keep being spent on stuff thats so different.

Vognerful

Don't want to brag about it, but I am an insider myself

Best thing to do is to troll him now. Like saying he is right; Silent Hill is real and it is being developed by Kojima...............................................................................AND it is going to be an xbox exclusive. They are going to announce it next week.

hopefully that gives him anxiety for a week.

so this isnt overdose than? hes going to show up at sonys next show isnt he? with an actual game this time. im really starting to think he has been working on silent hill.

Last edited:
Kojima is an independent studio, he is free to make games for whoever is willing to pay... but that announcement was lame.

There was nothing there, not even a title... nothing. I guess if you're looking for fanboy ammo, yea that'll work but even a title would have made it way better.

RAIDEN1

If only Kojima announced a Snatcher and Policenauts combined, along with a new episode for Policenauts especially developed retaining the art-style of the previous entry..

Topher

Gold Member
"Cloud gaming"

Does this just mean it is only going to be available via streaming or is it using cloud in some new and unique way?

Not going to come out for years. Kojima always likes to reveal and hype his games for years. If he didn't show or reveal anything. Don't expect this to come out until 2026 I reckon.

Probably get the first look at next year's "e3".

You’re really proud of having an exclusive game that you have no idea what it is about…

you go gurl show those PlayStation peasants who is the boss!
i mean Respawn is working on things that i have no clue what they are....and im excited. Because i've liked all their games.

Im sure plenty of ppl are excited about Naughty Dogs next game.

If someone got excited about what Miyamoto was working on, i surely wouldn't insult them. Its perfectly acceptable to be excited about a creator who's work u historically enjoy

I thought the Starfield thread was full of salt, but this one is even worse. Pretty curious what they'll cook up that needs cloud tech. I guess we'll just
have to wait and see.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
You don't make this kind of numbers with throwing the money away.

Wonder how much they incinerated on Mixer
For some reason he thinks that market cap is real money on hand.

6jfy8y.jpg

What if I told you market cap is the way we valuate companies. What if I told you having a ton of liquid cash laying around is not a good thing for huge companies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom