• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions' Next Game Announcement Coming 'Quite Soon'

Backyward wrestling 3

Kojima is bringing Norman Reedus into backyward wrestling universe with the Decima engine, in which Norman with precision footsteps needs to fight Violent J the Insane Clown Posse. Norman must walk across USA to the Gathering of the Juggalos to challenge Mr J.
Nicole-458 from Halo makes her return to the Xbox version as a playable wrestler, while PS5 gets Knack, Switch gets Waluigi and Epic store gets Rocket League car.

Release Nov 2023.
Exclusive to Googles next cloud based gaming system which isnt announced from Sept 2023.

Last edited:
Was only timed exclusivity so I bet it could, depends if Sony offered any hush hush money to KojiPro to ensure it didn't drop on Xbox systems.
An Xbox gamer can dream! Hopefully it will eventually come then! I know it's on PC but not only PC is not really my thing but I don't think I could run it without upgrading my PC.

longdi

Banned
Have a feeling it will be a Xbox exclusive.

cant wait.
day 1 GP, on PC at 21:9 144hz.

phil-spencer-xbox-buying-kojima-productions-580x334.jpg

Last edited:
Backyward wrestling 3

Kojima is bringing Norman Reedus into backyward wrestling universe with the Decima engine, in which Norman with precision footsteps needs to fight Violent J the Insane Clown Posse. Norman must walk across USA to the Gathering of the Juggalos to challenge Mr J.
Nicole-458 from Halo makes her return to the Xbox version as a playable wrestler, while PS5 gets Knack, Switch gets Waluigi and Epic store gets Rocket League car.

Release Nov 2023.
Exclusive to Googles next cloud based gaming system which isnt announced from Sept 2023.
3ozTDOf.gif

Mikey Jr.

I'm personally hoping for no death stranding 2.

Game was a huge swing and a miss for me. I beat it, but the last half was an absolute slog for me.

Spaceman292

Banned
No more Death Stranding please. Make something that had good gameplay. It will probably be a game that has you enter data into spreadsheets for hours in between cinematic cut scenes that people will praise for its artistic interpretation of worker bee hell.
Papers, Please was pretty good.

Interfectum

We'll know if Phil really is feeding into the meme machine with shit in his background if Kojima really is making an Xbox game.

Kojima is on fire right now. DS was the most polished game he has done in years. Really looking forward to whatever he does next.

Drewpee

Banned
In January 2020, Kojima was quoted as saying he’d like to try his hand at making smaller games such as episodic and digital-only titles, while working on the studio’s next major release.

The designer has also previously expressed a desire to explore a “new format of game” enabled by cloud gaming platforms.

Ed7HGPmXoAEf2M7.jpg
Sounds like a nod to services like Gamepass and Stadia would we dare see a Kojima exclusive for Xbox through Gamepass?

Nah, that couldn't happen...

Maybe I missed it, where did this idea that his next game would be an Xbox exclusive come from?

Seems an odd direction for him to take.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This won't get any traction here but a Death Stranding inspired Battle Royale would be great. An emphasis on logistics, building, planning etc would make for something really interesting.

An Xbox gamer can dream! Hopefully it will eventually come then! I know it's on PC but not only PC is not really my thing but I don't think I could run it without upgrading my PC.
Yeah Sony would be totaly fine with a game using their in-house engine to be released on Xbox. Next Thursday!

Last edited:

Mmnow

He also has a Nintendo Switch on that shelf. MS buying Nintendo confirmed!
He was in the Nintendo documentary.

It's not a coincidence that almost everything on that shelf has been linked to something, except the Kojima statue (and the Watch Dogs thing, although it's rumoured to be coming to Gamepass).

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
He tried a exclusive game for Stadia, I’m sure the next game it’s not Sony funded game
A Google representative speaking to GamesRadar says that the VGC report was “inaccurate and reported hearsay as fact,” adding that the report’s assertions regarding Kojima and Yu Suzuki “projects” were not true, saying that Google does not “have anything, nor have announced anything, with Kojima or Yu Sazuki.” Source

Top Bottom