• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KojiPro producer tags Elle Fanning game with Death Stranding, then deletes tweet

kyliethicc

Looks like its Death Stranding 2 confirmed lol

As spotted by Gematsu, a Kojima Productions producer, known as CopperKat on Twitter, retweeted Kojima's latest set of teaser posters for his next project and accidentally included a hashtag for Death Stranding. CopperKat said, "So many questions! Who's excited to see what comes next? #DeathStranding #WhereAmI". The tweet has unsurprisingly been deleted, only furthering the idea that it was a slip-up.

Update 16:40 BST 07/10/22: After that initial tweet, CopperKat followed up by saying she'd just forgotten a question mark, following it up by tweeting "#deathstranding?". She said, "Guys, I'd love to share your excitement but it was a long day and I simply failed to put a question mark at the end of a tag".

nial

Gold Member
I was waiting for someone to make this thread, and yeah it's a funny fuck up lol

kyliethicc

Last edited:
200.gif

Death Stranding 2 is one of the worst kept secrets in gaming. Kojima can't help himself with the offbeat marketing campaigns. Gotta love that weirdo

Hyped to see the game. Not quite sure where they can take the story though

Doom85

I guess I need to finish Death Stranding, I think I am in Chapter 10 or some shit.

Weirdly enough, without saying what happens, the ending feels extremely definitive, like there SHOULDN’T be a sequel. And I assume this next game isn’t a prequel because Sam wouldn’t really be able to develop as a character then. But Kojima is a crazy motherfucker, I’m sure he’ll find an interesting way to tackle this.

Weirdly enough, without saying what happens, the ending feels extremely definitive, like there SHOULDN’T be a sequel. And I assume this next game isn’t a prequel because Sam wouldn’t really be able to develop as a character then. But Kojima is a crazy motherfucker, I’m sure he’ll find an interesting way to tackle this.

the extinction entity still exist, though

kyliethicc

Elle Fanning is likely
Louise

Maybe even playable

Doom85

the extinction entity still exist, though

True, but IIRC didn’t she say the extinction would now be changed to a LONG, LONG time from now? Like tens or hundreds of thousands of years in the future?

Of course, maybe it will be revealed the game does take place that far in the future, and Norman Reedus is playing an AI hologram of Sam who follows and advises the new MC. Or something like that.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I am very curious where Death Stranding would go from its ending. I doubt it’s gameplay would be like the first because it wouldn’t really make sense to do it again.

True, but IIRC didn’t she say the extinction would now be changed to a LONG, LONG time from now? Like tens or hundreds of thousands of years in the future?

Of course, maybe it will be revealed the game does take place that far in the future, and Norman Reedus is playing an AI hologram of Sam who follows and advises the new MC. Or something like that.
maybe it will be about colonizing a new planet that way sam/lou can let Bridget rest for good

kyliethicc

If they wanted to make the gameplay in the sequel jump a gen truly they'd go to space.

Its the natural way to create new game mechanics and focus more on phyiscs. The game is all about gear and traversal. Different planets with different gravity. Atmospheres unsafe to breath, limited oxygen, etc. Skeletons for heavy gravity, ropes & tethers for light gravity, spacecraft, and more. Plus alien BTs lol

Isn’t Kojima a fan of Nicolas Windings Refn
he's in Death Stranding. Heartman

Last edited:

Three

If they wanted to make the gameplay in the sequel jump a gen truly they'd go to space.

Its the natural way to create new game mechanics and focus more on phyiscs. The game is all about gear and traversal. Different planets with different gravity. Atmospheres unsafe to breath, limited oxygen, etc. Skeletons for heavy gravity, ropes & tethers for light gravity, spacecraft, and more. Plus alien BTs lol

he's in Death Stranding. Heartman
While playing it I actually thought there would be some hidden space region due to the Novelist's Son's emails. I thought the Homo Luden figure is a fully geared out Sam in space.

Last edited:

Three

Can somebody explain the

TGS - [WHO] - Elle
PAX - [WHERE] - ??
?? - ?? - ??

Thing? Is he confirming an upcoming event where he reveals the [what]?

Can somebody explain the

TGS - [WHO] - Elle
PAX - [WHERE] - ??
?? - ?? - ??

Thing? Is he confirming an upcoming event where he reveals the [what]?

Each question mark is revealed at an event so paris games week he’s gonna reveal someone else.

Then the next event and person is a mystery until the next one is revealed. So everyones assuming TGA is going to be the last event

kyliethicc

too soon for a DS sequel.
for a reveal? nope. been in development all year, mo-cap started around March

Kojima signed his deal with Sony in December 2015
made a new studio
toured Sony's studios for an engine
made a reveal trailer
revealed in June 2016 just 7 months after the deal was signed

he's had plenty of time to make a reveal trailer for a December reveal
he's working on it as we speak btw

No way, its gonna be 4-5 years

last game began in 2016 and shipped November 2019
starting 2022 makes Q4 2025 seem likely for ship date

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Looking forward to seeing whatever it is. I need to get back to desthstranding. I should pick up the directors cut. I only played like 3 hours. It sure was crazy.

The fact that he is simping over these actors/directors. You should see his Insta account, if he could post a pic with Nicolas Winding Refn's dick in his mouth he would do it. All these "look I'm friend with A list actors" posts are really annoying and childish to say the least.

Nothing embarrassing but he is obsessed with Hollywood, that's for sure. I don't really care though, as long as he carries on making Good games.

Top Bottom