• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KojiPro producer tags Elle Fanning game with Death Stranding, then deletes tweet

Overdose --> DS2 --> Cloud title ?

I'm trying to guess the order in which we will receive these titles.

DS2 was in negotiations last year.
[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]
And early development started this year.
[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

The game referred to in your quote is the unannounced horror title Overdose.

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

There's really not been anything concrete to back up this "Overdose" project being an actual thing. As far as I'm aware Henderson is the only person who had reported it.

With that said, the whole thing's confusing. Kojima's Stadia project was cancelled, and from what I can tell the recently announced XBox project is still VERY early in development. So if we take the Stadia and XBox game out of the equation, what game is "Overdose" then?

Assuming you're right about DS2 just recently starting development, it begs the question as to what the heck he's been up to since 2019. I have a hard time believing that all he was working on was the Death Stranding Director's Cut. Maybe he's been working on the DS2 script? Preliminary developmental work? I dunno. My theory is he was developing the Stadia project, that fell through, and he pivoted back to DS2 only just recently.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

There's really not been anything concrete to back up this "Overdose" project being an actual thing. As far as I'm aware Henderson is the only person who had reported it.

With that said, the whole thing's confusing. Kojima's Stadia project was cancelled, and from what I can tell the recently announced XBox project is still VERY early in development. So if we take the Stadia and XBox game out of the equation, what game is "Overdose" then?

Assuming you're right about DS2 just recently starting development, it begs the question as to what the heck he's been up to since 2019. I have a hard time believing that all he was working on was the Death Stranding Director's Cut. Maybe he's been working on the DS2 script? Preliminary developmental work? I dunno. My theory is he was developing the Stadia project, that fell through, and he pivoted back to DS2 only just recently.
81f0bc2e22120bb8ccded0a85a39aab39d05970b.gif

kyliethicc

Apparently Kojima Productions asked Henderson to take down the leak article, so the Overdose game was real at least. Could it now be cancelled? Sure. Also, Henderson said he saw footage of it running on a Google phone and speculated its the cloud game Kojima was making for Stadia.

Kojima said that a game of his was cancelled in 2020. Highly likely the Stadia game.

Reports say he then took this cloud game idea to Microsoft and made a deal. We know thats real, and the timeline fits.

bitbydeath

Apparently Kojima Productions asked Henderson to take down the leak article, so the Overdose game was real at least. Could it now be cancelled? Sure. Also, Henderson said he saw footage of it running on a Google phone and speculated its the cloud game Kojima was making for Stadia.

Kojima said that a game of his was cancelled in 2020. Highly likely the Stadia game.

Reports say he then took this cloud game idea to Microsoft and made a deal. We know thats real, and the timeline fits.
There is also a certain game that was recently rated in Korea that meets the timeline.

Isn't it possible that "Overdose" is the Stadia game that got cancelled, and the XBox project is something entirely unrelated? I don't know why people assume XBox picked up the Stadia project.

Isn't it possible that "Overdose" is the Stadia game that got cancelled, and the XBox project is something entirely unrelated? I don't know why people assume XBox picked up the Stadia project.

Yeah, im not sure why thats automatically assumed. There could also be a case where theres proprietary work or tech in the stadia game that sony allowed that they wouldnt allow in the microsoft game.

No one really knows anything

kyliethicc

Of course thats what I said. The reason its the same core game is its a streaming based game Kojima says he's wanted to make for a long time. Its not a normal game you just download and play. He only went to Microsoft after Google cancelled the game.

But the title could be something else sure. We'll find out when he announces the name.

Yeah, im not sure why thats automatically assumed. There could also be a case where theres proprietary work or tech in the stadia game that sony allowed that they wouldnt allow in the microsoft game.

No one really knows anything
Sony has no control over Kojima's other game. They couldn't even keep Death Stranding off PC game pass.

He's an independent developer.

Last edited:

It could also be that it was changed to fit Xbox. So maybe the Stadia trailer couldn't apply to the Xbox project because it's very different. That would make sense why he didn't say or show anything at the showcase. Not even the name or what it is which could indicate its in very early stages of development.

Corndog

Banned

Are we going to keep wasting time arguing the exact same arguments?

ElCasual

call my attention that in the photo with Elle the Copyright says "2020 Kojima Productions" so....Death Stranding??

kyliethicc

How do they decide on what year to put beside the copyright logo anyway for each game?
the year its copyrighted

the KojimaProds 2020 copyright has nothing to do with Death Stranding thats a SIE copyright

whatever it is its just something to do with the studio. name itself, site, software, etc

Last edited:

ElCasual

the year its copyrighted

the KojimaProds 2020 copyright has nothing to do with Death Stranding thats a SIE copyright

whatever it is its just something to do with the studio. name itself, site, software, etc
But if this Is a new game the year Will be 2022?

Was kojima really gonna make an exclusive Google stadia game? He got lucky that stadia flopped because that would have been a terrible choice.

3liteDragon

the year its copyrighted

So the Spider-Man 2 trailer has a 2021 copyright label since that’s when the trailer came out, so is there gonna be a 2023 copyright label when the game’s out? Just curious.

kyliethicc

So the Spider-Man 2 trailer has a 2021 copyright label since that’s when the trailer came out, so is there gonna be a 2023 copyright label when the game’s out? Just curious.
the year is the year a copyright is legalized. it can be renewed/updated, or left to expire.

its like a 2021 bottle of wine. it was bottled in 2021.

will they update the copyright in 2023? (like making a new vintage with new bottles in 2023?)

idk, probably. doesn't matter really

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I wonder if this is the longest amount of time we have ever gone between a Kojima release and an official announcement of an upcoming game.

Top Bottom