• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami & Bloober Team announce a new strategic partnership

DonJorginho

Banned
Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Of all the studios to make a new Silent Hill... fucking Bloober Team

not like this GIF

GrayChild

Gold Member
Not very happy to hear this. I like Bloober and everything they made so far (I'd say that The Medium was a better Silent Hill game than all post-Team Silent titles), but there's no way in hell they can reach even a quarter of the greatness of the first 4 Silent Hills.

Last edited:
Yeah, they were apparently making one of the two new Silent Hill games according to "leaked info" from some insider or other a month or two ago. Hopefully it'll be good, I don't feel confident though.

Damn, that's quite a seal of approval for Bloober. I only recently became aware of them, playing the Medium and then Observer. Both are great, if a little rough around the edges. A Konami/Bloober horror game has loads of potential.

Last edited:

T0minator

I have a feeling Bloober is going to make it too "Silent Hill" ...and it won't be Silent Hill ....it needs to feel strange and unfamiliar

Why two though?
Unless each are exclusives to each system?

I've meneged to find the leak that I mentioned, it was back in February and apparently two because Konami wants two games. Maybe if the rumour of the PS5 version is accurate Konami maybe thought they could take advantage of the publicity? Not sure really.

Ah, that doesn't actually mention Blopper Team, that could have been a later rumour.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

You gotta have some respect for bloober, as they did what no other dev had done up until recently and made a game that cashed in on that silent hill nostalgia.

Maybe if some other dev had stepped up to the plate, it wouldn't be bloober making a purported silent hill game, but them instead.

No doubt Konami saw what they did with the game, saw some promise, and brought them on board.

bender

What time is it?
You gotta have some respect for bloober, as they did what no other dev had done up until recently and made a game that cashed in on that silent hill nostalgia.

Maybe if some other dev had stepped up to the plate, it wouldn't be bloober making a purported silent hill game, but them instead.

No doubt Konami saw what they did with the game, saw some promise, and brought them on board.

I just hate how their games feel and a lot of that comes down to performance which is saying something consider how limited they are mechanically.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I don't think they're good enough to make a high quality mainline entry, but I'm still eager to find out what they'll come up with. I generally like Bloober's games and finished most of them.

demonstr8

A Silent Hill game by a non Japanese developer is something I could not be less interested in and from the general reception and sales of the games outside of 1 to 3 my opinion seems to be popular, I guess Konami just haven't learned yet.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
If they're actually working on SH, then I hope they just follow the blueprint of SH1-2. Don't try to make something that is more difficult to design like PT.
The Medium wasn't as horrible as people made it out to be. You don't need to make a 10/10 game.

Of course, we might end up with another weird spin-off like the Vita game, who knows.

Last edited:

ksdixon

I've meneged to find the leak that I mentioned, it was back in February and apparently two because Konami wants two games. Maybe if the rumour of the PS5 version is accurate Konami maybe thought they could take advantage of the publicity? Not sure really.

Ah, that doesn't actually mention Blopper Team, that could have been a later rumour.

So potentially there's:

- SH soft reboot (Sony JPN Studio collab with BluePoint rumor)

- SH multiplarform by Blooper Team (known for The Medium, and I think Blair Witch)

- non SH Kojima episodic horror game new IP (passed-on by Stadia, rumored to be coming to XB)

Have I understood rumors correctly?

GrayChild

Gold Member
If they get the combat to actually work then perhaps it will be a better SH than everything that came after SH2.

At the very least, I expect them to make a better game than anything that came after SH4. They only need to up their writing chops and make the gameplay and puzzles a bit more interesting and varied.

The Medium, while far from perfect was already much better than Homecoming and Shattered Memories.

Last edited:

Editaur

Bloober Team was hiring developers experienced in combat mechanics so not too enthusiastic about this news.

I hope they put more attention into the environments and character models.

ToadMan

Ctrl-F MGS
Ctrl-F Metal

Oh thank god for that. They can massacre silent hill if they want - go crazy and keep that Xbox exclusive.

But please don’t let them loose on MGS.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Wow this is a bit disappointing. Hopefully they can make something good as I would buy a decent silent hill. Will be following closely, the medium did not look great but I have not played it so can’t judge it.

Top Bottom