• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami & Bloober Team announce a new strategic partnership

skit_data

That's like saying I'd rather be shot in the head instead of eaten alive by a pack of Hyenas, I mean yeah one is clearly more favourable, but they both offer the same dismal conclusion.
I’d easily go with ”eaten alive by a pack of Hyenas”, much more entertainment value. It’s also way more memorable for your family and friends.

Hmm… can’t shake the feeling that the upsides of getting eaten alive by hyenas are still somehow better than Bloobers Silent Hill game.

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
I haven't played Silent Hill 2. Heard it's an all time classic but I can't go back to early 3D era games only 2D games age nicely.
If you're talking about graphic, I believe SH2 had aged gracefully. It still looks great, and the monster designs are timeless.
If you're talking about tank controls, you can actually change them. The alternate control system is so much better.

Believe me, it's worth it. 👍

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

Credits to Bloober Team for scoring Silent Hill (presumably).

Silent Hill Homecoming and Downpour were already not Japanese but I liked them.

Will see.

Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

bitbydeath

Suppose I should put this here too, the Bloober title might be the rumoured Xbox (formerly Stadia) episodic game.

dy6lk48q58771.png

Last edited:
My guess: The bloober Silent Hill will be a copy of Silent Hill 2 with a female protagonist, minimal combat, and a rediculous mechanic like the dog in Blair Witch.

SilentUser

As an old-school Silent Hill fan, I really don't know how I feel about this as I never played a Bloober Game. Not really excited with them working on it as their games weren't interesting from what I saw.

However, they may surprise me with SH. Will stay cautiously optimistic and see what they have to show with the IP before I discard it.

And the rumours about another Silent Hill remains. Hopefully it won't take too long to announce it.

If they get the combat to actually work then perhaps it will be a better SH than everything that came after SH2.
Do these guys even know how to do combat based on their previous games? If this is legitimate, I don’t have any faith that they or hardly anyone especially outside of Japan can do justice to a Silent Hill game, but we’ll see what happens. If there are supposedly two Silent Hill games in development, maybe this is a spin-off, side story or something.

Last edited:
Do these guys even know how to do combat based on their previous games? If this is legitimate, I don’t have any faith that they or hardly anyone especially outside of Japan can do justice to a Silent Hill game, but we’ll see what happens. If there are supposedly two Silent Hill games in development, maybe this is a spin-off, side story or something.
Their combat system is pretty limited. But they know how to create a good atmosphere. So it depends on them showing some evolution when it comes to combat mechanics. I think they are a good studio to handle a new SH.

Bloober Team's only "good" work was Observer. I don't have hopes for a Silent Hill from them, especially after Blair Witch and The Medium.

Pilgrimzero

SH1-3 were the only truly good ones IMO.

Shattered Memories was actually interesting and did some cool things.

Ever other mainline title was... okay.

If Blooper can make an “okay” SH, Ill be fine with it.

Nautilus

Banned
Well, at least its better than nothing.And its harder nowadays for games to completely suck.I would guess that, at worst, this game will end up being decent.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Let's just hope they have a good budget & it's good....and 3rd person.
I've played Layer's of Fear but that's about it, can't comment on The Medium

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
I had a bad feeling this might happen. Tell you what though after the haunted house level in RE8 I always thought that Capcom team could have made a great SH.

But no. Its Bloober team. The Medium's atmosphere was ruined by the main protagonist never shutting the fuck up EVER.

Oh well. That's the final nail in the coffin for SH I guess.

Top Bottom