• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami & Bloober Team announce a new strategic partnership

Papacheeks

Banned
You have sources on this?

Yes.

But I'm not divulging that. Next event Sony is doing will either show it or tease it. Hassan is doing an app/game that will be interactive for this upcoming event. Both Projects that Bluepoint and another group have been working on are pretty far along. But I dont know if they will be a focus. with kojima's tease for MGS in his directors cut trailer of death stranding it looks like they are more ready to show MGS at this time.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Good to see Silent Hill fans taking the news well.
07HPvVy.gif

J/K

Terenty

Yes.

But I'm not divulging that. Next event Sony is doing will either show it or tease it. Hassan is doing an app/game that will be interactive for this upcoming event. Both Projects that Bluepoint and another group have been working on are pretty far along. But I dont know if they will be a focus. with kojima's tease for MGS in his directors cut trailer of death stranding it looks like they are more ready to show MGS at this time.
You have sources? So what's Hassan role in all of this? Is he making Silent Hill?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The freaky thing is how good Team Silent were in their heyday. I mean, if you consider their games are from 3 generations ago they have absolutely no right to look as good as they do/did.

Bloober aren't bad, and their stuff has improved considerably and consistently with every project. But damn, you want to bring SH back in style... then you need a real AAA team to do it, because these are some very big boots to fill.

bitbydeath

exactly, even though he said he has no ties to Konami or Kojami. People still want to keep believing.
TeamFake often picks and chooses what they deem as a lie or truth to fit their agenda. Eg. What you wrote above is considered as truth but when Blue Box stated they have 7 support studios working under them for their new title it gets immediately painted out as a lie.

The simplest conclusion is usually the right one, it’s all lies, they don’t exist. #TeamReal

Mozzarella

Silent Hill series had like one game that hit the jackpot which was 2 and 3 was decent, i dont think as a franchise it was elite, like Resident Evil or Metal Gear.
I know people are pissed because Bloober is mediocre studio, but i dont think any studio will nail the game, Silent Hill 2 is a cult classic now, its a thing of the past, kinda like Satoshi Kon anime films, something hard to make again in a similar fashion because the OG staff is gone. So Bloober or not its not going to matter imo, and as for Gameplay complaints, Silent Hill never had good gameplay, the game always had clunky controls and bad combat system, the gameplay was always weak but nobody cared for that, people loved 2 things; 1) The Writing. 2) The Atmosphere (thanks to the art and soundtrack). That's about it. Atmosphere can be re-done by a talented team, but writing is the tricky one.
I really like Silent Hill 2, its the one that stands out, but i also think the game is overpraised too (people really over sell the scare/horror factor), sure it was underrated back then, when it came out but now its not, maybe the opposite. But im still not sure about that. I prefer Resident Evil Remake to it.

Anyway, as i said, i dont think this series will ever have a game like the second one, that was a 1 time hit, but i hope they make a good Silent Hill game, but who am i kidding, the nostalgia will kick in and fans of the old game will not accept the new ones, its just not going to work, best thing imo is to start a new franchise, Silent Hill is over, start a new series, but i guess name is good for marketing right? thats why Ubisoft calls its open world action adventure games "Assassins Creed" even though its no longer similar in any shape or form to what it was supposed to be.

Last edited:
I think Konami wants to get back into console games. Maybe we get 2 new Silent Hills and a Metal Gear Solid remake.

Last edited:
I mean I guess the medium appealed to some people - maybe they can make a silent hill like the old ones… I won’t be playing it tho.

EDIT: how crazy would it have been for PT to actually become a real silent hill game - that basically reinvented the horror game genre and it was a demo

Last edited:
It's not Silent Hill

Nicolas Cage Laughing GIF

Edit: the article claims there's still a possibility but I'd rather they just let the series rest in peace tbh
I took the article as them saying one of those products isn't Silent Hill, but doesn't mean they aren't making Silent Hill. Anyway, my guess is that it will be a SIlent Hill 2 clone with a female protagonist.

Valonquar

Konami released a Bomberman S game with more microtransactions than you can shake a stick at. Might be old, but just noticed it on the PS Store this weekend. The 64 man mode looks amusing, but the amount of MTX made it a no go for me.

Top Bottom