• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Is Open To Remaking More Metal Gear Solid Titles If Fans Want Them

Motherfuckers, how many times must I tell you, how more clear can I make it out Konami? Silent Hill 1, SH1, Silent Hill 1999, Silent Hill PS1, SILENT HILL!!!!

tumblr_inline_pnf1b2ZBXp1siuafn_540.png
tumblr_inline_pnf1vrcvQ21siuafn_1280.png
tumblr_inline_pnf1xtspi71siuafn_1280.png

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Motherfuckers, how many times must I tell you, how more clear can I make it out Konami? Silent Hill 1, SH1, Silent Hill 1999, Silent Hill PS1, SILENT HILL!!!!

tumblr_inline_pnf1b2ZBXp1siuafn_540.png
tumblr_inline_pnf1vrcvQ21siuafn_1280.png
tumblr_inline_pnf1xtspi71siuafn_1280.png
I think Konami is going with the safe bets
Although remaking MGS3 makes little sense if that's the case as MG4,2,1 sold more then 3.
But 3 is a fan favourite....but so are the others.
I think Silent Hill 1 & MGS1 are next if they do continue to remake them so all is good

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Fans want them, but they also want competent developers with proven track records. So, prove us wrong, Konami.

Then again, Hogwarts came out of nowhere with a developer that was unproven in the AAA scene, so maybe there's a chance these could turn out the same with proper funding and resources.

I think Konami is going with the safe bets
Although remaking MGS3 makes little sense if that's the case as MG4,2,1 sold more then 3.
But 3 is a fan favourite....but so are the others.
I think Silent Hill 1 & MGS1 are next if they do continue to remake them so all is good
Technically the Metal Gear Solid games have always been on PC to some extent. The first and second have official PC ports, the third and fourth games didn't and the series turned to the platform with MGSV. It's the same story with the Silent Hill PC ports as Konami have never really dicked out on us (to their enormous credit) as many Japanese developers did. SH1 doesn't have an official port though so I'm pushing for it to make a release.

YCoCg

"Another reason is that many fans have been requesting a remake of this game for a long time."
And it is absolutely NOTHING to do with the fact that all the character models and basic mapping models have already been done in FOX Engine for the Pachinko machines.

ungalo

I think they're doing a "cheap" remake for MGS3 that doesn't need a complete overhaul of the gameplay. Then if it sells they'll do bigger remakes for the first two.

It wouldn't make sense to revert to an older style of gameplay after the launch of MGS3 R, this is the reason they're doing MGS3 first, because it could be made "cheap".

I think they're doing a "cheap" remake for MGS3 that doesn't need a complete overhaul of the gameplay. Then if it sells they'll do bigger remakes for the first two.

It wouldn't make sense to revert to an older style of gameplay after the launch of MGS3 R, this is the reason they're doing MGS3 first, because it could be made "cheap".
This is Konami we're talking about here pal. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a GTA: Definition Edition on all three games.

Well the master collection is a lazy mess, and MGS3 Delta looks really soulless and lame, so I really would rather not.
I was hoping Bluepoint was doing MGS 1, but i bet its Konami its self and Virtous like MGS Delta. For all we know they are having Virtuous slap some pretty graphics onto Twin Snakes.

VinnyMac

We wanted mgs1 and you gave us the most overhyped one...what makes them think we think they listen to us.

Arsic

If this is a flop then no thanks.

If it’s on par with a RE game remake, then do MGS1 next.

Ultimately without a talented and passionate studio with funds it’ll never happen. Konami likely threw some jobbers at this like the SH2 remake.

ssringo

The only thing I want Konami to do is hurry up and put the Castlevania (3)DS collection on Steam. They can fart around with remakes all they want afterwards.

WorldHero

Always weird seeing how Konami drops news. I’d prefer to play the remakes in order but I’m just glad we’re getting them tbh.

RAIDEN1

It was an absolute no brainer to remake the 1998 reboot of the MGS series it needed it more than MGS 3 did....I wonder how long they'll drag their heels with that.

Bond007

Just gimme a damn MGS 1 remake (my favorite game).
Sware, between the Kojima/Konami dustup, Konami dropping gaming for a while, shitty collections, and going with MGS3 first (i don't care if its "technically" first) - i just can't catch a break with my favorite series.

Top Bottom